Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Damn I was about to re-up on points so I could get old COD maps I lost when I got a new HD. So I gotta pay money for them (the maps) now? My bad for putting this in the GTA thread. Just curious.

If you've already downloaded those maps on your current profile you don't need to pay for them again.

Damn I was about to re-up on points so I could get old COD maps I lost when I got a new HD. So I gotta pay money for them (the maps) now? My bad for putting this in the GTA thread. Just curious.
If you've already downloaded those maps on your current profile you don't need to pay for them again.
It was on my old HD, different Gamer Tag.

If you preorder gtav or any new game you get 40% off another game.

So you'd pay $95+ for two new games.
is this at Gamestop ? might have to go do this so i can grab GTA V and FIFA 14.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Grand Theft Auto V: Details on the PSN Pre-order

Yesterday, PlayStation announced that gamers who pre-order the digital version of Grand Theft Auto V will receive 75 percent off the digital version of another Rockstar title. Then, with yesterday's PlayStation Store update, folks could buy GTA V and wait patiently until the September 17th release date.

However, for folks who have pre-ordered games via the PSN before, this raised two questions -- would GTA V be available at midnight or the normal afternoon PSN publish time and would pre-loading the game be possible?

IGN confirmed with Rockstar that GTA V will unlock at midnight Pacific time on September 17th, but you won't be able to pre-load it. So, basically, if you pre-order the PSN version of the game, you'd need to download it that night at midnight. For a game as big as GTA V, that might take some time on the PSN.

Link:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/grand-theft-auto-v-details-on-the-psn-pre-order

Pretty nice deal for NT'ers who have a working PS3 but non working blu-ray drive.

I'd highly recommend getting Max Payne 3 with the 75% discount.Seriously one of the most underrated rate games this console gen.IGN gave it a 9.0 last year.Or go with Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition.

Last edited:
Well people on the gtaforums are going Ape sh*t over this:

A person on the GTA V reddit said they pre ordered the game off the UK PSN Store, hit "download all" and was surprised it started downloading the actual game, atomic blimp DLC, and a Franklin PS3 theme. The game probably won't unlock and the person won't be able to install it until midnight 9-17 though.

People on Reddit and gtaforums are telling the person to try changing his PS3 system date to after 9-17 and try to install & play it :lol: or try downloading a PS3 custom firmware, taking his PS3 off the internet and see if he can install & play it.

18GB :wow: though

This pretty much confirms GTA V has gone GOLD and the game is finished. R* of course though aren't going to release any info acknowledging the game has gone GOLD.

R* can't be happy with this at all since they said they were going to do everything they could to prevent leaks of GTA V.I've even seen reports claiming R* wasn't going to ship the game to retailers until 9-15 or 9-16 and were only letting major retailers like Gamestop & Ebgames to do the midnight launches.

R* knows about the smaller mom & pops video game stores selling the game early and that's why they were holding off shipping the game so late to them.

Also sucks that R* said people here in the US who pre order off the US PSN store won't be allowed to pre download the game but the UK & EU are able to do so ?

Not sure if that is because of how Sony operates in the US & UK ?

Last edited:
Can't weight for this game.

On another note, my cousin doesn't eem want this game and wants to get Battlefield and NBA2k14 instead :stoneface: :smh: :x

What does going gold mean?

It means the game is done, and has been sent to factories for the discs to made for PS3 & XBOX 360.

Here a more detailed explanation:

The developer will go through a stage of milestones. The last three are usually: Alpha, Beta, Gold Master. They are usually determined / signed off, by the publisher. It also involves the platform holder: Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. If all the Technical Certification Requirements (TCR*'s) are met. Sony/MS/Nintendo will 'pass' the game. Throughout the entire process, it involves the Studios QA, Publishers QA and the platform holder's QA. So the developer will fix bugs. Test it. Submit to the publisher, who then tests again. It's then submitted to the platform holder. Who tests again. If it fails, it's rejected. The cycle starts again.
Once the platform holder has "passed" the product. It will be sent off for distribution. This includes, cover printing, disc production and book printing. It usually takes about a month from Gold Master to distribution. There are companies with insane machines which basically are giant DVD burners.
The 'month' between Goldmaster is an average time. The same as the submission process. Depending on money, desperation to get the product out, the publisher / platform holder can speed up the process. In the case of a title like GTA. There will be an insane QA process going on and Sony and Microsoft will very interested to get the product out.

Last edited:
Is it real? Has anyone else tried downloading it? I'm skeptical. All we have is a blurry cell phone pic. Could easily be looking at a photoshop on a computer screen.

Is it real? Has anyone else tried downloading it? I'm skeptical. All we have is a blurry cell phone pic. Could easily be looking at a photoshop on a computer screen.

Even if it is like the article says, you still won't be able to play it until release day

Those screens look amazing. Man the 17th needs to hurry up and get here. Anybody think CJ might make an appearance in the game?

Saints Row IV is pretty terrible. I mean, it has it's funny moments, but overall, the whole premise is wack. I had such high hopes after 2 & 3.

Just a heads up

Those screens look amazing. Man the 17th needs to hurry up and get here. Anybody think CJ might make an appearance in the game?

HAS to

This isn't happening.
r* confirmed it.
They said something like "don't expect to see gta characters from the non-hd era."

:smh: wonder if they'll at least have the GSF, Ballers, Vagos, and Caesar's gang in it

Edit: If they have the GSF they should at least have somebody there as the OG or at least mention them within the story talkin bout how the Johnson brothers held the Grove down then moved out to San Fierro or something (since we dont get to visit that this time around) I could only imagine if they did add San Fierro and Las Venturas to this map, would be crazy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom