Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Wouldn't you think R* would've thrown in a Hispanic character in place of Michael or Trevor. I'm not tripping as long as they got a black dude.
why does their race matter?
Their ethnicities are probably all diff.
True. Just saying cuz it's in a fictional Los Angeles and since the criminal underworld is glorified why skip out on the Latino scene. It would've been fun to have a cholo story.
Oh I see.

Like an ethnically diverse group of criminals, like the fast and the furious.
Wait..

Why am I just realizing that Vice City/San Andreas were in the PSN store? 
sick.gif

Im out
You can even play them on your phone for like $7 on the app store.

If someone from the future told me that I would be able to play those games on a tiny *** phone, I'd be like "Yeah...right."
Is the PS3 in the bundle the super slim version?

Any negative things about it? The top loader easy to break or dusk enters more easily? Anything like that?
The super slim is pretty solid from the reviews I read.

It's a must cop, if you're deciding on buying a new ps3.

Since super slim have the best deals.

It's louder than the slim b/c of the top loader. Turning up your tv would solve that problem, so you don't hear the disc spinning.

The top loader is good enough.

I watched some dude slide it back and forth like 15 times or more.

He hit it with a hammer several times and dropped it several times.

The ps3 still worked.

Also, you need to not touch the laser reader that's inside the top loader. Like in the ps1 slim.

Supposedly you can damage it if you rub it really hard, which will make the ps3 not able to read your discs.

I do not own a ps3 anymore. This is just from reading up on it.
Speaking of soundtracks, am I the only one hyped to dl the entire gtav radio soundtrack? 
Are they releasing it or what?

Last edited:
Halo 3 is a good game. We all have our own choice of our favourite game(s) this generation. I could never narrow it down to one.

Probably BioShock or Fallout 3 for me. Infinite came close though.

With that username and avatar, what about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots? That game was incredible. That's one of many for me for this generation. I could make a ridiculous list of games I feel. All AAA titles.

Last edited:
With that username and avatar, what about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots? That game was incredible. That's one of many for me for this generation. I could make a ridiculous list of games I feel. All AAA titles.
Ehhh..

Too many retcons for me personally. MGS3=MGS2>MGS1>>MGS4.

Still like to play it though. BioShock was incredible. When I got to a certain point I was shocked. I literally didn't focus the rest of the day, just being so shocked at what had happened.

The super slim is pretty solid from the reviews I read.

It's a must cop, if you're deciding on buying a new ps3.

Since super slim have the best deals.

It's louder than the slim b/c of the top loader. Turning up your tv would solve that problem, so you don't hear the disc spinning.

The top loader is good enough.

I watched some dude slide it back and forth like 15 times or more.

He hit it with a hammer several times and dropped it several times.

The ps3 still worked.

Also, you need to not touch the laser reader that's inside the top loader. Like in the ps1 slim.

Supposedly you can damage it if you rub it really hard, which will make the ps3 not able to read your discs.

I do not own a ps3 anymore. This is just from reading up on it.
Thanks for the good info.

Last edited:
Putting In Work and to other NT'ers on here if you guys are that worried about the driving mechanics & physics in GTA V aren't to your liking and if that's a deal breaker for you.

Then hold off buying the game and rent it from redbox for a couple days.
I would do that, but a game this popular with this much hype might take a while before it becomes available to rent.

My girl had bought me GTA 4 when she got me the 360 and I thought I was going to be engulfed by it like I was with San Andreas until Sony hit me with the "disc read error" but I didn't like it one bit and wasn't expecting the realism with GTA 4. I was expecting San Andreas play style with next gen graphics, but when I was started driving around exploring the cars felt like driving boats from previous GTA games.

Point blank I didn't buy GTA hoping for realism the game is cartoony to me and I was expecting to do what I always do and is just drive around doing stupid **** that interests me and that would make me the antichrist had I do this type of stuff in the real world... if I wanted that realism crap I would go by sim game like gran turismo or whatever it is for Xbox.

She had also got me Halo 3 I believe and since I couldn't stand GTA 4 I popped in Halo 3 and I had an addiction to that game that was only rivaled to Goldeneye on N64 and even then I put a fraction of the time in Goldeneye than I did in Halo 3 so I never really was interested in GTA 4 after I was hooked on Halo 3.

I was planning to preorder GTA 5 and if I didn't like it try to sell it back and hopefully make back some money, but I also tried that with GTA 4 and I could have barely got $20 for it. You also have to remember most likely everyone will have GTA 5 so trying to sell it on the used market will be hard.

That's why I'm hoping that someone on here, hopefully Antidope or PVLN, who isn't a biased derelict will give an unbiased view on the driving if they get the game early.

I'm just so tired and fed up with COD and want to play something else, but I want GTA 5 to be like the past GTA's where it's easy to just pick up and play and I don't have to go out and take driving lessons or rent need for speed to learn how to get the driving mechanics down pat.

This will also be the first time besides GTA 4 that I will play a GTA game with an Xbox controller because I had PS2 and played all the previous one with the PS controller. I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS games though. Like I said I will go back and give GTA4 another try since my skills are being called into question.

I'm not young with a lot of time on my hands throughout the day where I can delve deep into videogames I just want something that is easy to pick up and play and COD is that but I've grown tired of it at this point and will be skipping it this year... maybe.
You should be able to rent it or borrow it from someone.

HELL I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE PLAY THIS GAME FIRST HAND AT ALMOST ANY GAME STORE.

So the people who have given you their opinion of the driving that aren't antidope pvln are biased?

If so, to what exactly?

GTAV WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE A PICK UP AND PLAY GAME.

Just look at the amount of stuff you can do.

I have literally no interest in under water diving or collecting treasure.

Yet, I know the game will force me to learn how to do that stuff.

You shouldn't skip IW's COD.

IW's CODs are the best cods. Treyrach's cods are lame in comparison.

Still like to play it though. BioShock was incredible. When I got to a certain point I was shocked. I literally didn't focus the rest of the day, just being so shocked at what had happened.
The part where that man in the wooden mask creeps up behind you had me shook.

Ehhh..

Too many retcons for me personally. MGS3=MGS2>MGS1>>MGS4.

Wow. I have the opposite opinion except for 4. 4 is still a classic though.

MGS1 was one of the defining games of my childhood. Me and my cousins played the demo for that with the Japanese VO over-and-over before the game came out. The game still impresses me. We almost lost it when Psycho Mantis was reading off our game saves and when we learned you had to change the controller to port 2 to stop him from controlling Snake. :wow:

MGS2 will always have a little bit of a bad feeling with the bait-and-switch. Raiden got cooler in MGS4 when he became a cyborg, but in MGS2, he was kind of whiney and not playing as Snake rustled so many jimmies. The game was still good though.

Last edited:
Wow. I have the opposite opinion except for 4. 4 is still a classic though.

MGS1 was one of the defining games of my childhood. Me and my cousins played the demo for that with the Japanese VO over-and-over before the game came out. The game still impresses me. We almost lost it when Psycho Mantis was reading off our game saves and when we learned you had to change the controller to port 2 to stop him from controlling Snake.
eek.gif

MGS2 will always have a little bit of a bad feeling with the bait-and-switch. Raiden got cooler in MGS4 when he became a cyborg, but in MGS2, he was kind of whiney and not playing as Snake rustled so many jimmies. The game was still good though.
Raiden served a purpose, so I didn't feel too bad about the switch. Also Solidus>>>> any main boss character in MGS.

Putting In Work and to other NT'ers on here if you guys are that worried about the driving mechanics

I would do that, but a game this popular with this much hype might take a while before it becomes available to rent.

My girl had bought me GTA 4 when she got me the 360 and I thought I was going to be engulfed by it like I was with San Andreas until Sony hit me with the "disc read error" but I didn't like it one bit and wasn't expecting the realism with GTA 4. I was expecting San Andreas play style with next gen graphics, but when I was started driving around exploring the cars felt like driving boats from previous GTA games.

Point blank I didn't buy GTA hoping for realism the game is cartoony to me and I was expecting to do what I always do and is just drive around doing stupid **** that interests me and that would make me the antichrist had I do this type of stuff in the real world... if I wanted that realism crap I would go by sim game like gran turismo or whatever it is for Xbox.

She had also got me Halo 3 I believe and since I couldn't stand GTA 4 I popped in Halo 3 and I had an addiction to that game that was only rivaled to Goldeneye on N64 and even then I put a fraction of the time in Goldeneye than I did in Halo 3 so I never really was interested in GTA 4 after I was hooked on Halo 3.

I was planning to preorder GTA 5 and if I didn't like it try to sell it back and hopefully make back some money, but I also tried that with GTA 4 and I could have barely got $20 for it. You also have to remember most likely everyone will have GTA 5 so trying to sell it on the used market will be hard.

That's why I'm hoping that someone on here, hopefully Antidope or PVLN, who isn't a biased derelict will give an unbiased view on the driving if they get the game early.

I'm just so tired and fed up with COD and want to play something else, but I want GTA 5 to be like the past GTA's where it's easy to just pick up and play and I don't have to go out and take driving lessons or rent need for speed to learn how to get the driving mechanics down pat.

This will also be the first time besides GTA 4 that I will play a GTA game with an Xbox controller because I had PS2 and played all the previous one with the PS controller. I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS games though. Like I said I will go back and give GTA4 another try since my skills are being called into question.

I'm not young with a lot of time on my hands throughout the day where I can delve deep into videogames I just want something that is easy to pick up and play and COD is that but I've grown tired of it at this point and will be skipping it this year... maybe.
You should be able to rent it or borrow it from someone.
HELL I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE PLAY THIS GAME FIRST HAND AT ALMOST ANY GAME STORE.
So the people who have given you their opinion of the driving that aren't antidope pvln are biased?
If so, to what exactly?
GTAV WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE A PICK UP AND PLAY GAME.
Just look at the amount of stuff you can do.
I have literally no interest in under water diving or collecting treasure.
Yet, I know the game will force me to learn how to do that stuff.

You shouldn't skip IW's COD.
IW's CODs are the best cods. Treyrach's cods are lame in comparison.

I mean those two kind of saw what I was saying, but if others give an early review I would go with that.

iYen weren't you the one on here who had MW3 first and you burned games on on 360 you use to play pirated games and the other 360 you left stock to play online?

When MW3 came out you were saying you didn't want to play it online because they would permaban you or something of the sort.

So you should be getting this game early no? Maybe you can give an early review.

Pertaining to COD I don't know yet, but it definitly isn't going to be a $60 purchase. I'll do like I did with Blops2 and wait a few days and usually theres this dude that bumps all the new games for $30 because I think he works at best buy and does some scheme.

At the end of the day it's the same **** with little things that make me rage hard with COD :smh:

I mean those two kind of saw what I was saying, but if others give an early review I would go with that.

iYen weren't you the one on here who had MW3 first and you burned games on on 360 you use to play pirated games and the other 360 you left stock to play online?

When MW3 came out you were saying you didn't want to play it online because they would permaban you or something of the sort.

So you should be getting this game early no? Maybe you can give an early review.

Pertaining to COD I don't know yet, but it definitly isn't going to be a $60 purchase. I'll do like I did with Blops2 and wait a few days and usually theres this dude that bumps all the new games for $30 because I think he works at best buy and does some scheme.

At the end of the day it's the same **** with little things that make me rage hard with COD
mean.gif
Um...what? I've never done that nor do I even know how to do that. You're thinking of servedchilled, he's probably who you're referring to.

I remember asking him what the point of that was, if he's still copping a legit copy.

I didn't even own a 360 when mw3 came out.

I had a 3 year hiatus from gaming b/c I was tired of how lame it was at that time.

Just wait till black friday to cop new games.

That's gonna be part of the fun I think.
laugh.gif
Of course. I'm definitely playing this game online with friends, NT and others. I was just thinking of all the little hilarious passive aggressive **** that's gonna down constantly over people trying to get power. I would be cool with having a leader(s) along with other members. Having 4 different classes of members ranging from the most useless to the most powerful just seems like Over Kill to me. Who would really want to be "the muscle". We don't know everything yet so maybe there will be a point to this in the long run like leader boards or something.

Game still looks extraordinary tho. I can't get over that there's 250 + hours of music/ads/talk shows. Every piece of information they release seems so ambitious.

I still don't see why everyone is shocked that in regards to a game that largely revolves around driving cars that people are concerned with driving mechanics.

You and me both...

I just let it be let them crack their jokes.

At the end of the day it's you spending your money so whatever concerns you have is warranted no matter if others see it as nonsense.

But... my man on the Halo 3 cosign...

It's like everyone forgot that the driving physics have always been the number 1 complaint about that game...like the thousands of internet discussions about the poor driving physics just appeared for no reason.

"Too many chiefs, not enough indians"
When I get the GTA V bundle, my PSN name is gonna be Williamthe13th (if it's not taken). If you want a loyal lieutenant or muscle, hit me up.  I'm not in it to get rich, I'm in it to get bodies.  I'll gladly be someone's Joe Pesci.  Goon for hire.

cans i be part of the NT ps3 crew, i made a new psn name just having some trouble linking to the social club account but will do asap, Will08272 is my psn.

"Too many chiefs, not enough indians"
When I get the GTA V bundle, my PSN name is gonna be Williamthe13th (if it's not taken). If you want a loyal lieutenant or muscle, hit me up.  I'm not in it to get rich, I'm in it to get bodies.  I'll gladly be someone's Joe Pesci.  Goon for hire.
You can make a psn right now.

I have a psn, yet I have no ps3.
Are you guys gonna get real life mad if I betray you in the game?
I wouldn't even be mad.
jesse w the gas can to ur crib
laugh.gif
http://niketalk.com/forum/newestpost/340292

As am I. The driving controls in GTA 4 were not kind to my patience. 

Picked up a 60gb PS3 off of Craigslist for $110. I am now ready for GTA V   
nthat.gif

You could have gotten a PS3 Slim 160GB for around that price.

I seriously this late in this current console gen would not have taken a risk on a OG PS3 60GB launch model.They are literally ticking time bombs and have a high chance of getting Yellow Light Of Death.I hope that does not happen to you.

Even with the full backward compatibility I always thought that was a overrated feature.When I had my OG 60GB PS3 I hardly used the backwards compatibility because first off I didn't have that many old PS2 games and honestly the games looked pretty damn bad on it.Then Sony started doing the PS3 HD remastered collection games and then even started putting out the PS2 collection on the PSN Store.GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas all can be copped pretty cheap off there.
indifferent.gif
 @ me for not doing the proper research. it was a spur of the moment decision. I hope to all that is holy it doesnt break down on me. Seems to work fine though. I didnt even know it had backwards compatibility 

Back
Top Bottom