Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Also if I recall correctly, the media started the King James and Chosen One labels. Not LeBron. The NBA knew he was going to be great, the next great thing. So the media jumped on board.

Brett favre

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Why argue with a Lakers fan? This is the same fanbase that calls LBJ an "egomaniac" yet supports a dude that helped to play an important role in the Shaq trade, whined to management until Gasol got traded to LA, and hell even changed his number to a nice convienent number that on one ahead of MJ's
laugh.gif
Durden should sit his %#* down.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Why argue with a Lakers fan? This is the same fanbase that calls LBJ an "egomaniac" yet supports a dude that helped to play an important role in the Shaq trade, whined to management until Gasol got traded to LA, and hell even changed his number to a nice convienent number that on one ahead of MJ's
laugh.gif
Durden should sit his %#* down.

Also if I recall correctly, the media started the King James and Chosen One labels. Not LeBron. The NBA knew he was going to be great, the next great thing. So the media jumped on board.

Brett favre

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by DubA169

did MJ join magic johnson to beat detroit?
they have the 2 best players in the league on the team and the refs to back them up. @%$*%%! disgusting that people are going to be comparing lebron beating the celtics to MJ beating Detroit for the rest of history
damn you mad.
infuriated

Although MJ never bolted the Chi to join another elite player on a squad.... He, Pippen, Grant> better than ANY complimentary players Lebron had in Cleveland...lol

Do you all realize that until these playoffs Lebron has had ONE  player on his squad score at least 30 points along with him???? *boobie in the 2007 ECF*

He was not going to win a chip in Cleveland

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

did MJ join magic johnson to beat detroit?
they have the 2 best players in the league on the team and the refs to back them up. @%$*%%! disgusting that people are going to be comparing lebron beating the celtics to MJ beating Detroit for the rest of history
damn you mad.
infuriated

Although MJ never bolted the Chi to join another elite player on a squad.... He, Pippen, Grant> better than ANY complimentary players Lebron had in Cleveland...lol

Do you all realize that until these playoffs Lebron has had ONE  player on his squad score at least 30 points along with him???? *boobie in the 2007 ECF*

He was not going to win a chip in Cleveland

Originally Posted by dreClark

Isn't the spirit of competition the reason they came together? Or is it because they just wanted to Party?

he went to miami because he was scared of losing. not because he was all about winning.
that's how i will always perceive it. 

Isn't the spirit of competition the reason they came together? Or is it because they just wanted to Party?

he went to miami because he was scared of losing. not because he was all about winning.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Not a heat fan or laker fan.............. but after reading all the hate for the heat in this thread, makes me want them to win it all................... everyone talks about lebron leaving to join the heat to bad he didn't get drafted to a team that had a young shack, or played on a team with karl malone,shack,payton, or even trade nothing and for gasol

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the mans name is Shaq.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Not a heat fan or laker fan.............. but after reading all the hate for the heat in this thread, makes me want them to win it all................... everyone talks about lebron leaving to join the heat to bad he didn't get drafted to a team that had a young shack, or played on a team with karl malone,shack,payton, or even trade nothing and for gasol

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the mans name is Shaq.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

What new Heat fans?

Just because myself and few others don't despise the Heat like 80% of S&T doesn't make us Heat fans.
laugh.gif

The regulars like h3at, mrcool, bdis, Triz, Rolaholic (
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
), miamib etc. hardly posted in this thread at all.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.
but boston was built on trades and free agents? nobody hates them.

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

What new Heat fans?

Just because myself and few others don't despise the Heat like 80% of S&T doesn't make us Heat fans.
laugh.gif

The regulars like h3at, mrcool, bdis, Triz, Rolaholic (
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
), miamib etc. hardly posted in this thread at all.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.
but boston was built on trades and free agents? nobody hates them.

Originally Posted by got shoes

This is how the Heat threads will be for the future? Not a good look
I left my pc and the thread on page 126. Returned and skipped to the last page where I saw all sorts of silly, salty remarks.

Me:

simpsons-leaving-room.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

This is how the Heat threads will be for the future? Not a good look
I left my pc and the thread on page 126. Returned and skipped to the last page where I saw all sorts of silly, salty remarks.

Me:

simpsons-leaving-room.gif

Let's be real lebron had the cavs by the balls year after year forcing them to forget about ever building anything thru the draft it was always win now. Now try to compare that to MJ........

Let's be real lebron had the cavs by the balls year after year forcing them to forget about ever building anything thru the draft it was always win now. Now try to compare that to MJ........

Why is scared your word of choice?

Maybe he hates losing more than he likes winning. Many great warriors have used this phrase/logic before. Coaches preach this to their players. So you presenting that logic as if it someone disqualifies his choice from being a "legit" decision really doesn't work here.

Whether he went to Miami because he was SCARED of losing or because he doesn't LIKE to lose all means the same. How are we faulting a man for not wanting to lose over and over and over?

Think about it for a second.

Why is scared your word of choice?

Maybe he hates losing more than he likes winning. Many great warriors have used this phrase/logic before. Coaches preach this to their players. So you presenting that logic as if it someone disqualifies his choice from being a "legit" decision really doesn't work here.

Whether he went to Miami because he was SCARED of losing or because he doesn't LIKE to lose all means the same. How are we faulting a man for not wanting to lose over and over and over?

Think about it for a second.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif
Grow some balls and be a man ? wth you're talking about dude ?
laugh.gif
Since when is rooting consist of cajones and being man etc? Dude you're talking out of your butt
laugh.gif
. You either fan of a team or you're not.  I grew up in Southern Cal and been watching the Lakers since 96. You're telling me i should become a Clippers fans because Lakers been so successful in the past decade ? Were you a Heat fan before Lebron decision ? I never see you in the Heat thread btw. These new Heat fans are amazing
laugh.gif

Funny to hear Celtics fans complain about refs given the treatment they've gotten over the past few years....

The heat deserved to win, but I can understand people still diminishing what may be accomplished even if the LeBron finally wins. The Heat is Wade's team. LeBron is pippen, not jordan. Someone used the Jordan/Magic analogy, imagine if Jordan went to the Lakers, and convinced David Robinson to go with them too (not saying Bosh is anywhere near as good as David Robinson on his worst day, but just making a point). That's great if you win, but it's Magic's team, and why did he need to colllude w 2 other all stars? If that happened, would you still put Jordan on that top 50 greatest players list? Would he even be in the conversation of NBA greats?....maybe not. Lebron threw away his chance at being someone special because he didn't want a challenge. And that's why people don't respect him or the achievements that he gets when Wade's team wins.

And I used to be a big Lebron, fan, have 1-2 pairs of all his sneakers and wanted him to do well on the Cavs, but as a person I don't see how riding coattails is ever something to be admired. He might win a championship, and if that was his goal for himself in life, great he should enjoy it. But don't put him in a conversation of great NBA players.

Funny to hear Celtics fans complain about refs given the treatment they've gotten over the past few years....

The heat deserved to win, but I can understand people still diminishing what may be accomplished even if the LeBron finally wins. The Heat is Wade's team. LeBron is pippen, not jordan. Someone used the Jordan/Magic analogy, imagine if Jordan went to the Lakers, and convinced David Robinson to go with them too (not saying Bosh is anywhere near as good as David Robinson on his worst day, but just making a point). That's great if you win, but it's Magic's team, and why did he need to colllude w 2 other all stars? If that happened, would you still put Jordan on that top 50 greatest players list? Would he even be in the conversation of NBA greats?....maybe not. Lebron threw away his chance at being someone special because he didn't want a challenge. And that's why people don't respect him or the achievements that he gets when Wade's team wins.

And I used to be a big Lebron, fan, have 1-2 pairs of all his sneakers and wanted him to do well on the Cavs, but as a person I don't see how riding coattails is ever something to be admired. He might win a championship, and if that was his goal for himself in life, great he should enjoy it. But don't put him in a conversation of great NBA players.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif
Grow some balls and be a man ? wth you're talking about dude ?
laugh.gif
Since when is rooting consist of cajones and being man etc? Dude you're talking out of your butt
laugh.gif
. You either fan of a team or you're not.  I grew up in Southern Cal and been watching the Lakers since 96. You're telling me i should become a Clippers fans because Lakers been so successful in the past decade ? Were you a Heat fan before Lebron decision ? I never see you in the Heat thread btw. These new Heat fans are amazing
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom