Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

"What about the superstars criticisms?"

What about them? You mean the same ones that have been answered by rational fans since the start of the whole thing? Hmm, I'm a free agent in the prime of my career, want to win a title, and can either a) play with other great players with Wade and Bosh or b) stay in Cleveland where I can play with Houdini. Hmm...

Originally Posted by DubA169

DC it's just my opinion. he was sick of everyone in the media saying he doesn't have a ring. went to the place with the easiest path to get one. just my opinion. i don't know what's in his head or heart

he wouldn't be ridiculed if he want to chicago or new york, but it wouldn't have been instant gratification. probably would have taken a year or two on either squad

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? You understand my appraoch? I know it is your opinion. You don't have to mention that. We are all sharing our opinions in here DubA.

But my question is, what is wrong (logically, philosophically, and competitively) with him being tired of people calling him a loser? What is wrong with him using that as motivation to want to win?

Why shouldn't he go to the place that is the easiest path if he really wants to win? I am not understanding your angle.

If I want a sandwich and there is a Subway next door to me, and 10 mins from me, why wouldn't I just take 30 steps to the SUbway next to my house? That is like you telling me, "Well you aren't REALLY hungry because you didn't travel further to get food." How does that make sense? Why take the most difficult path? Because it looks more noble? Maybe in a fairy tale. But not taking the easiet path also means that the probability of winning lessens.

He wants to win point blank. That is why he went to a situation that would allow him to do it. I mean that is the point of competition right? I thought it was maybe I am mistaken.

DC it's just my opinion. he was sick of everyone in the media saying he doesn't have a ring. went to the place with the easiest path to get one. just my opinion. i don't know what's in his head or heart

he wouldn't be ridiculed if he want to chicago or new york, but it wouldn't have been instant gratification. probably would have taken a year or two on either squad

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? You understand my appraoch? I know it is your opinion. You don't have to mention that. We are all sharing our opinions in here DubA.

But my question is, what is wrong (logically, philosophically, and competitively) with him being tired of people calling him a loser? What is wrong with him using that as motivation to want to win?

Why shouldn't he go to the place that is the easiest path if he really wants to win? I am not understanding your angle.

If I want a sandwich and there is a Subway next door to me, and 10 mins from me, why wouldn't I just take 30 steps to the SUbway next to my house? That is like you telling me, "Well you aren't REALLY hungry because you didn't travel further to get food." How does that make sense? Why take the most difficult path? Because it looks more noble? Maybe in a fairy tale. But not taking the easiet path also means that the probability of winning lessens.

He wants to win point blank. That is why he went to a situation that would allow him to do it. I mean that is the point of competition right? I thought it was maybe I am mistaken.

Drose doesn't become MVP Drose if bron is on chicago. bron probably has his 3rd mvp. Rose would be looked at like westbrook

him going to where MJ won 6 would have taken serious balls. i don't know why you think he would be hated for that.

Drose doesn't become MVP Drose if bron is on chicago. bron probably has his 3rd mvp. Rose would be looked at like westbrook

him going to where MJ won 6 would have taken serious balls. i don't know why you think he would be hated for that.

Where did all these heat fans come from?
laugh.gif

"I know you were just trying to make a point that he might not be so hated on if he went to a less elite team, but I just have to say that he would have been just as gated on if he went to Chicago, maybe more. First off, he'd be teaming up with DRose, another superstar so there's that."

Rose just started to play like a superstar THIS season.

"I know you were just trying to make a point that he might not be so hated on if he went to a less elite team, but I just have to say that he would have been just as gated on if he went to Chicago, maybe more. First off, he'd be teaming up with DRose, another superstar so there's that."

Rose just started to play like a superstar THIS season.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Why argue with a Lakers fan? This is the same fanbase that calls LBJ an "egomaniac" yet supports a dude that helped to play an important role in the Shaq trade, whined to management until Gasol got traded to LA, and hell even changed his number to a nice convienent number that on one ahead of MJ's
laugh.gif
Durden should sit his %#* down.
Where did you get the impression that I am a Lakers fan because youre 100% wrong.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.
I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Why argue with a Lakers fan? This is the same fanbase that calls LBJ an "egomaniac" yet supports a dude that helped to play an important role in the Shaq trade, whined to management until Gasol got traded to LA, and hell even changed his number to a nice convienent number that on one ahead of MJ's
laugh.gif
Durden should sit his %#* down.
Where did you get the impression that I am a Lakers fan because youre 100% wrong.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He proclaimed himself the Chosen one?
lebron-james.0202.jpg

The kid has been proclaimed great since he was 16, I think his ego is actually pretty damn impressive consdering the world was slobbering him since he was in high school.  And #%*% outta here, every pro athlete has a huge ego.  No one ever talked about the ego until the decision, everyone liked the guy and he !@%+# up once and now everyone pretends that he is something that he wasn't.

Also love how no one has mentioned that the first thing he does when they interview him pregame is give head to the Celtics and talk about how great they are.  Yea, cause that is what people with huge ego's do
eyes.gif

yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

lebron-james.0202.jpg

The kid has been proclaimed great since he was 16, I think his ego is actually pretty damn impressive consdering the world was slobbering him since he was in high school.  And #%*% outta here, every pro athlete has a huge ego.  No one ever talked about the ego until the decision, everyone liked the guy and he !@%+# up once and now everyone pretends that he is something that he wasn't.

Also love how no one has mentioned that the first thing he does when they interview him pregame is give head to the Celtics and talk about how great they are.  Yea, cause that is what people with huge ego's do
eyes.gif

yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg

eyes.gif

He has it tattood on his back.  If he didnt agree with the medias title, he wouldnt have gotten it in ink.

Every pro athlete does NOT have the ego Lebron does.  Does every pro athlete have an entourage that needs to be catered to?

So someone with a huge ego isnt allowed to talk about the talents of another team?  HUH?

eyes.gif

He has it tattood on his back.  If he didnt agree with the medias title, he wouldnt have gotten it in ink.

Every pro athlete does NOT have the ego Lebron does.  Does every pro athlete have an entourage that needs to be catered to?

So someone with a huge ego isnt allowed to talk about the talents of another team?  HUH?

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? 
it's very simple. legacy
he had a legitimate shot at being known as the best ever.

So you don't know what is in his head/heart because he went to a team that he felt gave him the best chance of winning instantly? Logically, why should he want to go somewhere that will take him 2 years if he can go somewhere that he knows he has a chance to win instantly? 
it's very simple. legacy
he had a legitimate shot at being known as the best ever.

Your always on point my man...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Your always on point my man...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom