OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

and we've got another close one down in FL now
pimp.gif

nobody really cared about this series besides their respective fan bases for the most part

hopefully this changes things

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

and we've got another close one down in FL now
pimp.gif

nobody really cared about this series besides their respective fan bases for the most part

hopefully this changes things
word. im actually rooting for florida so that if we beat the caps, we get them instead of philly (assuming the rangers handle their %#*% obviously)

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The Pens are who we thought they were
So are we
tired.gif
If you mean old, then yes.

The Wings are still a good team, but it's pretty obvious the season took a toll on them. They have flashes of brilliance (Zetterberg and Dats especially make the game look so, so easy at times), but for the other 40 or 50 minutes, Nashville's wingers are leaking, players are puck watching in front of the net, or are generally slow on the rush. Altogether, it screams fatigue (in my opinion).
Don't know if you watch the Wings consistently, but you're wrong in your assessment. Detroit isn't old, they lack heart and that's what it boils down to. It didn't help that the injury bug hit them hard towards the very end of the season. Losing Helm was a major blow because he added a much needed scoring balance for the bottom lines and as you and I know that's crucial in the playoffs. This off season is going to be a much needed shake up in Hockeytown.

Originally Posted by True Blues

So are we
tired.gif
If you mean old, then yes.

The Wings are still a good team, but it's pretty obvious the season took a toll on them. They have flashes of brilliance (Zetterberg and Dats especially make the game look so, so easy at times), but for the other 40 or 50 minutes, Nashville's wingers are leaking, players are puck watching in front of the net, or are generally slow on the rush. Altogether, it screams fatigue (in my opinion).
Don't know if you watch the Wings consistently, but you're wrong in your assessment. Detroit isn't old, they lack heart and that's what it boils down to. It didn't help that the injury bug hit them hard towards the very end of the season. Losing Helm was a major blow because he added a much needed scoring balance for the bottom lines and as you and I know that's crucial in the playoffs. This off season is going to be a much needed shake up in Hockeytown.
One of my closest friends is a Wings fan so I've been forced to watch a fair share of Wings games for the last 5-6 years. He has the same critique of Filppula, Hudler, Kindl, and at times, Zetts (Lilja and Leino also drew his ire in years past). But my counter would be that Bert, Holmstrom, Mule, Cleary and Kronwall are among the hardest working players in the league.

I don't think the Brown hit was intentional to cause damage, just poorly timed. It'd be a shame if Henrik Sedin couldn't return. Shirt in the LA crowd: Sedin Twins - 2 Girls, No Cup.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Kesler just dove worse than Ashley Young, pathetic. Nucks are gunning for Brown at every opportunity.

of course as they should 

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

rofl the Canucks choke harder than the Sharks.
lets not jump to conclusions.  Daniel Sedin still isn't in the active lineup.

However, where was this Dustin Brown in the regular season.  The Dustin Brown i knew was one that worked hard but would consistently place shots on goalie's crest

Absolutely furious at the suspensions they decided to give out to Hagelin and Carkner
30t6p3b.gif

Welp. Four in a row here boys. 
laugh.gif

Everyone thought goaltending was the weakness going in. Poor defensive choices and a lack of toughness has been what's killed us.

They don't deserve to win after last year's riots.  

Your logic is flawless. 
roll.gif
How is that the Vancouver Canuck's fault? 

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Absolutely furious at the suspensions they decided to give out to Hagelin and Carkner
30t6p3b.gif

You should be. For Hagelin to get the worst punishment out of his elbow, Carkner and even what Weber did to Zetterberg is stupid.

I hope Hags learns his lesson though.

instead of trying to make a hit, he should either smash the opposing players face into the glass or beat him while hes down on the floor, defenseless.

Back
Top Bottom