OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Caps
pimp.gif

Still miss the old Offensive Style the Caps had a couple years ago with Bruce Boudreau.... This Caps Bruins series was insane with all games decided by just one goal...

What a series. EVERY game decided by one goal????
eek.gif

Funny thing is, in each game I couldn't tell you with a straight face that the Caps were the better team. Funny how sports work out at times. Much respect to the Bruins. They played every bit as hard and helped make this one of the best opening round series that I've ever seen in the playoffs. It was amazing goaltending, GREAT defense, and heavy hitting. The player I was most impressed with was Dennis Seidenberg. He's overshadowed (literally) by Chara, but if he's not the most underrated defenseman in the NHL, then I don't know who is. He's a warrior.

Enough w. my rambling....to the Bs fans on here, you guys are nothing but class as well.

#feelsgoodman

ugh...congrats DJs and to the caps. you guys upped your game and we didn't. you out hustled and out grind-ed us for much of the series. and then there's holtby. congrats. good luck.

bruins lack of a PP buried us this year. last year it sucked just as bad, but didn't end up hurting us. this year it killed us. unbelievable if ward (bruins asst coach) still has a job on this coaching staff come next year. milan lucic and patrice bergeron were absolute ghosts. people give bergeron a pass because of the two way play, but if you're top 3 on the team in scoring, you need to score. the top 6 outside of peverly really with no production. lastly, tim thomas. didn't play terrible by any stretch, but he gave a game away. bottom line is, we didn't earn it. the caps i wouldn't even say flat out dominated us, they almost just hung around and pounced on our miscues.

listening to julien's post game comments...LOVE that he chose not to talk about injuries and take away from the caps did. good move on his part. and i mean he shouldn't...EVERY team is banged up this time of year. the caps have their own set of injuries that they dealt with.

saw this floating around my facebook feed:

389757_10151548629165234_630700233_23783964_500682868_n.jpg

laugh.gif
not gonna blame timmy on the ward goal...but the first goal...i feel like if he didnt try and save a shot going wide of the net, he woulda been in position for any redirect on net. i don't put the blame on him for losing the game or series though...as i said before, we didn't earn it

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Enough w. my rambling....to the Bs fans on here, you guys are nothing but class as well.
i wish some of the other bruins "fans" off the board had some class. the stuff joel ward is dealing with on twitter and message boards is terrible. idiots..ashamed to be part of the fanbase tonight.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

i wish some of the other bruins "fans" off the board had some class. the stuff joel ward is dealing with on twitter and message boards is terrible. idiots..ashamed to be part of the fanbase tonight.
i just googled "joel ward twitter"..damn
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
these people need to get a life

Congrats DJ, I know you're feeling too good right now
laugh.gif
. Damn good series, it was almost inevitable for it to go to OT in game 7. This is why Hockey has the best playoffs out of the 4 Major sports
pimp.gif

In one day: Madrid lost on PKs in the CL semis, Eagles traded Zant for a darn seventh-rounder, and the Bs lost a Game 7 OT. Holtby, really? With the post-season performance of a lifetime. Seguin, please get in the weight room ASAP. 
Pro, I'll most likely be able to get you front row tickets with Ice Lounge access from my boss but I'll warn, close to face value. He can't make some of the regular season games if any NTers are interested in the future 2012-2013 season. 

ugh... i dont want to get into specs. right now, give me a few days. to drubnk right now
frown.gif

the caps more or less wanted it more. the b's played each game like it was a regular season game, IMO. no one REALLY showed up, outside of the usual chara/seids combo, seguin, and ference.

seguin's gametying goal was a man's goal. total battle with Alzner, (i think?) too bad the rest of the team didnt match him.

C/S played like they were supposed to, seguins goal was a man's goal, but it didnt transfer down the lines.

ANDREW FERENCE, you played like a %%+!#%@ man throughout this series. i want you as a permanent A captain.

more tomorrow when i can type without correfcting 800000 times like i just did.

NHL playoffs, man. Nothing like them. 
eek.gif

I'd be lying if I said I didnt take some solace in seeing Boston out, but what a great series. I thought the Bruins would walk all over the Caps.

Extremely disappointing loss for the Bruins. They did not have the heart and desire like they did last year. You could kind of feel that they didn't have the moxie that they had last year. Last year, every game 7 I had a good feeling they were going to win. The Bruins smelled blood last year. This year, they just lacked the confidence and played like they were playing in February and not the November kind of hockey.

The D pairing of Alzner and Carlson is very legit. Trade Green and Wideman if you guys can because those two are the defense tandem. I just can't believe it had to end this way.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

I'm already hearing people saying that they should trade Thomas. I don't think that's a bad idea. Rask is ready to assume full-time duties. What about the coaching staff? Last year, it was Stanley Cup or the whole team was going to be wiped out. Something is going to happen and someone is going to be let go. I just don't know who.

Edit:

Just read the chirpstory and it is disgusting to see that these are Bostonians saying that. Then again, it's kind of typical around here. They will never say to a black person's face but they will just shout out how they feel on the internet. You have to remember that they didn't want black kids and white kids on the same bus! Such a eyesore for my city. But I live and see it every single day.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Congrats DJ, I know you're feeling too good right now
laugh.gif
. Damn good series, it was almost inevitable for it to go to OT in game 7. This is why Hockey has the best playoffs out of the 4 Major sports
pimp.gif
KG's face here:

2hz32g6.jpg

how I'm feeling now
pimp.gif

Oh yeah....I dunno if you guys caught this last night, but this is up there w. Matt Barnes trying to punk Kobe w. the ball
laugh.gif

pev_medium.gif

another angle...but slowed down

pev_medium.gif

SWAG (and I hate that word).  

*Speaking of Ward....washington post thought they were slick by having some mention of Chocolate City after his goal last night
30t6p3b.gif

**edit**

just looked at that chirpstory link
30t6p3b.gif
  Not surprising...however, those DUMMIES who acutally have their pics in their avys and were using that language, I hope that **@+ comes back to bite you in the *%!. 

Seriously, I hope their employer sees that or a school. Absolute morons (and not limited to any fan base). Just accept the loss, it sucks but try to be a little rational (like everyone on here is, it's nice)

That fake swipe at Holtby had me rolling when he just stood like a statue and stared. Handled that better than I would've

Originally Posted by will068

Classic Boston Fans:

http://chirpstory.com/li/6781

A complete 360 turn -- going from a city of NHL Champion city to a disgusting city composed of lowlives and racists.

Not surprised one bit though.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

this is really disgusting that in 2012 people post crap like this on twitter and facebook 

Back
Top Bottom