OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Let me say it again I love NBC for giving the NHL their props again

This is a great game so far

Could be an ECF preview

Last edited:
Perry is an incredible ***** after that hit on Zucker.

I'll agree it was a half a second late, but other than that it was 100% clean. Was initially called 2 min. for interference which was right, but then when Zucker stayed down they changed it to a major. Hope Zucks gonna be okay though. Gotta root for the only Vegas kid to make it to the NHL.

BTW big thanks to Minny's PP for sucking ***.:tongue:

I'll agree it was a half a second late, but other than that it was 100% clean. Was initially called 2 min. for interference which was right, but then when Zucker stayed down they changed it to a major. Hope Zucks gonna be okay though. Gotta root for the only Vegas kid to make it to the NHL.

Not only was it late, It was a blind side.

Whats the difference between the hit on Horton by Rome compared to this? Nothing about that was clean.

Last edited:

Whats the difference between the hit on Horton by Rome compared to this? Nothing about that was clean.

Rome launches upwards into Horton's head. Nothing like the hit on Zucker IMO. Perry keeps his elbows tucked in and Zucker's admiring his pass. Unfortunately, due to Perry being so much bigger his shoulder makes contact with Zucker's head. If Zucker were the same size as Perry everyone would be applauding Perry for a great shoulder to shoulder hit. It's too bad that he got hurt, but that alone doesn't make it a dirty play. You can call it "blindside", but some onus has to be on the attacking player for admiring his pass.

There's no point in anymore arguing over the hit due to the obvious bias involved for both of us, so that's the last that I'll be commenting on it.

BTW here is the hit for anyone that didn't see it.

Last edited:
Can't deny the Pens are legit but so are the Bruins

Pens prob coulda won the cup last year, we were just a tough match up for them

No doubt, Flyers get the Pens so far off their game, it's crazy. Only team I want to avoid come playoff time

:lol: The Horton hit was a blindside now? Oh okay. Coming across the blueline and choosing not to look directly ahead of where you are going is a blindside now.

It was a late, illegal hit, but come on.

Skating through the neutral zone and cycling in a corner are two different things.

Last edited:
In the present NHL context, a late check to the head causing injury merits supplemental discipline. Perry's record (elbow to Giroux's head, resulting in 4 games) almost ensures that he will miss time.

I agree it's quite possible that he'll be suspended due to the growing concern towards head injuries, as well as the complete randomness of Shanahan suspensions. I just didn't feel it was a dirty hit with malicious intent. That elbow on Giroux was a dirty play however.

Last edited:

:lol: The Horton hit was a blindside now? Oh okay. Coming across the blueline and choosing not to look directly ahead of where you are going is a blindside now.

It was a late, illegal hit, but come on.

Skating through the neutral zone and cycling in a corner are two different things.

The man [Zucker] was blindsided and vulnerable. Idc where it happened.. Perry did not let up and neither did rome whenever it happened. Youre completely missing what im getting at, he didnt let up, it was late, and Zucker was vulnerable. Idc where it happened, its not clean.

Youre trying to get into an argument of where a blindside can occur. Its not about that. And depending on the situation and how a play develops , then yes it could be considered a blind side depending on who you talk to. For example, the hit on RJ by Campbell was a hard clean hit at the blue line. I cant say i disagree w/ you on those blueline hits, but he was vulnerable after he [horton] gave the puck up. Thats tough.

If its suspendable, which this should and probably will be, then there is clearly nothing clean about the hit.

Last edited:
Perry BLATANTLY interfered with Zucker there. Not sure why there is such a grey area with the call.

*I don't really consider that a blindside hit . THere has to be some responsibility from Zucker to keep his head on a swivel after getting rid of the puck.

Last edited:
Flyers have a huge game that they need to win tonight we need to start stacking up on these points 

Back
Top Bottom