OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Love to see P.K. Subban balling, you gotta make it undeniable and MAKE them pay next time. :pimp:

How many defenseman are better than him?

Chara, Karlsson, Weber, Letang, Pieterangelo, Keith, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Yandle, Boyle, Shattenkirk, Seidenberg, Kronwall are ahead of him.

Subban is inching towards that top tier, though. He's got a cannon shot, but is still lackadaisical with the puck in his end and gets caught too deep sometimes on offense.

realignment is a go...welcome redwings and jackets to the east.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9052179/nhl-governors-approve-realignment

would love it if they went old school with the division names...none of the regional names :lol:

Last edited:
Chara, Karlsson, Weber, Letang, Pieterangelo, Keith, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Yandle, Boyle, Shattenkirk, Seidenberg, Kronwall are ahead of him.

Subban is inching towards that top tier, though. He's got a cannon shot, but is still lackadaisical with the puck in his end and gets caught too deep sometimes on offense.
Not sure I agree with Shattenkirk & Siedenberg being better players than PK, but to each their own I suppose. I actually haven't watched PK much this year, but I know he's almost at a PPG pace and is a +7? He's definitely shaped up in his own end and is learning to just put the puck high off the glass instead of constantly trying to circle around to attempt to lose the defender that's on him.

entertaining sharks game. niemi huge in the final seconds. good to see the sharks offense do some work

why would they take the Florida teams out of the New york area teams division.

thats automatic butts in the seats.

I go to Ranger/Lightning games down here and its All rangers fans from the transplants.

Am I the only one thinking this was bad planning?

I go to Ranger/Lightning games down here and its All rangers fans from the transplants.

lot of bruins transplants down there as well...but even just geographically, makes no sense. maybe it's to force them, at least the panthers, to relocate :lol:

lot of bruins transplants down there as well...but even just geographically, makes no sense. maybe it's to force them, at least the panthers, to relocate :lol:

They draw more from the Canadian Snowbirds than NY or even BOS, which is at least one of the reasons TB and FLA are in that division. This support is the only way those teams remain even mildly profitable in losing seasons.

And it wouldn't shock me at all if the NHL was hedging relocation, as well.

Last edited:
I'm starting to really like this Penguins team. Instead of blowing leads they are like the comeback kids. Next child will be named after a player if they win it all. Wooooo

They draw more from the Canadian Snowbirds than NY or even BOS, which is at least one of the reasons TB and FLA are in that division. This support is the only way those teams remain even mildly profitable in losing seasons.
And it wouldn't shock me at all if the NHL was hedging relocation, as well.[/.

That thought came to me as well.

I thought they'd have Columbus stay in and maybe Carolina move to C and keep the Florida teams in D like Gunna was saying.

Not sure I agree with Shattenkirk & Siedenberg being better players than PK, but to each their own I suppose. I actually haven't watched PK much this year, but I know he's almost at a PPG pace and is a +7? He's definitely shaped up in his own end and is learning to just put the puck high off the glass instead of constantly trying to circle around to attempt to lose the defender that's on him.

I'd probably put him ahead of Yandle too. He's been eating on the PP along with Markov this year, having him on the other side helps a lot.

I'm hearing serious anger from rangers regarding Torts for the first time I can remember :nerd:

angry texts and questions about how we can still be so inept offensively with so many weapons

There's only so much you can blame the coach when the weapons don't produce. And I feel like firing anyone this shortened year is just a huge overreaction.

Gabs and Richards look like the years caught up with them overnight.

Hmm.. Never thought of this but it makes sense.

Hmm.. Never thought of this but it makes sense.

yeah didn't even consider the fact that canadians made their way down there as well

Back
Top Bottom