OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Damn...so farewell Corey perry for sure? Is the issue with the ducks signing both the cap or ownership not having the money?

There is zero issue with re-signing Perry money wise. I suspect we have offered him the same contract Getzlaf got. Problem is, Perry is rumored to want to go east to be closer to family(grew up in Ontario). If I had to guess, he'll end up in one of Montreal, Ottawa, or Pittsburgh, and the Ducks will look to guys like Iginla and Horton in free agency. I'm just happy we got Getzlaf signed, so we don't end up like a Calgary or Columbus looking for a #1 center for 10-15 years.

Last edited:
There is zero issue with re-signing Perry money wise. I suspect we have offered him the same contract Getzlaf got. Problem is, Perry is rumored to want to go east to be closer to family(grew up in Ontario). If I had to guess, he'll end up in one of Montreal, Ottawa, or Pittsburgh, and the Ducks will look to guys like Iginla and Horton in free agency. I'm just happy we got Getzlaf signed, so we don't end up like a Calgary or Columbus looking for a #1 center for 10-15 years.

Ahh gotcha. I've read the stories/rumors where supposedly they'd have to move one of getzlaf/perry/ryan but wasn't sure of the exact reason. And it always seemed like perry was the odd man out even when they were apparently shopping Ryan. I did just read that perry is "excited" to test free agency so I see your point. Resigning Getz is a good move, can't wait for the next Dustin brown-getzlaf encounter :lol:

Oh God, I can just see Perry land in Pitt :x

If the Kings played Calgary every week, "Goals For" would look good in the box scores. :tongue:

always good to put a beat down on the broad st. broads :pimp:

i kid, i kid...we just obviously match up well against them. surprised there was no scoring outside of that 2 minute stretch.

Crowd at the X last night for the Class AA High school boys championship game :pimp:

Even with Nash's slow start, he has exceeded my expectations. so Skilled.

I see 40+ goals in the next full season.

and his play has solidified my feeling that it would have been fine with me to throw Kreider in that trade for him if needed

Even with Nash's slow start, he has exceeded my expectations. so Skilled.

I see 40+ goals in the next full season.

and his play has solidified my feeling that it would have been fine with me to throw Kreider in that trade for him if needed

Yea but he basically replaced richards. We havent had them both on at tbe same time

The Sharks gave up the game with less than a second left in overtime. I wonder when we start seeing some changes. 

Back
Top Bottom