OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

ducks...nice

CA doing big things in the NHL this year :lol:

Begrudgingly, I have to admit its great for the game. Heaven forbid the Sharks go all the way... but what that might do to solidify a "hockey culture" in California would be great for the NHL. Not to mention it may inspire a great number of American boys and girls to take up such a rewarding sport. Obviously the Duck and Kings have done so and although I cant speak for Californians, Id have to imagine the popularity is growing. And that benefits every team when you have one of the most populous areas in the world.

I cheer for the Canucks to win and all others to fail miserably, but someone has to win. And lets face it; if a Canadian team wins its not like its getting more popular up here. If it takes a team from a market that isnt considered strong winning to bring recognition to the sport, than awesome.

That said, Hockey Gods, see it in your almighty wise beards for my Canucks to get 1 Stanley Cup while I live and breathe. Stomach ulcers and heart problems are no doubt on their way from these playoff runs, so it may need to be sooner than later.

Refs have been consistent. All I can ask for. Bad on both ends.

Great series thus far.

Calls were one-sided last night....Caps played poorly, but there should be a legit gripe with how the game was officiated.

Ovi had one shot on goal and one of the most anemic offenses ive ever seen scored 4 goals

Hard to win like that refs or no refs. But you got legit complaints.

Top line has been non-existent. Gotta give credit when credit is due...Girardi earning his $$

DEREKSTEPAN *Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap*

571152e28ae42b6d593d1ff0f858a7b8d135e96.gif

Great to see the Krejci line finally getting their act together. They were terrible in the regular season especially Milan Lucic.

Come on Bruins! Let's finish them off at the Gahden.

CQuan:

The Hershey Bears ended their season last night. Martin Erat might have done that as well when he slammed his wrist into the net. As a result, the Capitals have recalled youngling Tom Wilson and former NHL player Joey Crabb from the Hershey Bears.

Rest of Article in Link

:pimp:

In his defense, that isnt his man nor zone to cover.

However, its the playoffs... get the hell off the ice if you dont want to move your feet.

they moved the puck perfectly on that rush

That puck was placed just perfectly under Elliott's pads, it made it that more of an amazing play.

A "bad" goal from a goaltenders standpoint.

What a game....

Hoping they close it out Friday.

Ovechkin :smh:

He definitely deserves the ridicule.

Centers like Kopitar don't get enough credit for his unselfishness on offense and his stellar defense.

Last edited:
That .gif is all over the internet right now its great cause thats exactly how it be in nhl13 when your controller gets disconnected 
roll.gif
hands to the side and all

haven't been watching as many games since my Flyers aren't in it but i been noticing alot of games seem to be going in OT and overs in goals as well

dion phaneuf getting KILLED by analysts/media in boston for the decision to wipe out horton rather than try and play the puck on the winning goal from last night. are they killing him up in toronto as well?

dion phaneuf getting KILLED by analysts/media in boston for the decision to wipe out horton rather than try and play the puck on the winning goal from last night. are they killing him up in toronto as well?

He should be. That was an awful read/play.

:lol:

theres video of a fan sitting near her and reimer's wife and mom where the fan yells something after krejci's winner. it's either directed at reimer or phaneuf, but niether girl looks pleased :lol:

the video creator says reimer's girl is staring down cuthbert cause of phaneuf's play...but she later tweets she was staring down the fan on cuthbert's left

Last edited:

:rofl:

Seriously. Besides that rebound PP goal Ovie had in Game 1. Hes been no where to be found. The Rangers are making sure he pays everytime he touches the puck. Or at least they try to. And ever since Tortorella made adjustments on the PK. Hes been negated on the PP. This is not the first time hes been taken away in a game/series either. And i dont want to turn this into a Sid v Ovie thing but this is not the case with Crosby, you can only hold Crosby off for so long til he has an impact on the game. He'll get his pts.

Thats why itll always be Crosby >>> Ovie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom