OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Nah he payed real solid from what I saw (only third period). The type of goalie he is calmed the team, doesn't fly out of position. Just watched Sid's goal....freaking awesome

Unless Detroit does the unthinkable, it would appear the Hawks will face the Sharks in the 2nd round. I don't think there is a team I hate more in the NHL than SJ. They made Vancouver look silly so it should be a great series.

Goodnight, Sweet Princess Wild.

Til next season.

****! ****! ****! Pissed!

It seems that way. :lol:

Anyways,

Time to retire the Wild avys til next season. :\ Or at least for a while.

A lot of ?s to be answered for the Wild. Man do i hope we get rid of Yeo and Sydor.

Who do we keep? who do we let walk? What to do at the goalie poisition? Buyouts? More Depth at Dman and Center.

It'll be interesting. I couldnt have asked more from Coyle, Zucker, and especially Brodin. All are huge bright spots for the Wild. Cant wait to see them play nxt yr.

Parise and Suter. LOVE them. As much as it sucks to be eliminated but we made it back to the playoffs and now we have to take the next step again next yr.

Last edited:
It seems that way. :lol:

Anyways,

Time to retire the Wild avys til next season. :\ Or at least for a while.

A lot of ?s to be answered for the Wild. Man do i hope we get rid of Yeo and Sydor.

Who do we keep? who do we let walk? What to do at the goalie poisition? Buyouts? More Depth at Dman and Center.

It'll be interesting. I couldnt have asked more from Coyle, Zucker, and especially Brodin. All are huge bright spots for the Wild. Cant wait to see them play nxt yr.

Parise and Suter. LOVE them. As much as it sucks to be eliminated but we made it back to the playoffs and now we have to take the next step again next yr.

You guys have a great team out there. I didn't see much Wild games but from what I saw is probably a lack of Defense help. I think you guys need to solidify the second and third pairings by getting at least a top 4 defenseman. Brodin and Suter are fine but there is quite a drop off after that. I've always like Spurgeon's game but he looks like a ******. Don't get me started on Brett Clark and Marco Scandella.

Probably a top line scorer would be good too.

It would've been a good series if Backstrom didn't get injured. I don't think the goaltending situation was bad. It's just that Harding is a mediocre backup.

It felt that way around 06-09 or so but not anymore. As an outside fan crazy how the Sox went from a feel good story for the country to most everyone disliking them same as the Yanks within like 2 years :lol:

But back to hockey....

You guys have a great team out there. I didn't see much Wild games but from what I saw is probably a lack of Defense help. I think you guys need to solidify the second and third pairings by getting at least a top 4 defenseman. Brodin and Suter are fine but there is quite a drop off after that. I've always like Spurgeon's game but he looks like a ******. Don't get me started on Brett Clark and Marco Scandella.

Probably a top line scorer would be good too.

It would've been a good series if Backstrom didn't get injured. I don't think the goaltending situation was bad. It's just that Harding is a mediocre backup.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Scandella though, has looked MUCH better since being recalled from the AHL. Hes always been kind of wishy-washy but he has looked much better once we recalled him. I would not mind him being paired with Sprug as our 3rd defensive pairing. Itd be a pretty darn good one too.

Tom Gilbert had a fantastic start to the yr. Then he got hurt and never looked the same. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and still believe he can be a top 4 guy. But one more good top 4 dman is needed for sure. Never bad to have depth back there.

Goalie situation. Agree, the series was still well within our reach w/ Harding in net but you're right. I hope we can snag someone like Bernier or something but we'll see.

And Pominville will surely move up to the 1st/2nd line come next season. Our big ? is at the Center position. Cullen is not getting younger and i HOPE we resign him.
Zucker-Cullen-Seto line arguably was our best line. They generated so many chances.

And coaching is a HUGE problem in my eyes and the eyes of many other Wild fans.

Im going off an a tangent here but good looks on the compliment of the Wild :lol: :pimp: Hopefully we continue to improve.

Last edited:
I'd have an extra $200 in my pocket if I went with my gut and bet the Sens and Sharks :lol:

Need the Blues to pull through tonight.

If it isn't Crosby, I hope they give it to Tavares.

I hope MartySTL wins the Ted Lindsay award.

Last edited:
No Toews? Give it to Tavares, **** it.

AO or Tavares...Pitt proved it is more than capable of winning without the Kid, and without other players for that matter.

don't get my point twisted though...i think Crosby is the best player in the league. but just not the MVP. which sounds like it completely contradicts itself, i know :lol:

Last edited:
The only reason I wouldn't want JT to get it is because of how unbearable it would be at work the next day :lol: that's why I'm glad they lost yesterday. Some fans didn't even show up!

AO or Tavares...Pitt proved it is more than capable of winning without the Kid, and without other players for that matter.

don't get my point twisted though...i think Crosby is the best player in the league. but just not the MVP. which sounds like it completely contradicts itself, i know :lol:

I agree.

Pens didn't miss a beat when he was out with the broken jaw.

Ovechkin has my vote because he put the team on his back (doe) and got them to the playoffs.

man my playoff beard is catching a lot of flack from people :lol:

dude at work is like, "here's 5 bucks, go buy a razor."
chick i been seeing, "WTF is that on your face?"
girl at the coffee shop this morning, "getting lazy in the morning, huh?"

:rofl:

NHL Playoffs > *

Last edited:
Yea, part of me is glad this year I get to shave every day :lol: **** was BAD last year. I looked like a drifter.

I agree.

Pens didn't miss a beat when he was out with the broken jaw.

Ovechkin has my vote because he put the team on his back (doe) and got them to the playoffs.

Same argument with Bron going on in the basketball thread. Heat would still roll the east without him, so is he that valuable? I wouldn't be surprised by the winner either way and see both arguments

Back
Top Bottom