OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Dont you feel..... dirty... though?
Nah :lol: I wasn't a GIANT hockey fan to begin with. Been a casual Wild fan at best, basketball will always be my winter sport. Just felt it really could be simplified to this... as unpredictable as the NHL playoffs can be, one would think a team that was so dominant for a giant part of the season should be able to convert when there's actually something on the line.

Still can't believe how close they were to elimination though in Round 2. :wow: Down 3-1 to the Red Wings... in Game 6, down 1-2 going into the third period. Scored three consecutive goals out the gate in the third period and that really turned their season around.

How about in Game 7 of the Red Wings series when their potential game winning goal in regulation got called back because of a penalty near the boards?

And how big was Game 4 in the Finals? Just think if they hadn't came out on top in that 11 goal, overtime game? They go down 3-1 in the series again. :smh:

Just, wow.

Last edited:
:wow: Jesus Christ.

Went to bed and it was 2-1 B's. Right before I closed my eyes, I was surfing the net and saw the Hawks won. Couldn't believe the sequence that I saw on SC this morning. Well deserved by the Blackhawks.

NOTHING better than NHL playoff hockey. Those guys are warriors.

man last night didn't hurt as much as i thought it would...but today ******g BLOWS :lol:

i want to punch everyone that comes to my desk right now being like, "great series, you guys played well, blah blah"...shove it up your ***** :lol:

it's the one thing about not living where your team is from...everyone else is still having a great day while you're stuck acting like a pissed off three year old who didn't get some toy he wanted

Congratulations to the Blackhawks and their fans.

In the games I saw (while on vacation and last night), they were the better team.

Meanwhile, the Bruins, for a a number of reasons, I suspect, won't be back in the SCF for a while... which is what burns most about this one.

Last edited:
the hawks started the season off wit an unbelievable record. The best team won just as in the NBA the best team won. They both deserved it

man last night didn't hurt as much as i thought it would...but today ******g BLOWS :lol:

i want to punch everyone that comes to my desk right now being like, "great series, you guys played well, blah blah"...shove it up your ***** :lol:

it's the one thing about not living where your team is from...everyone else is still having a great day while you're stuck acting like a pissed off three year old who didn't get some toy he wanted

Meanwhile, the Bruins, for a a number of reasons, I suspect, won't be back in the SCF for a while... which is what burns most about this one.

Kinda disagree. Bergeron will get a max extension, Tuuka will be signed, Soderberg and Dougie will have a full training camp, Ference gone, Jagr gone, Horton up in the air (couldn't care less, he's soft), Boychuk up in the air.

All the key parts are coming back.

Just need Looch to be consistent and Seguin to grow a sack.

I plan on them being super competitive.

Kinda disagree. Bergeron will get a max extension, Tuuka will be signed, Soderberg and Dougie will have a full training camp, Ference gone, Jagr gone, Horton up in the air (couldn't care less, he's soft), Boychuk up in the air.

All the key parts are coming back.

Just need Looch to be consistent and Seguin to grow a sack.

I plan on them being super competitive.

what about the third line basically not returning? the bruins strength has always been in rolling 4 lines that can play with pretty much any line in the league. that's changing next year. you're over simplifying it.

team needs to take a SERIOUS look at seguin and determine where and if he fits in on this team. i'm not saying trade him off straight away, but think about it. see what you could get at least.

Last edited:
what about the third line basically not returning? the bruins strength has always been in rolling 4 lines that can play with pretty much any line in the league. that's changing next year. you're over simplifying it.

team needs to take a SERIOUS look at seguin and determine where and if he fits in on this team. i'm not saying trade him off straight away, but think about it. see what you could get at least.

Kelly signed a 4 yr contract
Paille signed a 3 yr contract

I didn't hear anything about them leaving. Maybe I'm wrong?

Seguin is a p*ssy.

Seguin is a p*ssy.

they HAVE to dump one, if not both, of them. the cap is going down this year pretty significantly. two of three...kelly, peverley, horton...will be gone. one of ference, boychuk, or mcquaid is gone. this is all through trades or not resigning.

Flyers buy out Bryz. Such a waste man

They had to...he was such a liability. The part that sucks is they gave up on Bob and now he's a Vezina winner.

Ughhhh don't remind me about Bob :lol: but so lad Bryz is done!!! Who the hell is out goalie though?! We can't just give it right to Mason without competition

One good/bad thing about being a Flyers fan...we are ALWAYS in the mix making deals :lol: :smh

Flyers buy out Bryz. Such a waste man

They had to...he was such a liability. The part that sucks is they gave up on Bob and now he's a Vezina winner.

Ughhhh don't remind me about Bob :lol: but so lad Bryz is done!!! Who the hell is out goalie though?! We can't just give it right to Mason without competition

One good/bad thing about being a Flyers fan...we are ALWAYS in the mix making deals :lol: :smh

you can prob get thomas from the islanders...

:lol:

Seguin is a p*ssy.

The cap drops about $7M next season, meaning the Bruins have approximately $5M to work with this offseason. Haggerty reported today that the Bruins do not plan to use a compliance buy-out during the summer (a mistake, in my opinion -- one of them has to go), so the little space they do have must go towards resigning Rask, who is certain to receive a max-type deal ($7M AAV).

This puts the Bruins at the limit.

Consequently, the Chiarelli will be unable to resign important FAs Horton (I expect he'll end up in Edmonton) and Ference. Ference can be replaced on the back-end by Bartkowski or Hamilton, but the loss of Horton is damaging not only to the team's competitive advantage (that is, size and skill upfront), but also to the confidence of its players. Lucic is close with his linemate, Horton, and will likely be affected by his departure. As inconsistent as Horton can be, I don't see how they replace him internally.

Not to mention, training camp opens in 90 days. The team will be wiped, and as we've seen before, will use the condensed layoff as an excuse for its play.

EDIT: I should mention that Savard's LITR does not count against the cap, but I haven't really looked at the numbers closely enough to determine exactly how that affects their cap position-- besides the fact that they will have more than ~$5M.

Last edited:
^ they have to find a way to move Peverley and/or Kelly and their contracts out the door. losing Horton is killer for the second reason you stated...chemistry with Lucic. those two are like two trains on the forecheck when they get into the corners. they work well with DK46 to. shame that he's likely gone. here's to hoping for horton taking a boston discount :lol:

Back
Top Bottom