OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Penguins couldn't put anything away last night, but it was a great game to be at. Of course when Asham knocked him out the crowd was going crazy.
If Crosby comes back that team will be pretty loaded. Making that Neal trade last year was money.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Penguins couldn't put anything away last night, but it was a great game to be at. Of course when Asham knocked him out the crowd was going crazy.
If Crosby comes back that team will be pretty loaded. Making that Neal trade last year was money.
cha chingggg, i was worried with the second half he had last year but hes def adjusted now..

and y the stink over Asham... dude picked a fight with him and got in a half dozen undefended !$%%@ punches while asham freed his arm, then... night night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

most epic post fight celebration of ALL time... beagle was leakingggg
sick.gif
eek.gif

Not many players would apologize like Asham did, I was pretty shocked with how he did it. Always nice to see that.

Kings offense has been off beat, looks like everyone is just wandering, I thought Kopitar was gonna be that "ONE" guy to go to, but they seem all over the place. 
It's only been 3 games, I know they will figure it out.  I don't see Gagne lasting on that Kopitar line though, he'll probably get shifted with his buddy Richards eventually. 

Good to see Parise healthy this season because he will be a King next year 
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by SCuse7

cha chingggg, i was worried with the second half he had last year but hes def adjusted now..

and y the stink over Asham... dude picked a fight with him and got in a half dozen undefended !$%%@ punches while asham freed his arm, then... night night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

most epic post fight celebration of ALL time... beagle was leakingggg
sick.gif
eek.gif

If Asham never did the whole "sleeping" routine, nothing would have been said...but he manned up about it and now it's water under the bridge.  He's not a dirty player by any means. 

Neal is looking real good and has great chemistry w. Malkin. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

y dont the Ducks score goals
30t6p3b.gif

horrrrid start for getz, perry, ryan

They start slow every year. They'll start tearing it up in the next few games. Hell, tonight Getz hit the post twice and Greiss robbed Perry a couple of times. They were pretty bad in the Premiere games though.

Nothing wrong with what Asham did after the fight.......especially since Beagle was initiating most of the fight until Asham laid him out. Players from around the league as well as on the Caps had nothing bad to say about Asham or what he did.

Rob Ray made a good point as well, in this day and age there are tons of ways to just grapple your way out of a fight. Beagle is a young up and coming player trying to make the Caps team on a full time basis and he was out to prove something.

I agree with Laich as well, just because Beagle got KO'd it doesn't need to spark the whole concussion and head shot debate. This just happened to be the first KO of this season where Shanny and the league are all over concussions and head shots. Hopefully the non-sense from that fight will blow over soon.

^Agreed, with head shots being the focus right now in hockey every time this happens it's going to get talked about for a long time. I don't like how the media keeps talking about Asham's actions after the fight. Yes they might have been disrespectful and probably unnecessary but he realized he did something wrong and apologized right away so everybody can move on now.

On another note- the Jets play in Phoenix tonight which should be an interesting game, hopefully we can finally win a game. When the schedule came out a bunch of local travel agencies started to organize trips to Phoenix this weekend with tickets to the game included so I'll be curious to see how many Jets fans will be at the game.

injuries starting to mount...

krejci out again tonight, mcquaid out tonight. we're SLOW out the gate this year
laugh.gif

Bruins really need to win tonight. They're already starting to piss me off.

Really sucks that Krejci is out but Seguin is really showing his skill out there now that he is on the first line. Sucks that McQuaid is out for a little bit with a "suspected concussion". I hope it isn't a concussion but man he was woozy.

damn...tavares indeed
sick.gif
'

edit - tried to get tickets to the game tonight but ticketmaster was being a @%@$

man...we need to snap out of this !+#%. the offseason and celebration is over.

seguin looks AWESOME except for when he tries to thread passes through the skates of defenders...he can't get one through to save his life. other than that, he looks great.

RNH is looking great out there, unfortunately I can't say the same about my Jets. They lose again in Phx tonight, now 0-3, have been out-scored by 8 goals in 3 games and are the only team in the league without a point
30t6p3b.gif

we won a shootout
eek.gif

thank god we got 2 on this mini roadtrip...back home. lets get going now
pimp.gif

:O Ondrej Pavelec gonna be dropped tomorrow
ohwell.gif
gah. cmon Jets. ps anyone even interested in the Yahoo league? lol

Back
Top Bottom