OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Interesting comments from Holmgren...I wonder how much weight this holds.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said while he “didn’t like” Tom Wilson’s hit on Brayden Schenn, he won’t offer an opinion on whether it merits a suspension.

Wilson reportedly has a phone hearing with Brendan Shanahan, the NHL’s Lord of Discipline, Thursday at noon.

What Holmgren did offer, however, was that the players -- and not necessarily the NHL -- have to take more responsibility for their actions on the ice, especially on hits from behind.

That said, Holmgren felt that Schenn placed himself in jeopardy by turning toward the boards before Wilson hit him.

Link

My two guesses:

1. Fine only

2. 2 game suspension

NYR locker room was optimistic with the fight and resolve despite a L in shootout to the Pens. A game they really should have won with Geno, Letang, Engelland out.

Nash needs to get going offensively.

NYR locker room was optimistic with the fight and resolve despite a L in shootout to the Pens. A game they really should have won with Geno, Letang, Engelland out.

Nash needs to get going offensively.

Ive come to the conclusion Nash is jus hella overrated.

Shanahan determined that Schenn saw Wilson and then turned his back to avoid contact, contributing to the severity of the hit and absolving Wilson of responsibility. Further, Wilson asserted during his phone conference that the decision to hit Schenn did not occur until he was near the faceoff circle, which Shanahan corroborates in the video above.

Link

Rooo!!!! :pimp: :pimp: congrats to our captain on an awesome 100th goal and the gw...wild 3 goal comeback for the squad tonight puts us in third place :pimp:

This Flames, Wings game is good too. Lotso shots, good goaltending on both sides. horrible calls :smokin

Blackhawks and Rangers jerseys coming today. Rangers jersey partially leaked last night when someone who works in equipment left them out in the open during the UCLA/Duke game at MSG. It's White with Navy from what I made of the image.

Rangers Stadium Series jerseys are AWFUL
sick.gif
. Reebok blew it big time with them.

not sure if you answered it already if you did i apologize but how is work going man ? meet anyone special yet 
Pretty dope. Holiday party was piff. Haven't met anyone yet but I've been in e-mail correspondence with Shanahan.

Like the hawks jerseys minus all the sharp angles on the stripes. Probably gonna pick one up, since I'll be at the game. But only if they make the authentic version available for purchase, so hard to find the on ice versions at anywhere other than specialty stores in Chicago.

Like the hawks jerseys minus all the sharp angles on the stripes. Probably gonna pick one up, since I'll be at the game. But only if they make the authentic version available for purchase, so hard to find the on ice versions at anywhere other than specialty stores in Chicago.
Don't think there's going to be an authentic one available. From the Penguins press release I got, the most expensive ones will be in the $220 range with a name on it. Basically you're paying that much for a swingman. Don't know if there going to be on the NHL webstore, but if they are, sign up to receive the 10% discount through Discover.

Don't think there's going to be an authentic one available. From the Penguins press release I got, the most expensive ones will be in the $220 range with a name on it. Basically you're paying that much for a swingman. Don't know if there going to be on the NHL webstore, but if they are, sign up to receive the 10% discount through Discover.
Yeah I just can't get down with the bogus screen print embroidery on the replicas, especially with the unique chain stitching the hawks use. I'll have to make some calls to local shops and see if they know anything.

Back
Top Bottom