OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Wings v Caps tonight. Hope it is a good one.

Tonight's game 1,500 for Lidstrom. Let's remain undefeated
pimp.gif

I'm in attendance and the roof just blew off the phone booth ... 7-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koooooooooooooooooooon ...

Yahoo- "What the Canucks get: The next James Neal(notes), if Booth lives up to the promise of his potential and is reinvigorated by the change in scenery."

LOL WHUT

Detroit got ROMPED, holy crap.

They'd only given up 7 goals all season...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Holy !*%@ @ douglas murray getting ko'd... Boulton absolutely tagged him. If someone posts the vid, put it in a spoiler so OKB doesnt get sad
laugh.gif
murray is a BIG boy. Never would i have thought that he'd be tagged like he was tonight. I know my boy Pro was going nuts...
I went from almost jumping through the roof when he landed the punch to being on the floor when Chico said that Murray looked like a dude out of Braveheart
laugh.gif

eek.gif
at that Detroit-Washington score

Jets win 5-3
pimp.gif
we finally get some offense and Evander Kane finally scores his first. But the reffing was very questionable, we probably spend half of the 3rd on the penalty kill
30t6p3b.gif

Great game today for the Canucks, here is the OT winner.
But good news in the post game about the trade too. Samuelsson had gotten useless and Sturm didn't really do anything in a Canucks uni. But this Booth fellow seems promising.

Terrible effort by the Rangers... Once again they took dumb penalties and it cost them. Things have to change soon or else theyre in for a long season.

Just finished watching the Caps game...

eek.gif

Never would have thought they'd destroy the Wings like that...folks may be quick to say that Detroit was playing sluggish due to having back-to-back games, but nah....caps were on another level. This team is DEEP. All 4 lines can put up points.

Big western road trip coming up...

we're putting up 30+ shots in some of these losses and getting plenty of chances...just not finishing. i think we'll be alright, but this +!$+ is frustrating to watch. and im jumping back on top of thomas in these first few weeks...so frustrating to watch. i get the whole coming out to cut down angles...but you can't do it with people around and behind you when you're not controlling rebounds. pisses me off every time.

Booths brains are scrambled...

hell never be the same player he once was... but good luck with that Canucks faithful

Jets send Mark Scheifele down to Barrie. I think this is the right move, he had a great preseason but struggled during the regular season and hardly saw any ice time. Its better for him to go back to juniors and dominate than to struggle in Winnipeg. And he can also play on Canada's world junior team so that will be a great experience for him.

He's definitely got a bright future ahead of him but for now the right decision was made.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Canucks acquire David Booth, Steve Reinprecht & 3rd round draft pick in '13 from Panthers in exchange for Samuelsson/Sturm.

Good deal. I echo kashs' sentiments. Samuelsson was alright, but Sturm did nothing for us offensively.
Nugent-Hopkins has to be staying with the big club at this point, yes?  

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Jets send Mark Scheifele down to Barrie. I think this is the right move, he had a great preseason but struggled during the regular season and hardly saw any ice time. Its better for him to go back to juniors and dominate than to struggle in Winnipeg. And he can also play on Canada's world junior team so that will be a great experience for him.

He's definitely got a bright future ahead of him but for now the right decision was made.
I caught a hilight of Noel tearing a strip off him on the bench last night. 
laugh.gif

Ducks game was cool. way too many turnovers though and just sloppy passing on the Ducks end. Can't wait for to see the Flames, Feb/march!

Originally Posted by sosly

Ducks game was cool. way too many turnovers though and just sloppy passing on the Ducks end. Can't wait for to see the Flames, Feb/march!
Ughhhhhhh. All the damn turnovers from the d-men had me ready to pull my hair out. And that second Hanzal goal Hiller let in.
mad.gif

And yet they still could have won if Mike Smith wasn't such a thief. That save on Bobby was dirty.

Back
Top Bottom