OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

eek.gif
@ Sid....

I hate Sid, but gotta respect his greatness. The NHL is a much better place with Sidney in the lineup. His dives are still on point, too which is the norm. I think he will end the season with about 80 points.

pimp.gif

i feel sry for everyone in this thread besides DMX...

the bar went nuts, the building exploded... Crosbys back, Crosbys back... got all these %!!$!$%#%!*@! sayin Crosbys BACKKK!!
pimp.gif

It is so good to see Sidney Crosby back. I just do not get why you hate him? Is it because of his peach fuzz? He is just an amazing player. A 4-point game his first game back!
eek.gif

I would pick Crosby over Ovechkin every single day. Don't get me wrong, Ovechkin is a great player but Crosby is overall the much better player. The one thing Crosby has on Ovechkin is being a winner. He has won at all levels and his skill set is top notch as well. His first goal was just sickening. This was the first time where my beloved Bruins kind of took a backseat. Don't worry, DSA and BJM I was channel-flipping between three games.
laugh.gif

I am so scared of The Penguins now. The PP is going to be unreal. Their first PP should've been a goal but Malkin rang post. Crosby/Malkin/Neal? That's just so unfair!
sick.gif
 Then, Letang on the back end? Come on! Staal playing 3rd line minutes is so messed up.

On to the Bruins:
Good to see them winning 9 games and hitting their stride. Real physical game and kind of boring at times. I hope Thomas can keep the shutouts going because he's looking sharp as of late. He's getting to the puck more faster. Sometimes, he looks a little groggy out there but he's focused and sliding from crease-to-crease with precision.
  Awwww. How cute? Crosby is all tuckered out with his teddy bear.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Solemate96

It is so good to see Sidney Crosby back. I just do not get why you hate him? Is it because of his peach fuzz? He is just an amazing player. A 4-point game his first game back!
eek.gif

I would pick Crosby over Ovechkin every single day. Don't get me wrong, Ovechkin is a great player but Crosby is overall the much better player. The one thing Crosby has on Ovechkin is being a winner. He has won at all levels
I hate this, being a "winner" what on earth does that mean.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

eek.gif

I would pick Crosby over Ovechkin every single day. Don't get me wrong, Ovechkin is a great player but Crosby is overall the much better player. The one thing Crosby has on Ovechkin is being a winner. He has won at all levels

Stanley Cup, Gold medal, Art Ross. Crosby makes everybody better around him.

Last year is when I think he raised his games to Alex, if not higher. He became a much better at scoring goals himself and just seem to round out his game. Hopefully he gets back to that level. As for the hate, much of what people disliked about him has toned down or been eliminated, but people have their perceptions and are always slow to change them

eek.gif

I would pick Crosby over Ovechkin every single day. Don't get me wrong, Ovechkin is a great player but Crosby is overall the much better player. The one thing Crosby has on Ovechkin is being a winner. He has won at all levels and his skill set is top notch as well. His first goal was just sickening. This was the first time where my beloved Bruins kind of took a backseat. Don't worry, DSA and BJM I was channel-flipping between three games.
laugh.gif

I am so scared of The Penguins now. The PP is going to be unreal. Their first PP should've been a goal but Malkin rang post. Crosby/Malkin/Neal? That's just so unfair!
sick.gif
 Then, Letang on the back end? Come on! Staal playing 3rd line minutes is so messed up.

On to the Bruins:
Good to see them winning 9 games and hitting their stride. Real physical game and kind of boring at times. I hope Thomas can keep the shutouts going because he's looking sharp as of late. He's getting to the puck more faster. Sometimes, he looks a little groggy out there but he's focused and sliding from crease-to-crease with precision.
  Awwww. How cute? Crosby is all tuckered out with his teddy bear.
roll.gif

I agree w. most of what you said...but there was a point in Ovechkin's career where IMO, he was better than Crosby.  Right now, it's no contest....Crosby is the better player.  Actually, it's been that way for the past 2 seasons.  Hopefully, Ovechkin can get back on track.  Don't know if we'll ever see 65 goals from him again, but there just needs to be more consistency. 

Winning the Stanley Cup is the ultimate TEAM accolade.  Sidney Crosby was pedestrian vs. the Red Wings.  He had other guys on his team who picked him up and helped carry the load.  One guy (aside from maybe a goaltender) isn't going to win you a Stanley Cup by himself.  Yes, he has a ring...but he's not doing it alone. 

Ovechkin HAS played well in the playoffs.  However, there are some guys who disappear.  One man can only do so much.  It all goes back to the team concept.  It's not like the regular season where one guy can explode for 4-6 points and single-handedly(sp?) carry his team to a win.  Nah...you gotta win 16 games in the playoffs and there are PLENTY of highs and lows. 

Crosby is 24 and Ovechkin is 26...both guys have LOOOOONG way to go before they retire.  It's always fun to debate Crosby vs. Ovechkin.  RIGHT NOW, the better player is Crosby.  When it's all said and done....who knows? 

i'm still mad for him beating detroit ... but like it's been said ... he's the best player in the world and the game needs him ... i'm rooting for the kid ... hate to see an eric lindross type deal

eek.gif

hockey is a game of vision ... i always thought crosby was better b/c of how he set everyone else up and still got his own ... but that playoff series against the caps where sid just put the team on his back and carried them past ovi should have ended the argument ... and of course last year when he was on a tear b4 the winter classic ... kid is a monster

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

hockey is a game of vision ... i always thought crosby was better b/c of how he set everyone else up and still got his own ... but that playoff series against the caps where sid just put the team on his back and carried them past ovi should have ended the argument ... and of course last year when he was on a tear b4 the winter classic ... kid is a monster

EPIC series, and I can't stress that enough....I remember it like it was yesterday.  But...Ovechkin had 14 points and Crosby had 13 in that series alone.  Pens with the TEAM win.  There is no one player who is putting an entire team on his back.  Media and some fans were so focused on the Crosby/Ovechkin match-up that they lost sight of some of the 2nd-tier players and grinders who helped the Pens win in 7. 

And besides Ovie, who was going off that series with him? Semin was a ghost. Backstrom? Green? Laich? If I remember correctly, Malkin, Fedotenko and Guerin/Gonchar were all playing great.

But, I think it was only a period of maybe a year - year 1/2 where Ovie was better.

Hate thinking about those playoffs though, last good/great Devils team. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

And besides Ovie, who was going off that series with him? Semin was a ghost. Backstrom? Green? Laich? If I remember correctly, Malkin, Fedotenko and Guerin/Gonchar were all playing great.

But, I think it was only a period of maybe a year - year 1/2 where Ovie was better.

yup...agreed 100%

Also, Pro....what's the status of Parise and his contract?

*Anyone see Jeff Skinner's goal last night
eek.gif

pimp.gif

*The future of the blueline is here in DC (for now)....keep an eye on Dmitry Orlov.  Kid has the potential to be better than both Carlson and Alzner.  He's got an absolute cannon and will take your head off in the neutral zone. 

It's a tough situation to say the least. They're not the most talented bunch and their kids aren't all that close to being able to contribute. I think it all depends on how this year goes. Funny you bring it up because just last night he said it is on his mind and what he wants most is a ring. They need a goalie to replace Marty either after this year or next so I think he's either traded at the deadline to LA or they let him walk in the offseason and go after either Rask or Schneider.

It's a tough situation to say the least. They're not the most talented bunch and their kids aren't all that close to being able to contribute. I think it all depends on how this year goes. Funny you bring it up because just last night he said it is on his mind and what he wants most is a ring. They need a goalie to replace Marty either after this year or next so I think he's either traded at the deadline to LA or they let him walk in the offseason and go after either Rask or Schneider.

Devils are in a tough spot....do they hold on to him with the hope that he'll re-sign?  If so, they run the risk of losing him for nothing if he signs elsewhere.  Or, they could just move him before the deadline to get something in return.  I would do the latter and try to get some young talent + a goalie.  Parise, when healthy, is a top-15 player in the league. 

you dont remember correctly, i believe Malkin had like 6 or 7 pts that series... him n sid never explode at the same time

i like it tho
laugh.gif
Geno knows its Sids team but he also knows when hes the best player on the ice on a given night and when we need him to take over
pimp.gif

ovie was NEVER better, he had a cpl out rageous seasons but green backstrom, semin on his same line... sids never played with that kinda gifted winger and blueline which is y im so pumped to see him n Neal this year with Tanger developin into a stud on the blueline
pimp.gif

also sid n geno played together ALOT last night even strength, way more than usual anyway... me gusta

our powerplay is about to be UNREAL
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom