OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

ovie was NEVER better, he had a cpl out rageous seasons but green backstrom, semin on his same line...

Wrong...

Zubrus and Chris Clark for his rookie year..and won the ROY over guess who?

Zubrus and Semin for his 2nd year (also helped Chris Clark on the PP get to 30 goals....think about that. Chris #%+*#%# Clark
laugh.gif
)

3rd year is when the team fired Glen Hanlon and brought in BB and REALLY opened things up for their offense. It was also Backstrom's rookie year and the year that Mike Green exploded)

There are probably 2 seasons at the MAX that Ovechkin was better than Crosby. Other than that, Crosby has been the superior player. You get no argument from me.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Proshares

It's a tough situation to say the least. They're not the most talented bunch and their kids aren't all that close to being able to contribute. I think it all depends on how this year goes. Funny you bring it up because just last night he said it is on his mind and what he wants most is a ring. They need a goalie to replace Marty either after this year or next so I think he's either traded at the deadline to LA or they let him walk in the offseason and go after either Rask or Schneider.

Devils are in a tough spot....do they hold on to him with the hope that he'll re-sign?  If so, they run the risk of losing him for nothing if he signs elsewhere.  Or, they could just move him before the deadline to get something in return.  I would do the latter and try to get some young talent + a goalie.  Parise, when healthy, is a top-15 player in the league. 

If they're falling through the standings, I have a feeling they'll put him out there to LA or (hopefully) Vancouver.  I'd put him borderline top 10 when healthy.  It's a shame that they splurged for a player who is all wrong and will more than likely lose the homegrown talent.

Jay, 6 or 7 points is still playing good no? 
laugh.gif

ovie was NEVER better, he had a cpl out rageous seasons but green backstrom, semin on his same line...

Wrong...

Zubrus and Semin for his 2nd year (also helped Chris Clark on the PP get to 30 goals....think about that. Chris #%+*#%# Clark
laugh.gif
)

3rd year is when the team fired Glen Hanlon and brought in BB and REALLY opened things up for their offense. It was also Backstrom's rookie year and the year that Mike Green exploded)

There are probably 2 seasons at the MAX that Ovechkin was better than Crosby. Other than that, Crosby has been the superior player. You get no argument from me.

Ovi is a goal scoring machine but i always felt it was more because he was a high volume shooter than anything ... dude is talented but i felt it was more him getting his than him setting up teammates  ... i don't have the #s in front of me ... that's just how i felt about his game ... 

sidenote ... yes it's early but if crosby plays every game ... i think he will get 90 pts
laugh.gif

the one thing i give ovi ... when he's on his game ... his complete game ... e.g. Winter olympics ... when he took out Jagr (i think) center ice ... one of the most amazing things i've ever seen on the ice
eek.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Wrong...

laugh.gif
)

Ovi is a goal scoring machine but i always felt it was more because he was a high volume shooter than anything ... dude is talented but i felt it was more him getting his than him setting up teammates  ... i don't have the #s in front of me ... that's just how i felt about his game ... 

sidenote ... yes it's early but if crosby plays every game ... i think he will get 90 pts
laugh.gif

the one thing i give ovi ... when he's on his game ... his complete game ... e.g. Winter olympics ... when he took out Jagr (i think) center ice ... one of the most amazing things i've ever seen on the ice
eek.gif

Both Zubrus and Clark never had a 20 or 30 goal season before they started playing with Ovechkin.  Semin was an inch away from staying in Russia because he was so underwhelming before he teamed up w. Ovechkin.  He makes people a lot better.  He's not the playmaker like Crosby, but he makes things A LOT easier for his teammates. 

bruins 9 in a row...grinded out a tough one last night
pimp.gif

hats off to timmay

sid last night
sick.gif
welcome back, kid

It's a tough situation to say the least. They're not the most talented bunch and their kids aren't all that close to being able to contribute. I think it all depends on how this year goes. Funny you bring it up because just last night he said it is on his mind and what he wants most is a ring. They need a goalie to replace Marty either after this year or next so I think he's either traded at the deadline to LA or they let him walk in the offseason and go after either Rask or Schneider.

Devils are in a tough spot....do they hold on to him with the hope that he'll re-sign?  If so, they run the risk of losing him for nothing if he signs elsewhere.  Or, they could just move him before the deadline to get something in return.  I would do the latter and try to get some young talent + a goalie.  Parise, when healthy, is a top-15 player in the league. 

If they're falling through the standings, I have a feeling they'll put him out there to LA or (hopefully) Vancouver.  I'd put him borderline top 10 when healthy.  It's a shame that they splurged for a player who is all wrong and will more than likely lose the homegrown talent.

Jay, 6 or 7 points is still playing good no? 
laugh.gif
i mean he did go on to win the con smythe so i guess he did... alrightttt
laugh.gif

i jus meant that series he wasnt as prominent as the other 2 and i remember the media hyping it and comparing their career stats against each other n stuff when in actuality Malkin was our best player for 75% of that entire season

and if memory serves although he had half the point total that series i think he had 2 or 3 game winning goals
laugh.gif

What a way to comeback for the Kid. Hockey is a lot better off with Sid back in the mix. This Penguins team was already taking care of business w/o Crosby, now that he's back I'd say they are the team to watch in the East. I'd love to see a Hawks -Pens Stanley Cup.

Love to see Sid back. 
pimp.gif

My Panthers playing well. Going to the game tonight against the Rangers.

Versteeg
pimp.gif

Weiss
pimp.gif

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see something involving Ryan for Parise happen in the near future. Ryan's already locked up and Murray may be looking for a big shakeup. Although, he should be looking for a new coach. I've been calling for Carlyle's head for 3 years now, but I don't think it's ever got to happen. He's great, but our personnel right now just does not fit his system. I do think he could do wonders with a team like Washington.

*I don't think Murray would go for Carter. Injury prone on a 8+ year contract.
sick.gif

Whoa speaking of Florida, how's my boy Jay Bouwmeester doing?
laugh.gif
I forget who I was going back and forth with about him being a bust in Calgary a few years back.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see something involving Ryan for Parise happen in the near future. Ryan's already locked up and Murray may be looking for a big shakeup. Although, he should be looking for new coach. I've been calling for Carlyle's head for 3 years now, but I don't think it's ever got to happen. He's great, but our personnel right now just does not fit his system. I do think he could do wonders with a team like Washington.

I would think they would go after Jeff Carter, being that he's miserable in Columbus 
laugh.gif

Devils want alot in return for their captain. 

Kings are targeting Parise as well, but Devils' asking price is somewhere along Bernier, Slava Voynov, and at least Jack Johnson in return.  

/\ thats wayyyy too much for parise haha

i think they gotta move him tho and i think teams know that and will lowball them till the last second and theyll end up takin what they can get for him

lot of parise for tuuka talk today in boston...all because of a mention of an article where parise admired the thought of possibly playing boston coupled with the recent nash for tuukka rumors. so purely just rumors with no base at this point.

that said, i would be 100% against ALMOST ANY deal that involved tuukka

Seems like every team in the league tries to get a crap load in return from the Kings 
laugh.gif

Like 2 years when the Flyers wanted at least Schenn, Simmonds, and a pick in return for Gagne.  Funny how things turned out anyway. 

laugh.gif
I forget who I was going back and forth with about him being a bust in Calgary a few years back.

I would of loved to keep him in Florida. He was just getting settled in.

I think if I could get a good deal for Rask than I probably would pull the trigger on trading Tuukka.
It would have to be something valuable in return. Nash and/or Parise, a pick or a backup goaltender for Rask/Hamill or Caron. 

Rask is the goalie of the future and a great one at that. The deal would have to be lopsided towards my side for me to let Rask go. 

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see something involving Ryan for Parise happen in the near future. Ryan's already locked up and Murray may be looking for a big shakeup. Although, he should be looking for a new coach. I've been calling for Carlyle's head for 3 years now, but I don't think it's ever got to happen. He's great, but our personnel right now just does not fit his system. I do think he could do wonders with a team like Washington.

sick.gif
Would love to get Ryan here in Philly.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

sick.gif
Would love to get Ryan here in Philly.
happy.gif

Haha, I bet he would love it there too. Favorite teams growing up were PHI and NJ.
I just don't think Philly will be able to give up what we would want in return. Probably something like Coutourier and Simmonds.

Parise I don't even think can fetch Bobby or another top level package unless he agrees to a contract extension first. If he's just going to be a rental, I think we'd see a Kovalchuk type trade. 1st and a couple prospects.

I think if he goes somewhere he thinks he'll have a shot for a Cup this year and for a couple years, he'll sign an extension with no problem. But you're right, that's the only way they get what they need.

People loose their heads in the middle of rivalries, there was like 3 years where Ovechkin was thought to be better than Crosby, hell there was a time where people thought Crosby wasn't the best guy on his own team...now it shifted, couple mediocre years by Ovi and now Crosby is unquestionably better, have some %#!@$@@ perspective and settle the !++# down. Our cultures need for sweeping generalizations annoys the hell out of me, and more so living in Canada where Crosby is the father son and holy ghost.
sick.gif

If honestly makes me sick at this point, hopefully Oveskin can get back to dominating, because nobody can tell me that Ovi at his peak isn't every bit as good as Crosby.

Originally Posted by rashi

laugh.gif

I would of loved to keep him in Florida. He was just getting settled in.
J-Bouw is a pylon out in Calgary. What's he making? $7 mil per?

^ And right now there is even more attention on Crosby because no one has seen him play in 10 months. So any time the best player in the game comes back from a 10 month absence its going to be a big deal, especially in Canada where hockey is by far the most popular sport.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

hopefully Oveskin can get back to dominating, because nobody can tell me that Ovi at his peak isn't every bit as good as Crosby.

The argument is Ovechkin doesn't play both sides of the puck, he doesn't make his teammates better and he's not a winner. He's an insanely talented offensive player. Crosby executes all of that, he is the complete package. People love to hate on Sid for numerous reasons. It reminds me so much of when Gretzky played.

Back
Top Bottom