OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

torts is a quote machine
laugh.gif

Jets lose 4-2 in Boston, I thought we started out good and got a 2-0 lead but we definitely fell off after the 1st period. Not to make excuses but it was our 3rd game in 4 nights on the road, so I wasn't too surprised at our play but overall I was happy with this road trip.
We've played 15 of 23 games on the road, so to be only 1 game under .500 is not bad and we got 13 of our next 15 at home so hopefully we can string some wins together.

eek.gif
at Washington getting blown out again, Ovie finished -4 and he's killing my fantasy team right now
30t6p3b.gif
I should have taken someone else with the first pick

laugh.gif
no wheeler shirt tonight...but i did applaud his assist tonight
pimp.gif

got off to a slow start...but climbed back from two goals down tonight...GREAT to see.

11-0-1 in november....23 of 24 points
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Good game last night against The Jets. Came back from 2-0 to win it. If this was last year, we would've lost this game easily. We didn't have the balls last year to fight back when we were down by a few goals. This time, is really different.

I have got to hand it to Kane and Big Buff. Those two are monsters. Kane is going to be an elite power forward and I like his game a lot.

The Jets D is so depleted. There is some potential in the back end with Stuart, Buff and Bogosian. Sucks to see Enstrom not playing because he brings offense to the blue line.

On to Wheeler, he was ghost last night. I totally forgot he was on the team because he played like 5 minutes.

Pouliot is showing a lot of skill playing on the third line. I still haven't warmed up to him and would rather see Caron play. He's doing good and a great feed for Kelly's 2nd goal of the night.

Not much to say about Peverley but skate! Guys got some serious wheels and that shorthanded goal was a thing of beauty. They need to attack on the PK because Paille and Pevs are so effective when they can run around the ice causing havoc. 

Paille is showing why he was picked in the first round with all his crazy dangles now! 
laugh.gif

Wish Seguin had that goal. He is still one of the leaders in points but he has hit post so many times. Imagine if he buried all of those? He would have had at least 5 more goals to his name. 

just across my twitter feed:

#caps have fired Bruce Boudreau, possible replacement is Dale Hunter as the next coach. #nhl

Bruce has been given the pink slip. Dale Hunter is now tasked with turning one of the most talented group of players into a hockey team. I am anxious to see how much say he has in personnel moves. I'd like to see Semin and Green shipped out for quality hockey players.

Yup...Dale Hunter is in. He's had some success w. London and his hire should keep some folks happy seeing that he's a Caps legend. However, I do wonder about the type of success he'll have in jumping from the OHL to the NHL. Two TOTALLY different beasts. I dunno...Boudreau had lost the team and maybe Hunter will provide the spark that they need. Hopefully his approach is no-nonsense.

Green NEEDS to stay. He's our best defenseman by far....the team is suffering on both ends of the ice in his absence.

Semin, on the other hand, has to go. I've said it over and over....but he's a malcontent and the team would be better off if they got him out of the lockerroom.

I really hope that this Dale Hunter hire has the same effect that the Dan Bylsma hire did for the Pens a few years back. I'm skeptical, but optimistic at the same time
laugh.gif
We'll see what happens.  

*edit*

dale-hunter-beerwords2.jpg

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

*Crosses fingers Carlyle is next*

Don't even care who the replacement is.

Boudreau
nerd.gif

According to the presser, the Caps are going back to a more offensive attack
pimp.gif

If you all ever watched Dale Hunter...dude was a DIRTY SOB.  He won't tolerate soft play from anyone on the roster. 

Carlyle is sweating right now I'm sure. He's due.

As for the Kings, if they don't start producing these next few games, I can see Terry Murray gone.

mitchell and ness cancelled my wayne gretzky jersey
frown.gif

had a feeling

anyways, instead bought me and my dad matching fuhr jerseys
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

mitchell and ness cancelled my wayne gretzky jersey
frown.gif

had a feeling

anyways, instead bought me and my dad matching fuhr jerseys
laugh.gif

i know that feel...
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

According to Canadian media Murray is shopping Bobby Ryan. 
30t6p3b.gif

If he trades Bobby in a Phaneuf like deal I will be done with this team until he and Carlyle are fired. This season is lost. I didn't see the Caps trade Ovie, Backs, Green, Carlson, ETC. Trading a guy that we have signed to a great contract who isn't even in his prime yet, and is the perfect guy to replace Selanne sure sounds like a great idea.
mad.gif
There are two main problems with this team- Carlyle unwilling to adapt to a more puck possession game and horrible on ice leadership being shown by our "Captain". You trade Bobby, just for the sake of making a move, and Perry is probably gone next year too in FA. We need to find a new coach, ship out Lubo, Koivu, Blake, Hagman, Brookbank, and maybe Selanne at the deadline, and ride this out with Yakupov hopefully as the end result.

BTW this was posted on another forum.

General manager George McPhee's Bob Murray's response was simple: The Washington Capitals Anaheim Ducks aren't winning enough games right now.

There are other issues as well -- the defense has been leaky, the star forwards aren't scoring enough, the goaltending has been suspect. It all added up to a decision McPhee Murray felt he had to make -- Bruce Boudreau Randy Carlyle is no longer the coach of the Capitals Ducks, and Dale Hunter (take your pick) has replaced him.

"The reason for the change was we weren't winning, obviously, and this wasn't a slump," McPhee Murray said. "You can ride out slumps. This was simply a case of the players were no longer responding to Bruce Randy. When you see that, as much as you don't want to make a change, you have to make a change. Bruce Randy did a terrific job. We're very proud of him, proud of the work he did for us, but when the players aren't responding, you have to make a change.

"The issue was we weren't playing very well. And I think Bruce Randy came in here and emptied the tank. He gave it everything he could and did a really good job, but the tank was empty. When that happens, you get a new coach, where the tank is full, and see if it makes a difference."

^I love Krejci and could see something worked out for Bobby with either he or J. Staal, but the problem is that fills one hole (2nd line C) and creates another (Selanne's replacement). If Murray gets anything less than a package like Krejci + Marchand or Staal + Kennedy it will be a failure of a trade.

Originally Posted by True Blues

And I heard: Ryan for Krejci + 1
two years in a row he's been a top, if not THE top, performer for us in the playoffs. no coincidence that when he went out, so did our offense against philly two playoffs ago. i'm against moving him. his struggles are tied to lucic and horton. the line needs to be broken up more than anything. get someone with more speed that can play with krejci.

^I love Krejci and could see something worked out for Bobby with either he or J. Staal, but the problem is that fills one hole (2nd line C) and creates another (Selanne's replacement). If Murray gets anything less than a package like Krejci + Marchand or Staal + Kennedy it will be a failure of a trade.
bahhahahah
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

your on drugs if u think were trading Jordan Staal... Stall plus Kennedy?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyler Kenendy has one of the most attractive contracts out there... hes most likely gone at the dead line for another dman but ive also heard Kennedy + picks/prospects for Iginla but I think Calgary will want alot more even if they do say eff it n go into total rebuilding mode.

Evgeny Kuznetsov in some sort of package to either Calgary/Anaheim would get the deal done for either Ryan or Iginla.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

bahhahahah
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

your on drugs if u think were trading Jordan Staal... Stall plus Kennedy?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyler Kenendy has one of the most attractive contracts out there... hes most likely gone at the dead line for another dman but ive also heard Kennedy + picks/prospects for Iginla but I think Calgary will want alot more even if they do say eff it n go into total rebuilding mode.
I don't think that either of those trades will happen. Nor would I move Staal, if I was PITT. That is great depth down the middle. I'm saying, that is the kind of package that would be needed to make it worth it to trade Bobby. It needs to be two 2nd line players. Bobby would easily be a 45 goal scorer on Crosby's wing though. In reality, Murray will probably trade Bobby for scraps because Carlyle can do no wrong and he needs a scapegoat. I just don't understand why a trade needs to be made. We could trade Bobby for Crosby, and we still wouldn't make the playoffs this year.

Back
Top Bottom