OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Ryan getting shopped to Columbus, Toronto, Minny and Philly....
I can see Jeff Carter landing in Anaheim.  Richards 'ol drinking buddy in SoCal?  

I hear Semin is being shopped as well.  Wouldn't mind having him here in L.A., but I know the Caps would want the world in return. 
laugh.gif

Updated: November 28, 2011, 8:59 PM ET

[h1]Max Pacioretty suspended 3 games[/h1]

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty has been suspended three games by the NHL for a hit to the head of Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang.

4005.jpg

Pacioretty

The league made the announcement Monday night, hours after Pacioretty had a hearing over the phone with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.

Pacioretty struck Letang in the head with his shoulder with 3:14 left in the third period of Montreal's 4-3 overtime loss to Pittsburgh on Saturday. Letang was bloodied and sustained a broken nose, but he returned to the game and scored the winning goal.

Pacioretty, who wasn't penalized during the game for the hit, will sit out Wednesday at Anaheim, Thursday at San Jose, and Saturday at Los Angeles and will lose $26,351.34 in salary.

He is eligible to return Dec. 6 against Columbus.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

i dunno if ironic is the word, but
laugh.gif

Goal at the end of the 2nd for the Pens gave them momentum, only up 1.

This is going to be a nail biter.

Murray was at the Sabres-Isles game.
frown.gif

And Aaron Ward says Carlyle sucked the fun out of the game in the two months he played for us, and he couldn't wait to get out.
laugh.gif

What a huge win for the rangers. %!%+### Knicks on ice, can't win anything nice and easy. Awesome game

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Murray was at the Sabres-Isles game.
frown.gif

And Aaron Ward says Carlyle sucked the fun out of the game in the two months he played for us, and he couldn't wait to get out.
laugh.gif
My buddy who played 15 games for Anaheim in the 06-07 season said the exact same thing about Carlyle. He rarely speaks to the 3rd and 4th line guys and just has no emotion and rarely interacts with his players. It's a shame because Anaheim is a deep club IMO and should be one of the West powerhouses.

Jets lose at home to the Senators
30t6p3b.gif
I've been to 5 games and they've lost 4 of them, this sucks

On the bright side Evander Kane scored 2 more goals and Blake Wheeler doubled his goal total this year with a 2 foot tap in
pimp.gif
eyes.gif

So, Bobby Ryan is pretty much done as a Duck by the sounds of things.........I read that it's a salary dump? Burkey needs to pull some strings and get him in the Blue & White
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Not a salary dump by any means. The idea, albeit very stupid, behind it is to get more depth throughout the lineup. Something along the lines of a #2 Center + another scoring FWD.

Absolutely stupid idea to make a trade like this though. Bobby for Crosby and Malkin couldn't save this season. Bobby is signed to a great contract and Getz and Pears are both UFA after next season. They aren't going to want to stick around on a losing team.

Originally Posted by cquan05

So, Bobby Ryan is pretty much done as a Duck by the sounds of things.........I read that it's a salary dump? Burkey needs to pull some strings and get him in the Blue & White
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Someone's been reading too much Damien Cox.

BTW, Leafs get spanked again by the B's.

Carlyle's out, Boudreau's in:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ducks remove Carlyle and name Boudreau new head coach[/h1][h2]TSN.ca Staff[/h2][h3]12/1/2011 1:32:34 AM[/h3]
The Anaheim Ducks have removed head coach Randy Carlyle and replaced him with former Washington Capitals bench boss Bruce Boudreau.

The club has also relieved Assistant Coaches Dave Farrish and Mike Foligno of their duties.

Ducks general manager Bob Murray, in a press release said he felt it was time to make a change to get a new perspective into the dressing room.

"This was an extremely difficult decision," said Murray in a release. "Randy is a terrific head coach, and did a tremendous job for us for six-plus seasons. We thank him greatly for his hard work and dedication to our franchise, not the least of which was a Stanley Cup championship. At this time, we simply felt a new voice was needed. Bruce is a proven winner with a great track record, and we are optimistic we can turn this season around under his leadership."

Murray informed Carlyle 40 minutes after tonight's victory over the Montreal Canadiens.

The now former Ducks head coach  has two more years after this season on his current contract.

Boudreau won the 2007-08 NHL coach of the year award with the Capitals and also led them to the 2009-10 Presidents' Trophy as the top club in the regular season.

He was let go by the Capitals on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom