OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

HOLY TOLEDO!!!

****** steal for Nash... I didnt want no part of him because of the asking price and possible character issues but ill take this anyday

No MDZ , McDonagh, Stepan, or Krieder ....

just Dubs, Artem, a 1st rounder (which will probably be on the latter half of the draft) and a AHLer?

Please and thank you!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Ohio takes another L?

Last edited:
mind-blowing how Sather was able to get Nash and still keep ALL of McDonagh, Kreider, Stepan, Hagelin, and Del Zotto. One of the most glaring needs of this team for the past few years was a power forward who can put the puck in the net and thats exactly what Nash is. Absolutely thrilled right now.

The Blue Jackets need to go to the AHL.

Good deal for Nash, but I think he is a lot worse than a few years ago. Still makes them better though.

man...they got nash for a perfectly acceptable price. good for the rangers...but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :lol:

He's canadian, 6'4 and he has a beard, other than that nothing about him resembles a superstar, just an over the hill creation of the Canadian media. A lot of hype for 60 point scorer.

OKB...not that I think he's the heralded star he's made out to be...but i don't think that's a fair assessment.

he's consistently scored 30+ goals and notched 30-35 assists in an ABYSMAL offense. being that he's 28, i would think he can add to those numbers on a halfway decent team. that said, the ranger offense isn't exactly explosive. but i would expect more if he gets thrown onto the right line in NY.

No surprise, Nashville matches the Weber offer sheet. They've still got tons of cap space. Maybe return the favor with Voracek?

/\ it is to some a suprise... i really thought theyd let him walk...

meaning they believe rinne can win them a cup.. should be interesting what they do w/ the resta the cap space

So is nash good or not? Eeryone i know is hyped. I remembe talks about him coming to nyc last year

/\ hes nasty. hence Rick Nasty... Slick Stick Rick, etc.

playing on a good team with good players will be interesting for him... well see how he transitions

but i dont see how playing with brad richards couldnt possibly mean at least the same output level n NY

maybe he wont tho and theyll keep richards with gabby

i doubt a richard/gabby/nash line happens often but when it does... yuck.

Last edited:
I can see a slick rick nickname sticking in NYC hahahahaha

richards earned every cent and then some when he came to NYC. His passing is amazing. that game tying goal in the playoffs with less than a second left will always be a great memory. Same as the pass to Gabby in the 3rd OT

Gabby was driving me nuts in the playoffs but I'm not pissed since I found out he was hurt.

nice to see Dolan **** off and let Sather be a GM. I always thought Sather sucked but now I realize it was Dolan chasing stars and not allowing a rebuild

Kreider, Nash, Gabby, Richards.....maybe Hags. that's some great offensive talent :smokin. our offense is a pain to watch most of the time.

Hope Torts figures it out. I thought he was gonna get fired when he went at Dolan for the winning the cup talk

how did we keep stephan? :x

Last edited:
Brad Richards earned every cent of his contract with that huge goal vs. the Caps in the playoffs. Up to that point, he didn't perform up to expectations. Contract is gonna be a pain to move in another year or two when he turns into Scott Gomez 2.0

/\ hes nasty. hence Rick Nasty... Slick Stick Rick, etc.

playing on a good team with good players will be interesting for him... well see how he transitions

but i dont see how playing with brad richards couldnt possibly mean at least the same output level n NY

maybe he wont tho and theyll keep richards with gabby

i doubt a richard/gabby/nash line happens often but when it does... yuck.

Therein lies the problem in NY. They're loaded on the boards, but outside of Richards, they lack a proven centre. The Rangers are really relying on Stepan here-- which is why it was so crucial Slats was able to retain him. If he can consistently feed Gabby/Nash, the Rangers will be a problem. If not, the production of either Gaborik or Nash will likely suffer.

Richards had the go ahead goal in game 6 against ottowa with the rangers about to go out in the playoffs, he did plenty before that game tying shot. How can you say he was disappointing, the rangers were the best in the conference. didn't meet one rangers fan who was pissed about ruchards even before the game tying goal or the assist in the third OT

in one year he's gonna fall off. okay.

true, I hear you. maybe we see another move during the season?

im just excited to see wat happens. we were run down by the end of the year so Torts is gonna need to figure something out. blocking shots like that for the whole season and then the playoffs got us all messed up. But thats how we got there. he will have a tough job.

The rangers historically choke except for that one time. (this year wasn't a choke, but they came very close in the first round) plus you can't predict hockey. you can't. i'm just happy there is potential here. Plus kreider can be a star

Last edited:
Thank you Nashville!

And Nathan Horton cleared for contact...hopefully his head is right mentally come start of the year. McQuaid cleared as well, but I'm not worried about his mental game. He is bat **** crazy.

Glad that the Blueshirts got their guy, and to only give up Dubinksy and Anisimov as "centerpieces" of the trade is solid In my opinion.

Anisimov was a nice player, but by no means will make me lose sleep at night. Dubinksy is still young and much left to prove, but he was just bad the last season and then some.

Back
Top Bottom