Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

I would assume that the app store would work since it's still the android market and it's still the android OS.

I'm not sure whats going on with the trade in, never heard of it until it was mentioned.

Also, I think Sprint's TP2 will have WM6.1, either way there will be an upgrade

FCC Clears CDMA HTC Hero; Classifies Hero as a "Pocket PC Phone"
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
Thursday, August 20th at 01:54 PM

It's long been rumored now that the HTC Hero will be making a US debut--not in its GSM incarnation--on a CDMA network, and most likely on Sprint. The NorthAmerican version of the Hero will eschew the European GSM and 3G bands for North American flavors and run on CDMA/EVDO for high speed internet access.

The FCC clearance in itself is not noteworthy as all cellular and communications devices must get regulatory approval for use in the US. However, what is worthnoting is that the FCC is calling the Android OS Hero a pocket PC phone; "Pocket PC" is the brand name for Windows Mobile before Microsoft begancalling its smartphones and PDAs Windows Mobile.

htc-hero200-fcc.jpg

More Windows Mobile 6.5 builds emerge
build23034.jpg

Another day, another couple of builds of Windows Mobile 6.5 hit the streets. Above are some screenies of Build 23034 from XDA Developers. [via wmpoweruser]More colors, different buttons, the usual drill.

After the break, a 10-minute video of Build 23028 come to us from Fuzemobility [via wmpoweruser] and show a run-through of the OS on an emulator. You mightlike some of what you see. You might hate it. You might want some funky cold medina. But either way, you can bet there's another build right around thecorner. The question remains what build will see some official carrier/manufacturer love when the time comes.

WM 6.5 BEEN out. I'm running it on my phone right now. The chefs at PPCGeeks even made some where you can have both the Wm6.5 and the TouchFLo at the sametime. I just disable touchflo altogether though. I'm running Psyki's rom right now. EnergyRom is a good one too but for some reason it was reflashingeverytime I restarted my phone

The Hardspl for the TP2 was released last week, I don't think they have an android boot for it yet.

They've been releasing WM6.5 builds pretty frequent lately. But I thought all WM6.5 came with TouchFlo, well at least the ones I've been suing camewith them.

HTC Mega Packs a Mega Punch for a Mid-Range Headset Posted by Chuong Nguyen Monday, August 24th at 01:36 AM If spending a ton of cash inthis economy for a flagship HTC Diamond2 isn't really your thing right now, then consider a less costly alternative in the forthcoming HTC Mega, which webelieve to be a mid-range handset. The Mega uses a scaled down version of TouchFLO, which is still very functional and useful in daily operations. We'restill not sure on what the device will have on-board still, at least until HTC formally announces the handset. However, WMPowerUser did score some nice images,which we've reposted below. However, until it gets formally announced and released, don't put your eggs in the "Mega" basket just yet ascarriers and manufacturers can kill off a device at any time prior to release, like what HTC and AT&T did with the Android Lancaster.
mega.jpg[\img]

Chinese-Bound HTC Qilin to be Powerhouse with Cortex A8 ARM Chip
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
Wednesday, August 26th at 12:31 PM

The HTC Qilin, which has been compared as the Chinese version of the HTC Whitestone for Verizon Wireless, may be one of the more powerful devices that will be made available. The device will feature an TI OMAP3 3430 processor, which should make it a multimedia powerhouse for HTC as it tries to maintain leadership in the Chinese market against home-grown ZTE.

The TI OMAP3 3430 processor is a Cortex A8 processor that has a Superscalar ARM[emoji]174[/emoji] Cortex[emoji]8482[/emoji]-A8 RISC core. According to tests, the Cortex A8 processor provides three times the performance of a standard ARM chipset. Here are some highlights of the powerful chip that will power the Qilin, according to WMPowerUser:

- New OMAP[emoji]8482[/emoji] 3 architecture combines mobile entertainment with high performance productivity applications
- Industry's first processor with advanced Superscalar ARM[emoji]174[/emoji] Cortex[emoji]8482[/emoji]-A8 RISC core enabling 3x gain in performance
- Industry's first processor designed in 65-nm CMOS process technology adds processing performance
- IVA[emoji]8482[/emoji] 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720×480 pixels) 30 fps
- Integrated image signal processor (ISP) for faster, higher-quality image capture and lower system cost
- Flexible system support

* Composite and S-video TV output
* XGA (1024×768 pixels), 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support
* Flatlink[emoji]8482[/emoji] 3G-compliant serial display and parallel display support
* High Speed USB2.0 On-The-Go support

- Seamless connectivity to Hard Disk Drive (HDD) devices for mass storage
- Leverages SmartReflex[emoji]8482[/emoji] technologies for advanced power reduction
- M-shield[emoji]8482[/emoji] mobile security enhanced with ARM TrustZone[emoji]8482[/emoji] support
- Software-compatible with OMAP[emoji]8482[/emoji] 2 processors
- HLOS support for customizable interface
- Support for OpenGL ES 1.1

It's unfortunate that the chip is limited to only OpenGL ES 1.1 as 2.0 is more powerful.

It seems that there's another contender to the smartphone processor arms race--no pun intended on the arm part. We have Qualcomm's Snapdragon on devices like the Acer F1, Tegra on hardware like the Zune HD, and now the ARM Cortex A8 chip on smartphones like the Palm Pre.

(via: WMPowerUser)

3D9P48UOV9Z381P7G1ZJH088DUTG6D6X_thumb1.jpg

Sprint Touch Pro2 Priced $599 with Sept 8th Release in Leaked Document
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
Wednesday, August 26th at 03:00 AM

Sprint subscribers were content with a September 3rd release date for the HTC Touch Pro2. Unfortunately, a new image confirms rumors that the date has been changed to 9/8. Many were suggesting that the 3rd would actually be the direct ship date, but this reference guide clearly marks the 8th as "Direct Ship Only." It looks like we will have to wait 5 extra days to make our calls to Sprint.

Interestingly, we also see a price attached to the Sprint variant of the Touch Pro2 for the first time - $599.99 retail ($50 more than T-Mobile's TP2). However, there's still no word on pricing for new and renewing customers. For any doubters out there, the guide also confirms that the Sprint device is, in fact, a world phone and will be shipped with WM6.1. Check out the rest of the guide at SprintUsers.

SprintTP2Price.jpg

yo mastamind do u have the mt3g? have u put anyhing else on it or have u seen it with anything else on it? like hero. I went to the xda developers site andthats like french to me when it comes to me finding the correct roms.. cause im still trynna decide tp2 or mytouch3g my final decision is coming down to whatroms i can put on it

whats the best rom for the tp2? im trying to flash it soon

my only knock with this phone is the browser the g1 spoiled me other than that its good

oh yea that annoying text sent mess gets on my nerves

datruth92803- Nah I have the Tilt, but Holla kid had the MyTouch which I think he gave to his girl. As of now there is no Android ROM for the TP2 but I'msure it will be the Hero ROM and you most likely wont be able to access the market place. For the MyTouch you can put the Hero on it too.

solefood229- Im not sure what the best ROM is, I guess it comes down to what you are looking for and opinion. But the Energy ROM seems to be a popular one. Youcan get a different browser, I've been using Skyfire for sometime now and Opera Mobile 9.5 is good and Opera Mobile 9.7 beta/alpha came out not too longago.

Windows Mobile Build 23037 Tour Posted by Brandon Miniman As Chuong posted earlier, Windows Mobile Build 6.5 23037 is out (thanks to a ROM at XDA), this timeadding the ability to slide around icons on the Start menu. As some readers point out, this function was present back to build 23016 or so, but we actuallymissed it in our recent tour of build 23034. The behavior of the function needs work, though, as it's a bit unpredictable knowing where one icon will goafter replacing it with another.
23037.jpg
More CDMAHTC Touch Pro2 Rumors: Sprint, Verizon Wireless, US Cellular With Sprint's leaked pricing and release date being pushed back for the CDMA Touch Pro2, weare finally hearing more rumors from the CDMA camp from Sprint, Verizon Wireless, and US Cellular. The first rumor is that both the Sprint model and theVerizon Wireless model will be launching with Windows Mobile 6.1 out of the gate while the US Cellular will come with 6.5 pre-installed. It's also saidthat both Sprint and Verizon Wireless have already begun testing 6.5 ROMs and that they are rushing to get an upgrade out the door, which means you'dprobably find bugs and glitches out the door if you're an early adopter. On the Verizon Wireless front, there is more good news. It seems that VerizonWireless is finally opening up and not crippling the GPS chip on the Touch Pro2 so that mapping programs like TomTom and Google Maps Mobile could actually usethe GPS chip. Moreover, the Verizon Wireless model of the Touch Pro2 will also come pre-loaded with Live Search and Bing Mobile. The question now is whichcarrier to hop on and sign your life away in the form of a two-year service agreement for a Touch Pro2 model. If you're still not sure that CDMA is theroute for you, check out the T-Mobile Touch Pro2 review and decide whether you want to go with T-Mobile or AT&T for the Tilt2.

Flashed the evil hero rom on to my mytouch and it is
pimp.gif
x10

Hero interface> any other phone interface imo

Man, flashvideobundle with tcpmp doesn't work anymore because Youtube changed their naming schemes. I need an update to that bad

SCWAHP- What info do you need?
A Hunnid- Screen shots or any pics of it?
DatZNasty- Yup, I'm guessing you like the save function? The youtube app for WM doesn't come with all the videos you could find on a computerunfortunately. But its better than nothing. Hopefully the update comes out soon.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I guess, just a review compared to the iPhone. My contract is up in January. I like T-mobile's service and affordable plans but I love the features andease of the iPhone. So if I can get that combined (not jailbreaking my phone) then I'll be happy.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I guess, just a review compared to the iPhone. My contract is up in January. I like T-mobile's service and affordable plans but I love the features and ease of the iPhone. So if I can get that combined (not jailbreaking my phone) then I'll be happy.
The android platform is really good.
The iPhone is faster and the myTouch runs smoothly too and has the ability to self close apps when needed too. The home screen is simple, you have anotification bar up top and the menu at the bottom.
The myTouch is most customizable and I'm not sure if the new iPhone has multi-tasking but I know that the myTouch does.
The iPhone App store is obv better, it's been around longer. But the Google apps work nicely, I heard that the Google Voice app works great.
As for music, if you are lke most people and have all your music on iTunes...it's easier to get the iPhone.
But for the most part, they have many similairites but is the myTouch an iPhone killer, certainly not but it really comes down to what you personally like.

$350...after $100 mail in rebate for sprint's TP2!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yea ima have to hold out a bit, unless i get a link for a cheaper price.

So it's $450 upfront with a 2-yr?
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Eff Sprint. I might go ahead scoop up an iphone this week.

I'm debating on getting the Diamond 2 or TP2 as an upgrade in March but I know by then the price is still gonna be high

Windows Mobile 6.5 & Marketplace to be Launched on Oct. 6
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
Tuesday, September 1st at 08:35 AM

We knew Windows Mobile 6.5 and Marketplace were both slated to launch in the coming months, but now we might have an actual date. According to Mobile News, Microsoft has announced that Windows Mobile 6.5, Marketplace and My Phone (cloud storage service) will be officially launched on October 6th.

This will mark the global launch of handsets running Windows Mobile 6.5 and current, eligible handsets (like the Touch Pro2), should receive a free update around that date as well. We'll keep you posted as we receive more information. For now, circle that date on your calendars, it will be a good one for Windows Mobile enthusiasts world wide.

Update: It's confirmed, Microsoft has, in fact, announced the launch date of WM6.5 and Marketplace. CNET helps shed some more light on the matter by stating, "The software maker said on Tuesday that the first phones running Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch worldwide on October 6 and will include phones running on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless." Specific handsets were not mentioned. Also not confirmed, is the amount of apps that have been submitted & approved for Marketplace.

(Via: Mobile News & CNET)

WM65.jpg

Game Extracted from AT&T HTC Diamond2 ROM
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
Tuesday, September 1st at 06:17 AM

If you're an AT&T subscriber awaiting the launch of the HTC Touch Diamond2, codenamed the Warhawk, why not enjoy a game that will come preloaded with the device? In fact, the rest of us can also take the game for a spin.

Jmckeejr has been kind enough to extract Collapse Chaos from the dumped Warhawk ROM. It's a fully functional touch game that follows the lead of other popular puzzle games like Bejeweled, Tetris and Bubble Breaker. The addictive game has two modes: Quest and Quick Play. As you progress through the game, you unlock more options. It should work for most resolutions (let us know if it doesn't for you) and you can download it from

http://forum.xda-develope...=4443107&postcount=1

CollapseChaos.JPG

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

#!#+ the HTC TouchPro2, I'm getting a BB Tour

Why not HTC love?
frown.gif

Oh nvm I'm guessing you had Sprint/Verizon and had a TP, for some reason those two companies have had problems with their TP's

HTC Touch2, First Windows Phone with WM6.5 Coming Oct. 6
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
September 2nd, 2009 at 05:20 AM
HTC announced via press release today that they will be launching the HTC Touch2 very soon. The Touch2 will be their first phone branded with the new "Windows Phone" name straight out of the gate. The press release doesn't give much info away regarding hardware specs, but it looks to be the HTC Mega. According to specs leaked earlier, this Windows Phone is a mid-range device sporting a 2.8" QVGA screen and 3.2MP camera. It's expected to come with the Qualcomm MSM7225(528MHz) under the hood.

Of course, the Touch2 will launch with Windows Mobile 6.5, Marketplace, My Phone and the latest Internet Explorer. The HTC Touch2 will initially be available to customers on October 6 with broad availability in a variety of European and Asian markets in early Q4 2009. We'll keep you posted as more details come in. Read the full press release after the break.

Update: You can view the full specs and more images of the Touch2 from HTC's site.

Press Release:

New HTC Touch2[emoji]8482[/emoji] Smartphone Delivers Full Touch Experience

As a new Windows[emoji]174[/emoji] phone, HTC Touch2 delivers a simple and smart experience that makes it easier to stay in touch with the people and information in your life

TAIWAN - SEPTEMBER 2nd, 2009 - HTC Corporation today introduced the HTC Touch2[emoji]8482[/emoji], a compact and stylish smartphone that is one of the first Windows[emoji]174[/emoji] phones. Utilizing Windows Mobile 6.5[emoji]174[/emoji] and new services like Microsoft My Phone and Windows Marketplace for Mobile, HTC Touch2 delivers a full touch experience that enables you to do all the things you want on your phone easily. The Touch2 expands HTC's portfolio of touch-based phones and is focused on delivering an advanced touch experience to a broader group of people.

"The HTC Touch2 delivers a familiar touch experience that millions of people have come to expect and rely on from HTC in their daily lives," said Peter Chou, Chief Executive Officer, HTC Corporation. "Whether it's making a call, checking in with a friend or simply responding to an important email, the HTC Touch2 puts you in touch and in control."

The HTC Touch2 ensures that everything is at your fingertips in a compact design that fits comfortably in your hand. An advanced smartphone with everything you expect and more, the HTC Touch2 includes a variety of HTC enhancements including TouchFLO, an enhanced user interface that includes integrated weather updates and quick touch access to a variety of the most popular applications. In addition, the Touch2 includes Google Maps for Mobile, YouTube and more.

As a new Windows phone, the HTC Touch2 showcases the powerful messaging, browsing and productivity capabilities delivered by Windows Mobile 6.5. Offering a best in class e-mail experience complete with the ability to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange, you have the ability to check and manage multiple email accounts.

With the re-designed Internet Explorer Mobile, the Touch2 accurately displays desktop style Web pages, allowing people to experience content in the way it is meant to be viewed. The HTC Touch2 includes a zoom bar for reflowing text to an optimum size. In addition, you can pan and zoom to find and enjoy what you are looking for more easily. Internet Explorer Mobile also supports Adobe Flash, enabling Flash video content, like YouTube, to be viewed easily.

With a Windows phone you can now easily find and download a wide variety of applications onto the HTC Touch2 via the new Windows Marketplace for Mobile. Microsoft's new My Phone service enables you to automatically back up and synch photos, music, contacts and text messages for free from the Touch2 to the web.

Availability:

The HTC Touch2 will initially be available to customers on October 6 with broad availability in a variety of European and Asian markets in early Q4 2009.

About HTC:

HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry and continues to pioneer industry-leading mobile experiences through design, usability and innovation that is sparked by how the mobile phone can improve how people live and communicate. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.

(Via: Tech Radar)

Download_01_HTC_Touch2.jpg

Download_05_HTC_Touch2.jpg

Download_06_HTC_Touch2.jpg

Model HTC Touch2 (T3333)
Processor Qualcomm[emoji]174[/emoji] MSM7225[emoji]8482[/emoji], 528 MHz
Operating System Windows Mobile[emoji]174[/emoji] 6.5 Professional
Memory ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 256 MB
Dimensions (LxWxT) 104 X 55 X 12.9 mm (4.1 X 2.16 X 0.51 inches)
Weight 110 grams (4 ounces) with battery
Display 2.8-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with QVGA resolution
Network HSPA/WCDMA:

Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz
Up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds

Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

Europe/Asia: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

(Band frequency and data speed are operator dependent.)
Device Control Zoom bar
GPS Internal GPS antenna
Connectivity Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
Wi-Fi[emoji]174[/emoji]: IEEE 802.11 b/g
3.5 mm audio jack
HTC ExtUSB[emoji]8482[/emoji] (11-pin mini-USB 2.0)
Camera 3.2 megapixel color camera with fixed focus
Audio supported formats AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
Video supported formats WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, AVI
Battery Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Capacity: 1100 mAh
Talk time:

Up to 370 minutes for WCDMA
Up to 440 minutes for GSM

Standby time:

Up to 500 hours for WCDMA
Up to 370 hours for GSM

(The above are subject to network and phone usage.)
Expansion Slot microSD[emoji]8482[/emoji] memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
DC output: 5V and 1A

Back
Top Bottom