Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Few questions regaurding HTC and Verizon.

Is the TouchPro2 looking like teh best option for Verizon when it comes out?
What are the benefits of hacking into it?

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

1. What are the benefits of flashing a new rom?
Flashing a New Rom basically gets rid of all the bloatware thats included on Stock Roms and Flashes a Clean, Optimized, Fully loaded Rom that will squeezeevery ounce of speed and stability from your phone. Chefs usually include all the programs you are ever likely to need and because the Rom has been cleaned outyou are left with more memory to play around with.

In terms of phones on Verizon, they have BB's and some LG's, they will also have the HTC Whitestone which is their version of the Diamond 2 and an HTCdumbphone.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Flashing a New Rom basically gets rid of all the bloatware thats included on Stock Roms and Flashes a Clean, Optimized, Fully loaded Rom that will squeeze every ounce of speed and stability from your phone. Chefs usually include all the programs you are ever likely to need and because the Rom has been cleaned out you are left with more memory to play around with.

In terms of phones on Verizon, they have BB's and some LG's, they will also have the HTC Whitestone which is their version of the Diamond 2 and an HTC dumbphone.
See i dont really know the diffrence between all of those HTC phones.
I can see you know what your talking about so whats the best in your opinion.

I was looking at videos at the HTC Touch Pro2 and it looked pretty dam imressive to me.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Flashing a New Rom basically gets rid of all the bloatware thats included on Stock Roms and Flashes a Clean, Optimized, Fully loaded Rom that will squeeze every ounce of speed and stability from your phone. Chefs usually include all the programs you are ever likely to need and because the Rom has been cleaned out you are left with more memory to play around with.

In terms of phones on Verizon, they have BB's and some LG's, they will also have the HTC Whitestone which is their version of the Diamond 2 and an HTC dumbphone.
See i dont really know the diffrence between all of those HTC phones.
I can see you know what your talking about so whats the best in your opinion.

I was looking at videos at the HTC Touch Pro2 and it looked pretty dam imressive to me.
I guess it comes down to what your gonna use it for and how much you are willing to spend.
If you don't like just having a touch screen phone, the Whitestone is out of question. But if you want a phone with a physical keyboard and touch screencapabilities, then go with the Touch Pro 2.
Idk the specs of Verizons version of the Diamond 2 but I know that the Touch Pro 2 is better than the regular Diamond 2 when it comes to comparing specs, theDiamond 2 does have a better camera

HTC Tattoo - Customizable Inside-Out
Posted by Anton D. Nagy
Tuesday, September 8th at 07:15 AM

HTC is releasing a new device, called Tattoo, a device which according to it's official section will be one allowing you to fully customize it inside-out.

While still an Android powered device, it sports Qualcomm[emoji]174[/emoji] MSM7225[emoji]8482[/emoji] at 528 MHz, QVGA resolution, 512 MB ROM and 256 MB of RAM and 3.5 MP camera. Among the special features, there's G-sensor, Digital Compass and FM Radio.

What will make this device truly unique according to HTC will be the "changeable covers and customization possibilities". Tattoo comes packed with the tools to keep you connected, such as Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.

Unfortunately, still a QVGA...

Download_01_HTC_Tattoo.jpg

I think the American versions take out the FM radio, do to frequency problems maybe.
But I how they come out with a Pandora, Last.fm app for free

Windows Mobile 7.0 Might Be in Beta Now, on Phones in April 2010
By Rosa Golijan, 6:30 PM on Fri Sep 4 2009, 9,968 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)

Copy this whole post to another site
Slurp cancel
sending request

Windows Mobile 7 might be sneaking into beta right now, based on the LinkedIn profile of a Chinese Senior Engineer at Motorola. I certainly hope this speculation proves true-it means less time living with Windows Mobile 6.5.

Looks like LinkedIn might be working well for Hand Huang's because his profile certainly caught some attention for this little blurb (emphasis mine):

3. Joining Caesar product development, lead a team to do telephony feature and other applications development. Migrated relative applications from Windows Mobile 6 to Windows Mobile 7

Language: C++
Tools: VS2008, AKU, Platform Builder
Runtime Environment: Windows Mobile 7.0 (Beta)

According to Ars Technica, Huang might not just be fluffing up his resume. The timeframe seems about right for WinMo 7 to hit beta testing since it's been in development for years and there'd been a search for internal testers in the recent months. The timeline Ars lays out based on this information is that testers would truly be seeing the OS in November of this year, while we would see it out in the wild in April of 2010. The dates are loose and based on rumors, but when isn't that the case?

The way I see it is that WinMo 7 is pretty much Microsoft's last hope for a decent mobile OS, so I certainly hope this is true, shortening the time we'll have to endure Windows Mobile 6.5. [Ars Technica]

Can i get someone's opinion on how the Pre and the Touch Pro2 compare to each other? I've done some online research on specs and reviews, just want tosee how these phones stack up against each other. Price aside. I realize i'll be paying more for the Touch Pro2. THanks for anyone's input.

TP2 is en route to my crib today. I can't wait. I just had them bill my account for the price of the phone, so I don't have to pay it all at once. Thebuttons are falling off of my Mogul...its time, lol.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

why is the tp2 so damn expensive for sprint?! thats bs... i KNOW somebody on NT got a hook up...
Realtalk, where the deals at? Im not tryin to pay out the ##@ for the same phone with just a bigger screen. But if someone got a deal hook it up.If not ill just wait for the swap thing like they had with the Mogul to the Pro.

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Can i get someone's opinion on how the Pre and the Touch Pro2 compare to each other? I've done some online research on specs and reviews, just want to see how these phones stack up against each other. Price aside. I realize i'll be paying more for the Touch Pro2. THanks for anyone's input.

I have no experience with the Pre but the OS does look very nice. It's by Linux but it is closed sourced with open source components. The phone is gearedtowards the young generation, seeing how it's the only phone by Palm that can be comparable to the iPhone or even the G1. It's main focus is on socialnetworking. Even though the TP2 is somewhat geared for more of a business person, there is a lot that you can do with it...office mobile, you can change theinternet browser, different aim apps, twitter apps, etc. I really don't know how the app market is for the Pre and how big it is, but quality does beatquantity. I know that the WM will be good.

my tp has had it...i put in for a replacement today. that thing just has a mind of its own.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

my tp has had it...i put in for a replacement today. that thing just has a mind of its own.
Mine is toast too. I think Ive gone through like 5. Granted a couple have just been cuz I dropped them and wanted a fresh one. But still Ive hadthe Keyboard fail on me twice and some goofy %%%$ was going on with my texts where everything would save as a draft so my drafts folder had like 1000 messagesin it. at one point just taking up space.

Tmobile got the Touch Pro 2 first but the are banking most of their money on the MyTouch. So thats the one they are pushing right now.

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

when are phones coming out for t-mobile
frown.gif

sorry havent had time to catch up on this thread been real busy.

Is the Hero dropping on TMobile?
Any other phones? Tattoo possibly that phone looks nice.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

when are phones coming out for t-mobile
frown.gif

sorry havent had time to catch up on this thread been real busy.

Is the Hero dropping on TMobile?
Any other phones? Tattoo possibly that phone looks nice.
nerd.gif

As of now the Hero is a Sprint exclusive.

Microsoft confirms 'chassis' concept for Windows Mobile 7, names Acer as WM7 OEM
September 9th, 2009 | Author: admin

James McCarthy, Microsoft's business marketing manager, has confirmed in a ITPro article that Microsoft is specifying certain strong minimum specs for Windows Mobile 7 devices to ensure the new mobile OS runs well and gives a good consumer experience.

WMConceptSaid McCarthy "In the future, we are looking to deepen our development work with a handful of key OEMs at the hardware design phase, with much more carefully defined hardware specifications to match software requirements, which in turn will deliver even more powerful mobile experiences for our customers.

This has led to this chassis' concept that is familiar to the work Microsoft does with hardware partners in the PC industry to create high quality products."

According to earlier leaks there will be at least 2 "Chassis" specifications, describing pretty high end devices. Chassis 1 specs is said to be as below:

WM7 Chassis 1 Specification

Core requirements:
Processor: ARM v6+, L2 Cache, VFP, Open GL ES 2.0 graphics HW (QCOM 8k, Nvidia "Tegra" AP15/16* and TI 3430 all meet spec)
Memory: 256MB+ DRAM, 1G+ Flash (at least 512MB fast flash - 5MB/s unbuffered read @4K block size)
Display: WVGA (800×480) or FWVGA (854×480) 3.5" or greater diagonal
Touch: Multi-touch required
Battery: Sufficient to meet Days of Use LTK requirements.
Controls: Start, Back, Send and End are required (soft controls allowed as long as they are always present).

Peripherals:
Camera: 3MP+, flash optional, 2nd camera optional (VGA resolution sufficient)
GPS: aGPS required
Sensors required: Light Sensor, Compass (3 axis, 5 degrees, 100 Hz sample rate), Accelerometer (3 axis, 2mg resolution, 100 Hz sample rate)
USB: High speed required, 20 MB/s transfer rate.
BlueTooth: BT2.1 required, must run MSFT BT stack, CSR BlueCore6 or later recommended.
Wi-Fi: 802.11B/G required, must run MSFT Native Wi-Fi stack, Atheros 6002 or Broadcomm 4325 recommended.
Connectors: Micro USB and 3.5mm Audio required.

Options:
FM tuner: If tuner HW is present it will be detected and supported by the Media application.
Haptics
SD Card (Micro SD recommended)
DPAD, qwerty or 12/20 key keyboards all optional

McCarthy also names HTC and Acer specifically as Windows Phone 7 OEMs.

"So Microsoft will not be creating its own smartphone using Windows Phone 7, but will work more closely with OEMs such as HTC and Acer to create the hardware that will incorporate Windows Phone 7 as a key factor in the phone's design." he said.

McCarthy was however unwilling to give a timescale for the arrival of Windows Mobile 7.

"Steve Ballmer has mentioned publicly that Windows Mobile 7 is slated for release in 2010 and we're always working with our key OEM and operator partners on future products, although we have nothing formal to announce for now."

Full article http://www.itpro.co.uk/61...ect-from-windows-phone-7

Back
Top Bottom