Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

ninjahood aint got @%*# on you
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

how much is the sprint TP2 gonna be im eligable for a full upgrade
I have no clue a new contract is $450 with a $100 mail in rebate

Sprint's Hero Lacks a Chin for $180
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
Thursday, September 3rd at 11:55 AM

We've talked about the HTC Hero coming to Sprint before as the carrier tries to compete against T-Mobile in the Android space. However, news of the new hardware version of the Hero--manufactured by HTC, the once exclusive Windows Mobile partner for Microsoft--has been spotted without the famous curved chin that debuted on the T-Mobile G1, which we had previously reviewed. Since then, the curved chin has appeared on subsequent HTC Android devices, like the Hero and the MyTouch 3G.

While HTC still makes Windows Mobile phones and is still the largest manufacturing partner for Microsoft, the firm has stated that it will grow its Android portfolio to consist of 50% of its phone lineup. The company's Windows Mobile portfolio for Sprint includes the forthcoming Sprint Touch Pro2 and the Sprint HTC Snap.

The Hero will come to Sprint for $180 on a two-year agreement. The device is coming on October 11th, five days after Microsoft's launch of Windows Mobile 6.5.

The Sprint HTC Hero, unlike the Hero that was previously released, will be made for CDMA networks. The Hero made a splash into the smartphone scene with its non-stick Teflon coating that ironically offers some degree of grip so that the phone is less slippery.

(via: Engadget Mobile)

htc-hero-200-chinless-rm-eng.jpg

Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 User guides, Interactive & Video Tutorials Go Live
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
Thursday, September 3rd at 09:33 AM

If you're a Sprint subscriber and can't wait to get your hands on the new HTC Touch Pro2, you may want to check out Sprint's product support page. On there, you'll find 6 videos showcasing functions of the Sprint TP2, interactive tutorials and a detailed user guide.

The videos cover TouchFLO 3D (drenched in orange accents), Email, Messaging, Sprint Navigation, Opera Mobile and there's also an overview video. Most of us know how all these features work, but it's great to see the Sprint TP2 in action. The interactive tutorials make you feel like you're using the TP2 on training wheels, but they still let you see the device in another light - prior to release. The user guide is a detailed manual, spanning 234 pages, that covers everything about the phone. It's interesting to see that they've integrated Sprint Nav into TF3D as one of its tabs. From Sprint's software to TF3D, the user guide covers it all and even provides many screen shots for us. This should hold you guys over until the phone is released early next week.

Head over to Sprint's support section to see the video tutorials, interactive demos and user guides. Get to know your future Windows Phone, so you'll be well versed on its functions before it's actually launched and in your hands.

SprintTP2INT.jpg

Sprint Touch Pro 2's are being delivered: Get yours yet?
Email this Story
Posted on Saturday, Sep 5, 2009 by Malatesta
3 comments »

Filed Under: News; Tags: touch pro 2, sprint, htc

If you've been following our coverage, you'll know that you can now order the Sprint Touch Pro 2 from Sprint telesales directly (866-866-7509).

A few lucky users are getting theirs delivered today -- a mere 24 hrs after placing their order! Not bad. Of course the rest of us (including yours truly) will have to wait till Tuesday (we loved that band) due to that Labor Day/Sprint doesn't deliver on Saturday's thing (boo).

So, did you get yours yet? If so, does it have unicorn support, fairy-dusted magic battery life and dream-fulfilling processing power? Let us know in comments!

TP2-KB%20Open.jpg

Verizon Touch Pro 2 rumored for Sept. 11, $199
Email this Story
Posted on Friday, Sep 4, 2009 by Phil Nickinson
21 comments »

Filed Under: News; Tags: verizon, touch pro 2, htc

Verizon Touch Pro 2

No hard and firm source on this, but we're inclined to believe one of the Boy Genius' ninjas who's dropped a hint that the Verizon Touch Pro 2 will be available on Sept. 11 -- as in one week from now. And the best part: Verizon again is going uber-competitive on the pricing at $199.99 after $100 rebate and the usual 2-year contract. (Remember that they undercut everybody with their version of the Snap, too.)

So, that'd make three out of four. Anybody think AT&T's prepping something for that Oct. 6 Super Duper Windows Mobile 6.5 launch day?

thumb_450_Verizon%20TP2%20closed.jpg

Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409
Email this Story
8 comments »

Filed Under: News; Tags: windows mobile 65, wm65, build 23409

Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409

Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409

So here are some screenshots of Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23409.5.4.0, snagged by Da_G over at XDA Developers and posted up at Redmond Pie. Here we see WM6.5 continue to progress to a more finger-friendly operating system.

What interests us more, however, is the following statement from Redmond Pie, which would confirm what we've been suspecting all along:

It must be noted here that the Builds in the 23XXX branch have nothing to do with the first Windows Mobile 6.5 powered phones set to launch in October. The version that will be launched on those phones are from 21XXX branch which were compiled last month. The Builds in 23XXX branch are perhaps more looking like a part of Windows Mobile 6.5.1 release.

That's right in line with what we've been suspecting. While that's no big deal for anyone who knows their way around XDA, it doesn't bode well for the more, shall we say, "normal" users, and those waiting for the Oct. 6 Super Duper Windows Mobile 6.5 launch day. Guess we'll just have to hope the carriers and manufacturers put out updates on their own. :-/

thumb_tall_wm654.png

thumb_tall_wm655.png

Firefox mobile Alpha 3 out for Windows Mobile
Email this Story
14 comments »

Filed Under: News; Tags: mobile browser, firefox, fennec, browser

The folks at Mozilla have released the Alpha 3 build of Fennec, aka the mobile Firefox browser.

Much-improved, says Mozilla's Brad Lassey (read our early Q&A with him) are start-up times, better panning, and some support for phones other than the HTC Touch Pro.

Go get the CAB file here, and if out there's running a brand-spanking new Touch Pro 2, let us know how it looks on there. (And remember, you can play with the Fennec lastest desktop emulator here.)

I think they shouldn't have messed with it at all. The design made it unique and now it kinda looks like a MyTouch variant

Hopefully the Tilt 2 has 6.5 straight out the box. Still no confirmed release date yet?
nerd.gif
I'm patiently waiting...

The Tilt 2 should be out in Oct., the Tilt and Fuze both came out in that month. But I do remember seeing that the Tilt 2 will come with WM6.1 and the Diamond2/Warhawk with WM6.5, idk if they are still going by that.

Mastamind- Can you do ur boy a solid and help me figure out how to flash hero on my MY touch 3g. I know its something on Xda developers but that looked likefrench to me. Or can you point me somewhere else where can i can find info like that

Originally Posted by datruth92803

Mastamind- Can you do ur boy a solid and help me figure out how to flash hero on my MY touch 3g. I know its something on Xda developers but that looked like french to me. Or can you point me somewhere else where can i can find info like that

Try these

http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=546261
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=540745
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=531617
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=551736
I don't know what they mean by 32A/32B
But if you have anything that I can't help you with, ask Hollakid. I know he is familiar with MyTouch

[h2][/h2]
[h2]HTC Hero heading to Sprint October 11th for $179.99, no chin in sight (update: exclusive to Sprint)[/h2]Semi-official no longer, Sprint has now officially announced the HTC Hero for its network. Here's the skinny: it's coming October 11th and will be $179.99 after assorted rebates. Also noteworthy? It's the chinless model we just spied just days ago, but otherwise it looks like the same internals, Exchange Active Sync, and Sense UI we've been toying with for months now, plus Sprint TV. Pre-registration (note: not pre-order) is now available for those eager to already claim stake. We can't help but notice there's no mention of exclusivity here, but regardless, well played, Sprint, between this and the Pre, you're amassing quite a nice collection, there.

Update: We spoke to Sprint, and the Hero is in fact an exclusive for the company.

pimp.gif
sprint know wats good

Back
Top Bottom