Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

An AT&T hookup would be nice.
I wonder if any of the phones now or that are coming out soon will be able to run WM7.
I'm not that familiar with core processors, don't know how the ones required differ and what not.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I wonder if any of the phones now or that are coming out soon will be able to run WM7.
I'm not that familiar with core processors, don't know how the ones required differ and what not.
as far as i know they wont be able to... who knows tho...
I remember reading an article talking about HTC making all their phones with the Snapdragon processor or something equal or better and howanything below that prob wont work on WM7.

finally gettin around to flashing my G1..
would the 8gb sd card be any different than using the 4gb as far as speed goes?

As of now it's WM6.5 , you can get a custom ROM with WM6.5 now.
They are also saying that there is gonna be a WM6.5.1 before WM7 is officially released. Over the last few weeks they have been putting OS builds like crazy,so idk if those are a part of the official which comes out on Oct. 6 or the 6.5.1.

Sure Lock since the sd card doesn't touch the internal memory it prob wont make a difference.

I kinda regret not copping an 8gb sd card that was going for about $15

good looks.. if i can find a cheap 8bg then yea if not 4gb should do
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

so will the TP2 be upgradeable to WM7 or just 6.5?

These are the rumored requirements which would make the TP2 and any current available HTC phone unable to run WM7 if true:

WM7 Chassis 1 Specification

Core requirements:
Processor: ARM v6+, L2 Cache, VFP, Open GL ES 2.0 graphics HW (QCOM 8k, Nvidia AP15/16* and TI 3430 all meet spec)
Memory: 256MB+ DRAM, 1G+ Flash (at least 512MB fast flash - 5MB/s unbuffered read @4K block size)
Display: WVGA (800×480) or FWVGA (854×480) 3.5" or greater diagonal
Touch: Multi-touch required
Battery: Sufficient to meet Days of Use LTK requirements.
Controls: Start, Back, Send and End are required (soft controls allowed as long as they are always present).

Peripherals:
Camera: 3MP+, flash optional, 2nd camera optional (VGA resolution sufficient)
GPS: aGPS required
Sensors required: Light Sensor, Compass (3 axis, 5 degrees, 100 Hz sample rate), Accelerometer (3 axis, 2mg resolution, 100 Hz sample rate)
USB: High speed required, 20 MB/s transfer rate.
BlueTooth: BT2.1 required, must run MSFT BT stack, CSR BlueCore6 or later recommended.
Wi-Fi: 802.11B/G required, must run MSFT Native Wi-Fi stack, Atheros 6002 or Broadcomm 4325 recommended.
Connectors: Micro USB and 3.5mm Audio required.

Options:
FM tuner: If tuner HW is present it will be detected and supported by the Media application.
Haptics
SD Card (Micro SD recommended)
DPAD, qwerty or 12/20 key keyboards all optional

I think HTC might start using the Tegra or Snapdragon processor
I have the link to the full article on the previous page if anyone is interested....it's a long read so prob not
laugh.gif

whats gooooooood? i REALLY REALLY REALLY need this phone...

I will try and have some info asap, right now im waiting on it. Theres many NTers asking me about it too.

Pm me for a hookup, I also got t mobile and boost mobile. I DONT DO BILL DISCOUNTS AND DONT PM ME IF YOUR NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AN UPGRADE.

In the future att phones should have wm7, maybe there will be an update.

Yeah I'm just going to hold out like I did to get the Touch Pro...

I'll wait until they start replacing Touch Pro's with TP2's...

@Mastamind89 It's now included in all "everything data plans." The cheapest plan is 69.99 for 450 minutes and unlimited data and text. Newcustomers can get it now, current customers get it when the next billing cycle starts.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

dog if you "lost" yo mogul you would atleast get a touch pro
laugh.gif
If only that was true I just filed a claim and they're trying to give another mogul.

I won't be upgrading my phone until March, I'll prob get the TP2 or Diamond 2.
As of now, it doesn't look like the current processors can run WM7, the beta version should be released in Nov to developers so idk

I thought that other's said before that the Touch Pro 2 has the same exact specs at the Touch Pro and the only difference was the cosmetic changes, buteverything on the inside remains the same?

Even though many specs are the same, there are a bunch of improvements...TouchFlo3D overall has improved

Originally Posted by CasperJr

dog if you "lost" yo mogul you would atleast get a touch pro
laugh.gif

i need that new-new. i just wanted to leapfrog the TP. its all good...cell phone companies are the lesser of evils. they're all out to screw you. i gota corporate discount on the phone on top of standard rebates & upgrades, so i'm straight.

I need somebody who knows how to do it, it's actually quite simple as u can either email the files from your phone, zip them, or put them on your memorycard and upload them to your desktop that way, to send me 2 files off their phone. In the Windows\ directory there's a file called read_note.htm andcompose_note.htm I need them so I can send and recieve emails/texts. Somehow mine got deleted

cell phone companies are the lesser of evils. they're all out to screw you. i got a corporate discount on the phone on top of standard rebates & upgrades, so i'm straight.
I will be realistic and say having a cell phone becomes a luxury at some point.

Think about how many people pay $80+ a month on a single line, and family plans? is just another bill that is combined and now a second third and even fourthuser makes that same bill go from $80 to $180 after taxes.

$80 is half a car payment on a good car.

Back
Top Bottom