Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Pictures of HTC Leo Windows Phone Confirm HTC Pro.Three
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
September 14th, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Earlier leaks of the HTC Leo, a high end replacement for what is thought to be the Touch HD, has been confirmed. The Windows Mobile handset will be sporting some serious specs, and will also be known as the HTC Pro.Three.

The device is geared at the multimedia enthusiast. Earlier leaks reveal these specs:

Other niceties include a gigantic 8-megapixel resolution camera with autofocus, G-sensor accelerometer, motion sensor, and light sensor, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, micro SD expansion, and a Snapdragon processor for 1 GHz of power. (Leo leak)

There is also dual flashes and we're still waiting for confirmation on the screen to see if it's capacitive touch!

(via: WMPowerUser)

pro3.jpg

thumb_350_HTC%20Leo%202.jpg

thumb_350_HTC%20Leo%203.jpg

htcleopl5_thumb.jpg

htc_leo_thumb.gif

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I really wanted to cop the TP2 but after seeing this,
eek.gif
I can def wait!
Thas if it reaches this side, remember the HD
smh.gif
Word, we wont find out until 2010 which is when I was planning to get the TP2. But I think HTC learned after not releasing the HD here, they saidnext time they would.

i wouldnt believe it

they still could relese the HD and move units with no problem

they always do this all the great pones dont come here for a reason

and that reason is simple money why give us the best when they can slowly "update" phones and milk us for everything they can

HTC heads...got a question.

Is still worth it to buy the HTC Touch HD (@ US $500)? Would it be possible to reflash and install the Android OS on this phone?

I'm currently overseas at the moment and wont be back to the US for few months...or should I wait for the US Version when i get back stateside?

I've heard read some problems with the 3G not working in the US as well.

I really want to the HTC Hero though. just cant find them at the moment for a decent price (Unlocked)

If you get the HD 3G won't work in the US, I'm not sure what else will not work. I'm pretty sure you will be able to put Android on it, thereshould be at least verison out. Because of the demand of the HD in the US, HTC said that the next version will make its way to the US. The HD2 will be runningAndroid. There is also the HTC Leo/Firestone I'm not sure if both of these will come to the US, neither of them my come to the US. Here a vid of the Leoand it has multi-touch

Originally Posted by Big ATZ

Originally Posted by CasperJr

dog if you "lost" yo mogul you would atleast get a touch pro
laugh.gif
If only that was true I just filed a claim and they're trying to give another mogul.

Exactly. Even though the Mogul is off shelves, if Sprint still has some in warehouse inventory, that's what you'll get...a refurbed Mogul. But ifthey don't have any in inventory on that day you file a claim, they'll give you an upgrade (prob. the TP1). Its hit or miss in regards to what theyreplace you with when you file a claim...

If you get the HD 3G won't work in the US, I'm not sure what else will not work. I'm pretty sure you will be able to put Android on it, there should be at least verison out. Because of the demand of the HD in the US, HTC said that the next version will make its way to the US. The HD2 will be running Android. There is also the HTC Leo/Firestone I'm not sure if both of these will come to the US, neither of them my come to the US. Here a vid of the Leo and it has multi-touch

I was browsin Newegg and they are advertising that it has 3G??? I saw that and I didnt think HTC released a US version.

So there's no fix for that 3G problem? I heard it doesnt play flash videos either...might just get an Unlocked TP2 for now.

If you get the HD 3G won't work in the US, I'm not sure what else will not work. I'm pretty sure you will be able to put Android on it, there should be at least verison out. Because of the demand of the HD in the US, HTC said that the next version will make its way to the US. The HD2 will be running Android. There is also the HTC Leo/Firestone I'm not sure if both of these will come to the US, neither of them my come to the US. Here a vid of the Leo and it has multi-touch

I was browsin Newegg and they are advertising that it has 3G??? I saw that and I didnt think HTC released a US version.

So there's no fix for that 3G problem? I heard it doesnt play flash videos either...might just get an Unlocked TP2 for now.

HTC Leo Photo and Screenshot Gallary Lusting over the Leo? It's alright...go ahead and admit it. We have yet to see a mainstream mobile phone with a screenas large as the 4.3" display found on the Leo. While the size may admittedly be impractical (the device still has to fit comfortably in your pocket),we're still drooling. This is a phone that is going to get a TON of attention when it's pushed out of the gate. The team at Ai.rs, who originallyspilled the beans on the Leo, has posted a vast gallery of screenshots and photos of the device. What's revealed (beyond just how ridiculously large thatscreen is) is that the Leo is indeed running Manila 2.5, complete with colored icons along the bottom, HTC Footprints, and deep integration with WindowsMobile.
leo.jpg
htc_leo_04.jpg
htc_leo_12.jpg
htc_leo_08.jpg
htc_leo_screen_01.jpg
htc_leo_screen_02.jpg
htc_leo_screen_03.jpg
htc_leo_screen_05.jpg
htc_leo_screen_06.jpg
htc_leo_screen_15.jpg
htc_leo_screen_14.jpg
htc_leo_screen_28.jpg
htc_leo_screen_36.jpg
htc_leo_screen_42.jpg
htc_leo_screen_49.jpg
htc_leo_screen_51.jpg
htc_leo_screen_511.jpg
htc_leo_screen_55.jpg
htc_leo_screen_46.jpg
Reality Apps to Come to HTC PRO.Three (Leo) Posted byChuong Nguyen Friday, September 18th at 11:10 AM With the latest videos and screenshots of the HTC PRO.Three, otherwise known as the Leo, this morning, anotherdelicious leaked screenshot shows a digital compass like the one employed by the latest iPhone 3GS, which could point you North in the event you're lost.On its own, the compass doesn't do much, but combined with some decent apps, the possibilities are out there for Windows Mobile. Some technology developedthat make use of the compass include reality applications, apps that use the camera to display what you're looking at on your phone screen--basicallylooking through a digital view finder--and adding a mapping layer on top of that. For instance, on the iPhone, Yelp's UI layer includes local restaurantsor neighborhood hotspots and shows the distance to the ones near you. Those, of course, would change as you pan and move around in different directions withthe aid of the compass technology. Another use would be astronomy software to look at stars. Point to the star using the digital compass and accelerometer andGPS and the program would be able to tell you what constellations you're eyeing.
htc_leo_screen2_06_thumb.jpg
Tilt2 Release Date for AT&T's Version of the HTCTouch Pro2 Eyed for Oct. 6 Posted by Chuong Nguyen Friday, September 18th at 11:16 AM Oct. 6 will not only be a big day for Microsoft and the Windows Mobileplatform, with the release of Windows Mobile 6.5 along with Marketplace for Mobile, but for carriers and manufacturing partners. It is now rumored thatAT&T's version of the Touch Pro2 is rumored for that release date as well, and we're hoping we get to see Windows Mobile 6.5 come straight out ofthe box. Update: The revised target launch is now October 18 due to some last minute bugs according to BGR. AT&T's version will most likely be calledthe Tilt2.
att-touch-pro2-itw-1.jpg
HTC Whitestone to Land 10/6 on VerizonWireless as Imagio Posted by Chuong Nguyen Friday, September 18th at 11:24 AM For American users who haven't seen a Diamond2 being released on any UScarriers, fret not as the HTC Whitestone is rumored to come to Verizon Wireless on the same Oct. 6 release date that the AT&T Tilt2 is launching. Lots ofchoices and lots of Windows Mobile 6.5 goodness to come. The Whitestone will be called the Verizon Wireless Imagio when it is released. It seems to be a blendof design from the HTC Touch Diamond2 and the HTC Touch HD, and hopefully should hold users over until the capacitive screen Windows Mobile 6.5 HTC PRO.Threegets unleashed to the market. Here are the specs, as enumerated by WMExperts: -Qualcomm 7600 @ 528MHz -512MB ROM/256MB RAM -3.6-inch WVGA touchscreen-5-megapixel autofocus camera/Anti-handshaking -gpsOne (aGPS and full GPS) -GSM/CDMA World phone We're definitely excited for 10/06/2009--that'sOctober for those countries where the date is placed before the month.
HTC-Whitestone.jpg
Verizon to Get Android from HTC as the Predator Posted by Chuong Nguyen Friday, September 18th at 11:34 AM Will you be prey to Android? VerizonWireless will join T-Mobile and Sprint with its own Android handset from HTC dubbed the Predator. All that is known at this time is that the Predator will droplater in October with Android on board, joining another October HTC release in the HTC Imagio.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I don't think there is a fix for it, I know from previous situations that the 3G won't work because of the frequency and I don't a fixwould be able to solve it.

As for flash idk, if it doesn't you can prob flash WM6.5 and it should work.

sup guys idk why this my first time posting in here but anyway. im thinking about flashing my touch pro so what the best ROM to get? im that has games,apps,and everything in between. im already a member on xda & ppcgeeks i just need to pointed in the right direction.

I don't know if there is a "best" ROM. I've been a user of NATF's (xda-dev forum) 6.1 v 4.7 rom for quite some time. It's extremelystable with a lot of great features. I plan on upgrading to 6.5 soon, but I haven't decided on a ROM that I would like to use yet. NRGZ28's Genesis 6.5ROM and TAEL's 6.5 ROM both look very promising. I may upgrade this weekend.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=440

thanks 4wrestling, i wanna upgrade to 6.5 also ive got the stock rom with a ton of apps i just wanna pimp my touch til that tp3 drops lol. i was gonna get thetp2 but i can wait. the only think i dont like is all the pages you gotta go thru with xda to find what you want. if and when you flash your rom to 6.5 lemmeknow how it comes out.

p.s. does active sync still work after flashing?

There is no word of if the Leo will even come to the US

Active Sync still works

If you ever have to send your phone back to your service company, make sure to flash it back to the ROM it came with.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I don't think there is a fix for it, I know from previous situations that the 3G won't work because of the frequency and I don't a fix would be able to solve it.

As for flash idk, if it doesn't you can prob flash WM6.5 and it should work.
Thanks. I guess I'll wait until i get back home this November. I'm good with BB for now.

Back
Top Bottom