Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

For AT&T

The first two phones are the HTC Tilt2 and Pure, or Touch Pro2 and Touch Diamond2, respectively. According to sources at BGR, the 2-year subsidized price-with $50 rebate-for the Tilt2 will be $300, while the Pure will arrive at $200. Without a contract, the prices jump to $500 and $350, respectively.

HTC Leo to Be Officially Known as HTC HD 2?
By Jack Loftus, 11:10 AM on Sun Sep 20 2009, 3,518 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)

Copy this whole post to another site
Slurp cancel
sending request

The buzz word in the portable space appears to be HD at the moment, with the latest bandwagon member being HTC and its HD 2 (formerly known as the HTC Leo, maybe).

The Leo-sorry, HD 2-if you'll remember, was that big and beautiful handset that was saw earlier this month. The 4.3-inch screen was impressive, but so too was HTC's ability to work around Windows Mobile's lack of support for multitouch capacitive screens, as seen in the video below:

need help:
i know im late, but, how is the htc touch pro???
i just read horrible reviews on it. that its super slow and battery life sucks.
it looks dope though!
pimp.gif
or am i better off getting a ozone??
thanks.

for those with the myt3g did u flash it and if so what rom are u using..any screen shots or info is appreciated.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Mastamind...

From your post above (I cant quote for some reason) will AT&T get the Leo or just the Tilt2 (aka TP2)?

AT&T is getting the TP2 and the Pure(Diamond 2)

HD2(Leo) will come around to the US eventually unlike it's predecessor the HD. Chances of it coming to AT&T are good with the iphone exclusivity beingup in 2010.
Qualcomm 7600 @ 528MHz -512MB ROM/256MB RAM
smh.gif

KiiidTrash- Out of those two, I would def go with the TP. The Tp has more features to it, I think that touchscreen and a physical keyboard is always a plus

I'm really praying that the HTC Leo comes to AT&T. I will be upgrading in March 2010, hopefully by then it will be stated.

AT&T HTC Pure (Touch Diamond2) Pictures Surface
Posted by Brandon Miniman
Monday, September 21st at 06:33 PM

AT&T is the only US carrier that is getting the HTC Touch Diamond2, but in a slightly different flavor called the Pure. The Pure was previously known as the HTC Warhawk back when it was first spotted last spring. It's a candybar device with no slide out keyboard, and a large 3.2" WVGA display.

Here we have some early pictures of the Pure, which shows a more rounded casing compared to the European Touch Diamond2. The zoom slider remains, plus we still have the four hardware buttons along the bottom. We expect the Pure to run with the same 528MHz CPU and 288MB of RAM as found on the upcoming AT&T Tilt 2, and should be on store shelves as early as October for $149.99 with a new contract. It's also quite likely to launch with Windows Mobile 6.5 instead of 6.1.

pure.jpg

HTC moving away from Qualcomm, evaluating Broadcom chipsets
September 22nd, 2009 | Author: admin

In a move which will delight many, Digitimes reports HTC is looking at alternate chipset suppliers for their smartphones.

On the entry-level and mid-range side HTC is looking at Broadcom, possibly their cost-effective Broadcom's dual-core CPU solutions.

On the high end HTC is only now entering the design process for Nvidia Tegra CPUs paired with 3.5G baseband chips coming from ST-Ericsson, but in what will come as a disappointment for many expecting a Tegra device from HTC this year nothing has been shipped so far yet.

More HTC Leo pictures, details

Some more pictures and information about the upcoming HTC Leo has popped up on XDA-Developers from an anonymous beta tester of the device.

Besides demonstrating that it is a monster of a device, especially compared to the HTC Hero, B3ler3fonte confirmed the device has pretty good battery life, despite its anorexic frame, lasting 1.5 days of heavy use, including (defined by him as as watching 1 hour video, 2 hours of music listening and 1 hour of web browsing with 3g on all the time and some texting). He also confirmed the device will be equipped with USB Host, just like the Toshiba TG01, which makes for some interesting netbook-like scenarios with a small USB keyboard. Unfortunately he was unable to confirm the presence of a digital compass. The camera records in VGA, and the auto-focus is pretty fast.

The million-dollar question of course is when the device is arriving on the market, and B3ler3fonte reveals he expects it to be on sale by the end of November or early December.

220920090232_thumb.png

22092009025_thumb.jpg

22092009031a_thumb.jpg

Apparently build quality is fantastic, with the battery cover being made of metal, and the other areas (arrowed) being high quality plastic.
22092009028_thumb.jpg

22092009029.jpg

I see a 3.5mm jack and usb port
pimp.gif

They def will, it's def becoming a trend now and it will eventually be the norm.

They need to get Samsung on the phone and snap up a few of those OneDRam ARM processors.

Touch Pro2 has been out for a good 6 or so months. When do y'all think we'll hear about the TP3?

got my TP@ for sprint and its
pimp.gif
... i had the Mogul but never the Touch Pro so alot of it is new to me but it just feels mad smooth no lagging

just copped the touch pro 2 for verizon
pimp.gif
can't wait for that %%@ in the mail. messed with my friends tp2. its really nice. very responsive pluskeyboard is fire. if u want a smart phone cop this %%@. or the tour. but that keyboard is hella narrow.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

They need to get Samsung on the phone and snap up a few of those OneDRam ARM processors.

Touch Pro2 has been out for a good 6 or so months. When do y'all think we'll hear about the TP3?

We'll prob get minor info and pics around late Feb or so.
Generally, things stay the same, release date wise. Well at least for the US.

But if it is true about what the say about WM7, phones should be getting pretty nice/decent processors just to run the os.

I'm really looking forward to what HTC is coming out with next.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

pimp.gif
can't wait for that %%@ in the mail. messed with my friends tp2. its really nice. very responsive plus keyboard is fire. if u want a smart phone cop this %%@. or the tour. but that keyboard is hella narrow.
When you get that post in here what you think of it.
Im still in the dilemma of to get the Tour or Touch Pro 2.
Im pissed i went into Verizon expectin to check it out but found out they can only mail it to you.

Im still trying to figure out the Pros and Cons of the Touch Pro 2 over the Tour.
From my understanding you cant get apps like Blackberry?

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by sreggie101

pimp.gif
can't wait for that %%@ in the mail. messed with my friends tp2. its really nice. very responsive plus keyboard is fire. if u want a smart phone cop this %%@. or the tour. but that keyboard is hella narrow.
When you get that post in here what you think of it.
Im still in the dilemma of to get the Tour or Touch Pro 2.
Im pissed i went into Verizon expectin to check it out but found out they can only mail it to you.

Im still trying to figure out the Pros and Cons of the Touch Pro 2 over the Tour.
From my understanding you cant get apps like Blackberry?

False, you can get plenty of apps for WM phones. It's just that the official market place hasn't been open yet.
There have been other unofficial markets such as handgo, that has been out for such a while.
Windows is much more customizable, the bigger screen that is also a touch screen is def a plus.

HTC PRO.Three in December with USB Host for $800
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
September 23rd, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Considering that HTC declares that they make expensive handsets, the rumored PRO.Three pricing for the Taiwanese manufacturer at $800 isn't too bad--the iPhone unlocked retails for around $700-$800. What's more is that we're getting a little bit of additional information on the PRO.Three, including December availability.

Read on to find out more about battery life, device build, and USB hosting capabilities on this high-end Windows Mobile device!

The device was recently spotted in someone's lucky hands as well (not mine, I can assure you that, else you'd have to amputate my hands to get the device out). WMPowerUser posted that the device will also have USB host capabilities, so you can perhaps plug in a hard drive, thumb drive, or input device like a mouse and keyboard. Perhaps this is HTC trying to capitalize off of all that Apple tablet hype, as the HTC PRO.Three, running Windows Mobile, can be a netbook/tablet replacement. The device is smaller than a netbook, but with USB host capabilities and the appropriate drivers, can mimic some more advanced features not found on many smartphones today.

Additionally, the device seems to be made from high quality materials, with a strong plastic case and metal battery door. We've seen that combination before on the BlackBerry Storm. Though the screen isn't mentioned to be made of glass, we hope HTC goes the extra mile here to truly give it a high end feel and minimize the risk of screen scratches on this high-end device.

Regarding the issue of battery life, the PRO.Three will last a power user through at least a day and a half! It looks like HTC may have optimized Windows Mobile to the fullest potential, giving power user an untethered experience without really having to worry about charging mid-day. Here's what WMPowerUser has to say about the device's lengthy battery life:

Besides demonstrating that it is a monster of a device, especially compared to the HTC Hero, B3ler3fonte confirmed the device has pretty good battery life, despite its anorexic frame, lasting 1.5 days of heavy use, including (defined by him as as watching 1 hour video, 2 hours of music listening and 1 hour of web browsing with 3g on all the time and some texting).

It seems that HTC has created a compelling device in light of the Acer F1, which lacks the capacitive screen. And it actually looks like a lot of you want the capacitive touch action, as seen on our recent poll. Now, let's just that HTC can rally developers behind the new digital compass feature for some reality view apps or programs!

Hit the link to WMPowerUser to check out more pics of this drool-worthy device.

HTC to Switch from Qualcomm to Broadcom Chips; Tegra in the Future
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
September 23rd, 2009 at 07:50 AM
In a move that may be welcomed by many in the Windows Mobile community who were burned by HTC's relationship with Qualcomm, it seems that the former is considering the latter's competitor in future chipsets in phones made by HTC. Though HTC and Qualcomm had a pretty stable and solid relationship, HTC is now considering other providers for future chipsets.

Read on to find out more about the future of HTC's processing power.

Tech users became sour with Qualcomm after learning that the chipset used in the HTC TyTN II, otherwise known as the AT&T Tilt in the US, was capable of so much more but that HTC and Qualcomm couldn't work it out amongst themselves to unlock the possibilities. Since then, some Windows Mobile users have become skeptical of the marriage between HTC and Qualcomm.

The good news is that HTC is now looking at a Qualcomm competitor--Broadcom--for chip solutions. According to WMPowerUser, Broadcom may be tapped for their low-cost dual-core chipset for HTC's lower end range while the high-end phones will utilize a NVIDIA Tegra chipset combined with a 3.5G chip solution (for wireless) from ST-Ericsson. Disappointingly, we haven't heard anything solid about an HTC Tegra phone this year. Even the highly coveted PRO.Three will be a Qualcomm-based device with a Snapdragon chipset.

Not much more is known about the split between HTC and Qualcomm. We just hope good things come in the future.

Any word when Sprint is going to start replacing Touch Pro's with the 2, like last year with the Mogul's lol...

i feel it breaking.. soon..

The Leo aka HD 2 will be released in Oct. overseas, I believe the Netherlands will be the first to receive it. It seems like HTC was really pushing for it andnot waiting on service companies. Hopefully we can get word on if it will come to the states or not soon, and as for the price for the phone brand new it willbe $800. Well that's what the US dollar equivalent is. As for Sprint I have no clue, try calling them and seeing whatsup.
For Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 Users, Marketplace Comes Later Posted by Brandon Miniman September 25th, 2009 at 05:44 PM Coming up in just a couple of weeks, a wave of Windows Mobile 6.5 devices will hit store shelves around the world and the doors to the WinMo app store, dubbed Windows Marketplace for Mobile, will open. Microsoft has made it publicly known that Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 users will be able to utilize the Marketplace, but not immediately. We've been in touch with Microsoft, and here's what we learned: How will older devices get Marketplace for Mobile loaded onto their phones? Would there be a CAB install file available? Additional details on using Windows Marketplace from a phone running Windows Mobile 6.0 or 6.1 will be provided by the end of the year. Stay tuned. So that means for the rest of us not getting new hardware, it's going to be another couple of months before we can start gleefully downloading apps. This waiting period may give Microsoft some time to soft-launch the store and squash bugs before tens of millions try to access the store.
New HTC HD2 build shows off animated wallpapers and Twitter Tab Written by Nick Gray A few days ago I posted a post with information about a newTwitter app that will be included on the HTC HD2. At the time, these was some speculation debating the authenticity of the Twitter tab. A few bloggers believedthat it was not developed by HTC, but rather one of the incredibly talented developers on xda-developers. Now, a few shot videos have surfaced that show offnew features of TouchFLO 3D, including the Twitter tab and animated wallpapers. We've seen the animated wallpapers in action before with animated ananimated weather background.

Back
Top Bottom