Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

im debating between this and the Nexus...but i have not yet read 1 good review for WinMo....i keep reading that android is the new big thing, and its only going to get better because its so hot right now...

also....that winmo 6.5 is just previous versions suped up...an that when 7 comes out, it will be the first OS to be built totally from scratch...

so my question....this or nexus 1...in like the coming days?

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

im debating between this and the Nexus...but i have not yet read 1 good review for WinMo....i keep reading that android is the new big thing, and its only going to get better because its so hot right now...

also....that winmo 6.5 is just previous versions suped up...an that when 7 comes out, it will be the first OS to be built totally from scratch...

so my question....this or nexus 1...in like the coming days?
well you could get the HD2 and run android on it. Best of both worlds

The reason why I got the HD2 (besides all the cool $*@$) was the fact I know ill be able to upgrade to the Android ROM soon, best of both worlds. Also, I know they'll be a WP7 ROM for the HD2, its very capable of running a unofficial version from Microsoft. Speaking of which, here is a WP7 theme

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

The reason why I got the HD2 (besides all the cool $*@$) was the fact I know ill be able to upgrade to the Android ROM soon, best of both worlds. Also, I know they'll be a WP7 ROM for the HD2, its very capable of running a unofficial version from Microsoft. Speaking of which, here is a WP7 theme

THATS what im talking about.............If everybody is saying the supersonic is just an HD2 with android.....then they should have that ported to the HD2 a few months after it releases this summer.

[h1]Unlock T-Mobile HD2 with HSPL2[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 26-Mar-10 | 4 Comments

unlock_image.jpg

The guys at XDA work quickly! If you want to unlocked your T-Mobile HD2 so that you can get have more control over the software it runs (and remember, doing this WILL void your warranty), head on over to XDA and grab the file needed. Also note that unlocking your device incorrectly can render it inoperable, so be careful!

Is it possible to get the HD2 for free as an upgrade with T-Mo or is it 199.99 for everyone?

I'm on a family plan and my dad has never gotten an upgrade and we've had the plan for over 7-8 years. Any input would be great

HD2 sold out in the first 4 hours it was available in some stores. i knew it was going to be a hit, but i didn't think it was going to do THAT well

[h1]T-Mobile HD2 Includes Mac Syncing Support[/h1]

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 26-Mar-10 | 1 Comments

mainScreenshot.png

Even though the Mac community isn't very large, it is very loud, especially when it comes to Microsoft's lack of support for the platform. Well, T-Mobile's HD2 actually includes Media Sync software for both Mac and Windows. The software is made by DoubleTwist and is included on the 16Gb MicroSD card included with the device. You'll have to make sure the HD2 is in mass storage mode when you plug it into your Mac with the USB cable, but then you'll see the installer in the root of the disk that shows up on your desktop.

Macsync.jpg

Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it since my Mac is still on OS 10.4 and the sync software requires OS 10.5.

Originally Posted by chino905

Does anyone know how to switch from the Swype keyboard back to the regular keyboard on the HD2?
nerd.gif

When you have the keyboard open, there is a button in the middle. Press it and keyboard options should pop up.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

unlock_image.jpg

The guys at XDA work quickly! If you want to unlocked your T-Mobile HD2 so that you can get have more control over the software it runs (and remember, doing this WILL void your warranty), head on over to XDA and grab the file needed. Also note that unlocking your device incorrectly can render it inoperable, so be careful!

Is this just like or similiar to the iPhone? I read the thread, im sort of lost one what it does? What's the goodness out of it?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

can you get the pandora app on the hd2?

No, but there's Slacker Radio which I heard is a good alternative.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

unlock_image.jpg

Is this just like or similiar to the iPhone? I read the thread, im sort of lost one what it does? What's the goodness out of it?

Yes, similar. Besides unlocking the phone it clears out all the bloat-ware from the provider,  which makes the phone faster and allows more memory to be free. You can also install a custom ROM, such as http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=629033 developers usually list what they  have included and removed, you just gotta find the right one for you or you can just learn how to make your own ROM. Since the USA version is new, I'm sure if there are any geared for the TMO HD2 specifically but you can look for ones which say WWE(World Wide Edition I believe). But follow this
 http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=609477 and watch some youtube vids, seeing it really helps a lot and backup your phone. Also flashing voids the warranty so if you every want to bring the phone back to TMO/HTC install the stock ROM, there is usually a file to download, not sure if it's up yet since the phone is new.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Whats the best HTC phone for Verizon right now?

HTC Droid Eris(android) & Imagio(Windows Mobile) but the Incredible is coming out soon
So I should just wait for that then Ii im thinking about getting a new phone?

Nevermind: I just looked it up
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Whats the best HTC phone for Verizon right now?

HTC Droid Eris(android) & Imagio(Windows Mobile) but the Incredible is coming out soon
So I should just wait for that then Ii im thinking about getting a new phone?
Yea it's worth holding out for.

FUUUUUU

GOOGLE IS CHARGING ME SALES TAX!!!!!

so lame!
i sold my iPhone expecting me to pay 530 for the N1, but theres sales tax!!!!AHHH

Back
Top Bottom