Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i fell in love with the evo when i watched the demo video today
frown.gif
im on vzw

big deal, so just get da HTC droid incredible...

i don't understand da rumble with cats...its pretty easy, if u got sprint get da EVO4G, if u got verizon get da HTC incredible, if u on t-mobile get da nexus one.

each of em got pros over eachother, but essentially they're all running gig processors wit super phone abilities.
ive had the droid eris for months cant upgrade

you don't have to upgrade, just buy full price and stick da SIM card in it and you straight.

frown.gif
im on vzw

i don't understand da rumble with cats...its pretty easy, if u got sprint get da EVO4G, if u got verizon get da HTC incredible, if u on t-mobile get da nexus one.

each of em got pros over eachother, but essentially they're all running gig processors wit super phone abilities.

you don't have to upgrade, just buy full price and stick da SIM card in it and you straight.
CDMA phones don't have SIM cards, unless they are world phones but that wouldn't help really.
If he has the money to drop one a new phone, might as well make the switch to Sprint being that he rather have the Evo

frown.gif
im on vzw

VZW Phones do not have sim cards

perhaps...but if he's on verizon he should just get da HTC incredible.

and i dunno bout anyone else but i don't want any custom/carrier UI on top of my android...cuz from what im hearing thats leaving control of da carriers to cripple

or delay OS updates WAY later then what google can crank em out by.

it surely doesn't help, but carriers can still take their sweet %!% time on vanilla android.

i, for one, would wait on the updates if i can have the
pimp.gif
looking Sense UI instead of the dull stock android.

ninjahood or anyone else, the video on your Androids is it limited to time frames? Or is it as much as the memory can handle?

I want to be able to make some of personal flicks and watch them @ 720P
pimp.gif

perhaps...but if he's on verizon he should just get da HTC incredible.

and i dunno bout anyone else but i don't want any custom/carrier UI on top of my android...cuz from what im hearing thats leaving control of da carriers to cripple

or delay OS updates WAY later then what google can crank em out by.

HTC is the only company that has been able to make a solid UI....Blur is trash, the UI on the X10 is sluggish and same with the Aero.
But yes, custom UI's do cause OS updates to take longer but it also comes down to the service/manufacture. The Eclair update dropped in Jan and a lot of phones with no custom UI still haven't gotten it.
But if someone really wants it and can't wait they can always hack it.
Smh at these companies still putting out phones with 1.6

[h2]Windows Phone(Mobile?) 7 ROM LEAKED… Thanks XDA[/h2]
May 15th, 2010 | Author: Wen(WM)

Well like many people hoped… Windows Phone 7 has already been leaked. This leak comes from XDA as usual, and from a guy who managed to get a ROM for Windows Phone 7. The ROM was made for the HTC Mondrian (Cingular USA). The information is not really pilling up yet since this was only discovered two hours ago. Thankfully the one guy that is pretty much the ROM pimp of XDA is working on it.

Da_G:
This .nbh is unsigned, I made a private build of NBHImageTool to work with unsigned .nbh, after I clean up the code a bit I’ll update my thread with that. For now here’s the .nbh dump:

http://hotfile.com/dl/42937584/47038…g_WP7.rar.html

Note that the os.nb inside bears a D000FF header, which is different from a WM 6.x .nb, .nb0, or .bin.. it also has no FlashLayoutSector and no IMGFS. So more than likely none of the existing tools will work to dump that yet. I’ll get on the job after I update NBHImageTool

Via: Mobileblab
thread over at XDA

Originally Posted by CasperJr

best buy giving out 50 dollar gift cards for pre orders on the evo so that brings it down to 150
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LOL that gift card is towards the purchase.  When you pre-order they give you the $50 gift card, which is what the $50 pre-order is for.  Radio Shack has a better deal IMO $20 Credit towards accessories. 

I got a question. I have the OG SERO plan, and out of contract. Can i just purchase the phone (EVO) itself for 5 or 6 hundred w.e it is, without the contract, and still keep my SERO plan? or would i be forced to take another plan?
Most likely not.
 if u get the evo on ur family plan all ull pay for is extra $10/month for premium net service to work on the evo, u can also get the wifi extra for $30/month
you can add the wifi plan anytime, it wont extend your contract at all.
is the Evo $450 without plan? If so it is copped.
More like $550-580

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I got a question. I have the OG SERO plan, and out of contract. Can i just purchase the phone (EVO) itself for 5 or 6 hundred w.e it is, without the contract, and still keep my SERO plan? or would i be forced to take another plan?
Most likely not.

if u get the evo on ur family plan all ull pay for is extra $10/month for premium net service to work on the evo, u can also get the wifi extra for $30/month

More like $550-580

^ what are you talking about?

its already confirmed that the evo 4g is 450 retail

im not sure if sprint is as bad as verizon, but i know ATT and Tmobile, they cant force you to have a plan if you decide to pay for a phone unsubsidized, so i would assume they would allow you to use your phone on the SERO plan for voice only, not sure how data would work, but im really not sure, its easier with GSM networks to just swap sim cards

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

ISRAEL5EKLA said:

Most likely not.

More like $550-580

im not sure if sprint is as bad as verizon, but i know ATT and Tmobile, they cant force you to have a plan if you decide to pay for a phone unsubsidized, so i would assume they would allow you to use your phone on the SERO plan for voice only, not sure how data would work, but im really not sure, its easier with GSM networks to just swap sim cards

yep.

but then again you can try your luck coppin da phone outright...thats leverage on your side since you already got it and they gotta activate da phone.

$450 retail doesnt sound right to me, ill believe it when I see it on paper.
I work in the business so $450 sounds a lil less then whats expected for them to ask for.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

as a Helio user I hope this phone is worth wait. been waiting since december for this phone to atleast have a release date
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

287f6n7.jpg

LOL SO RUTHLESS
On March 5, 2010, Sprint confirmed that Virgin Mobile Postpaid Customers, a euphemism for Helio customers, would have to switch to Sprint or another carrier by May 25th, 2010, because Helio cell phones will no longer work after that date.

11qu8hh.gif

^^^ Do u really see HTC makin a swivel screened phone? I for one don't. If they do, I'm sure it won't look as gimmicky as the Sharp version of the Sidekick. While I agree the SK is a bad name for association, only time will tell.

i disagree, they got a VERY loyal fan base..and if they packing da muscle like a superphone like EVO4G, nexus one, incredible, etc. then expect people who got

really old blackberry/sidekicks to flock to this in droves.

franchises aren't something you just toss away.

My 16 year old cuzzo is gonna have a heart attack when he hears this.

He's still on his Sidekick LX from '07 (He broke his unlocked 2009 that he got a few months ago...idiot).

He will not give up this SK for nothin...So this should make him mad happy.

Man this HTC x Sidekick x ANDROID twist is music to my ears. 4.3 inch SUPER AMOLED display, new snapdragon, front facing camera, 16 GB on board storage, and traditional sidekick qwerty keyboard has made me fall back from the evo. Can u imagine the custom roms the xda devs will come out with for this phone ? I knew HTC would have something up their sleeve for tmobile
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom