Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

my dad wants an ipad so i wanna get him one for fathers day

how many people are satisfied with just wi-fi and no 3G?

i might just get him the ipad 1 refurb from the apple store

my dad wants an ipad so i wanna get him one for fathers day

how many people are satisfied with just wi-fi and no 3G?

i might just get him the ipad 1 refurb from the apple store

unless you/your dad needs internet on the go...go with the wifi version. Most places have free wifi nowadays anyway. plus no extra monthly fee is always great.

unless you/your dad needs internet on the go...go with the wifi version. Most places have free wifi nowadays anyway. plus no extra monthly fee is always great.

Originally Posted by PO2345

I think I'm the only person in the world who does like an iPad 2.
laugh.gif

I bought one today and regretted it immediately. It nice to have and all, but I would rather have a MBP.

PO
Well, it's not supposed to really be a laptop replacement.  More like an alternative.  iPads are limited in what they can do compared to a computer.  I use it for games 95% of the time.

Originally Posted by PO2345

I think I'm the only person in the world who does like an iPad 2.
laugh.gif

I bought one today and regretted it immediately. It nice to have and all, but I would rather have a MBP.

PO
Well, it's not supposed to really be a laptop replacement.  More like an alternative.  iPads are limited in what they can do compared to a computer.  I use it for games 95% of the time.

Yo, what case are you iPad 1 owners rockin with?

I can't really get with the briefcase/techy/Trapper Keeper looking stuff. Someone recommend me a somewhat creative, clean and subtle case. I've been looking at the Dodocase...seems pretty legit. Anyone use one of these before?

I can't really get with the briefcase/techy/Trapper Keeper looking stuff. Someone recommend me a somewhat creative, clean and subtle case. I've been looking at the Dodocase...seems pretty legit. Anyone use one of these before?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

these are probably idiotic questions but I'd like to know.

If I purchase an Ipad 2, how do you actually get movies/tv shows on the device? Is everything streamed?

My question stems from, if you are on a plane and want to watch movies, you couldnt stream, you'd need it to be actual downloaded content.
everything is done thru itunes

how much do movies cost on there?

And if you are going to download some movies, do you need bigger than the 16gb ?
You have multiple ways to put content on the iPad. You can buy movies and music through itunes for whatever the going rate is, or you can use a service like netflix and stream.

these are probably idiotic questions but I'd like to know.

If I purchase an Ipad 2, how do you actually get movies/tv shows on the device? Is everything streamed?

My question stems from, if you are on a plane and want to watch movies, you couldnt stream, you'd need it to be actual downloaded content.

And if you are going to download some movies, do you need bigger than the 16gb ?
You have multiple ways to put content on the iPad. You can buy movies and music through itunes for whatever the going rate is, or you can use a service like netflix and stream.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

technically thats the same way. Is there a way to transfer it from somewhere else like an external? 

technically thats the same way. Is there a way to transfer it from somewhere else like an external? 

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I was rockin the Apple case, but the thing is a dirt/dust/fingerprint magnet so I ordered an Incase Convertible Book Jacket via ebay last week. You may not like that, but there some other dope options out there.  Check out Macrumors.com and go to the iPad Accessories section.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I was rockin the Apple case, but the thing is a dirt/dust/fingerprint magnet so I ordered an Incase Convertible Book Jacket via ebay last week. You may not like that, but there some other dope options out there.  Check out Macrumors.com and go to the iPad Accessories section.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

I know for sure there is an external that plays well wirelessly will the iPad but outside of that the only other way to connect externals is by using something similar to what is seen on this link
http://www.iphonehacks.co...mera-connection-kit.html

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

I know for sure there is an external that plays well wirelessly will the iPad but outside of that the only other way to connect externals is by using something similar to what is seen on this link
http://www.iphonehacks.co...mera-connection-kit.html

I'm thinking of buying on iPad 2, whats the alternative to MS office? Is there any way I can make ppt presentations or word documents on an iPad?

I'm thinking of buying on iPad 2, whats the alternative to MS office? Is there any way I can make ppt presentations or word documents on an iPad?

Anyone on iOS 5 beta? I've been using it for a few days and I'm loving the changes. Thumb keyboard is probably my favorite as well as notifications. It's much faster too (no checkerboard) Haven't used too many of the iCloud functions since I don't have an iPhone. I'm looking forward to the official release.

Back
Top Bottom