Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

for the people who need explanation on how to run programs in the background. you ONLY need to get backgrounder through cydia. what it does is that it allowsthe programs to keep running at all times, ie beejive. this will allow you to receive messages while your phone is locked. i believe it does run your batterydown but not by that much. backgrounder will give you options to do this for any program or app

Hey Guys,
I'm picking up the 3G today. I was just wondering whats your cycle on charging the phone? Like I know some rule of thumbs are not to charge overnight,everynight. So how often and long do you let it charge for? to maximize battery life.

Originally Posted by vansoffthewa11

for the people who need explanation on how to run programs in the background. you ONLY need to get backgrounder through cydia. what it does is that it allows the programs to keep running at all times, ie beejive. this will allow you to receive messages while your phone is locked. i believe it does run your battery down but not by that much. backgrounder will give you options to do this for any program or app
i understand that but does it make a noise like a text?? wats the difference between backgrounder and insomnia??

^^

it would make a noise if you select an alert through beejive or whatever im service you use. they will give you the option to have a noise, vibrate or none.

marath0n wrote:

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

Anyone here use beejive?

Yes. I use it occasionally.

Yeh I just downloaded it, kinda cool. Just wish apple will allow things like this to run in the background. Instead of getting the email notifications.

Get Backgrounder and Insomnia on Cydia. Works like a charm. Turns your iPhone into a sidekick
laugh.gif
do u need both backgrounder and insomnia or just one of them??
Backgrounder runs programs in the background after you hit the home button and exit out of the program. Insomnia keeps everything going after your screen turns.

i have a jailbroken ipod touch 1.1.5 but i want to update it to the newest jailbroken 2.0 or whatever it is...whats the easiest way to do this because ive beensearching for hours and cant figure it out, and yes i read the 1st pg of this thread.

if anyone is willing to help plz quote me or send me a pm...thanks in advance

Originally Posted by NewZ05

i have a jailbroken ipod touch 1.1.5 but i want to update it to the newest jailbroken 2.0 or whatever it is...whats the easiest way to do this because ive been searching for hours and cant figure it out, and yes i read the 1st pg of this thread.

I would say un-jailbreak it. Update the normal way and re-jailbreak it.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Hey Guys,
I'm picking up the 3G today. I was just wondering whats your cycle on charging the phone? Like I know some rule of thumbs are not to charge overnight, everynight. So how often and long do you let it charge for? to maximize battery life.
I charge mine every night; I use a logitech speaker dock...i sleep with music
embarassed.gif

I use my phone almost all day so i take my charger with me...so i get a full charge at night and maybe two 1 hour charges in the day...
I stay on the internet, texting and listening to music mostly.

I heard its good to drain your battery completely once a week or so because it resets the capacity or something like that...
Ive tried it but havent really noticed a difference.

Originally Posted by JefferyJay23

What I'm using now. Its the hook it up Iphone theme. I got it from cydia. I just ssh'd and deleted the background from the theme so I could use my own, and also d/led the 5 icon dock obviously.

I can't find this theme in Cydia...can anyone help?

Originally Posted by PatGelado

Originally Posted by NewZ05

i have a jailbroken ipod touch 1.1.5 but i want to update it to the newest jailbroken 2.0 or whatever it is...whats the easiest way to do this because ive been searching for hours and cant figure it out, and yes i read the 1st pg of this thread.

I would say un-jailbreak it. Update the normal way and re-jailbreak it.
ok...& i tried the "normal way" about 10 times today and no luck. any more advice anyone?

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Hey Guys,
I'm picking up the 3G today. I was just wondering whats your cycle on charging the phone? Like I know some rule of thumbs are not to charge overnight, everynight. So how often and long do you let it charge for? to maximize battery life.
I use my phone almost all day so i take my charger with me...
This is a MUST if you are constantly on your phone.
glasses.gif

Can a Iphone be hacked to work with Metro PCS, sorry if this has been asked.

South Floridians where ya at?!?!

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Can a Iphone be hacked to work with Metro PCS, sorry if this has been asked.

South Floridians where ya at?!?!

Metro PCS doesnt use sim cards so no.

i see some dope setups.. my iphone got hit out my hand by some girl and cracked the screen a little across the top right.. smh.. i had the case for it in mybookbag.. so those who think that 35 for a case is bad.. i spent 20something on mine and like dummy didn't have it on..

tomorrow i will have a series of news drops..

jeffreyjay.. installer? seriously? cydia ftw. j/p...

How come apple allows for all the copy cat phones???? Nokia, HTC are basically COPYING the design of APPLE's iPHONE.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

How come apple allows for all the copy cat phones???? Nokia, HTC are basically COPYING the design of APPLE's iPHONE.
well if thats the case, then apple copied the LG prada

they may look the same, but it does have differences

is there any other way to make the internet work on the iphone using tmobile's service?

anyone know the name of the APP where you can program your iphone to use as a remote controller for your TV? This guy i used to work with had it but i nevergot the chance to ask where he got it from.

Back
Top Bottom