Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

how the hell do i change where it says att by the reception bars(1)......and stack the icons on the menu(2)....as of right now i got a gears of war 2 theme...its straight for now but i wanna do custom sounds for when locking and unlocking it

(1) MakeItMine from Cydia (2) Stack from Cydia
smile.gif
good lookin out....anyone know how to customize sounds tho

There are different sound packs and such on Cydia. If you just go to Sections there are a few sound sections. We used to be able to use Customize, but they havent updated that for the new firmware yet. Hopefully they have it ready for 2.2 next week
nerd.gif
yea i ran thru cydia too many times and the sounds they got just werent what i wanted
eyes.gif
but 2.2 releases next week
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
am i gonna have to delete all the data in my phone just to upgrade to jailbreak again
nerd.gif

how the hell do i change where it says att by the reception bars(1)......and stack the icons on the menu(2)....as of right now i got a gears of war 2 theme...its straight for now but i wanna do custom sounds for when locking and unlocking it

(1) MakeItMine from Cydia (2) Stack from Cydia
smile.gif
good lookin out....anyone know how to customize sounds tho

There are different sound packs and such on Cydia. If you just go to Sections there are a few sound sections. We used to be able to use Customize, but they havent updated that for the new firmware yet. Hopefully they have it ready for 2.2 next week
nerd.gif
yea i ran thru cydia too many times and the sounds they got just werent what i wanted
eyes.gif
but 2.2 releases next week
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
am i gonna have to delete all the data in my phone just to upgrade to jailbreak again
nerd.gif

Unfortunately....I hate doing that, re downloading all the themes. But it isn't too bad. Just takes 30 minutes or so.

Thanx ratat, I keep coming in here with question lol my last one I swear

Is it true theres an employee discount you can get on your rate plan when you order the phone online, I want to know before I place mine

thanx

Originally Posted by needemjs

well I just copped the 8gb yesterday and I'm lovin it except the whole stupid auto correct can get annoying. But I have a question, have any of you experienced this...you put song on and all of a suddent the sound stops. The song keeps running but there is no sound. I turned my phone off and turned it back on n I haven't experienced it again. Anyone else?
This has happened to me a few times also.... it's rather annoying and I have no idea why it does that.

F updating to 2.2 , im not tryna lose all my themes and games just to get auto text correction off when i already did that. What other features is 2.2 gonnahave tho?

What source gave the info on 2.2 being released next week? I also would like to know what changes are supposed to happen if I do update.

every time I try to jailbreak my phone with the original firmware I had downloaded the 1st time when click browse and choose the the pswi whatever it'scalled nothing happens I can't click the arrow

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

What source gave the info on 2.2 being released next week? I also would like to know what changes are supposed to happen if I do update.

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

every time I try to jailbreak my phone with the original firmware I had downloaded the 1st time when click browse and choose the the pswi whatever it's called nothing happens I can't click the arrow
What jailbreak program are you using? And what firmware are you trying to jailbreak?

beejive users, does beejive setting appear on your settings panel? i wanna change a couple of things but i dont see it.

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

every time I try to jailbreak my phone with the original firmware I had downloaded the 1st time when click browse and choose the the pswi whatever it's called nothing happens I can't click the arrow

Make sure your picking the file you downloaded, I saved it to a folder on my desktop

I just picked up a 16gig today. The first thing I need to do is sign up for iTunes, but I don't have my comp with me cuz I just moved in with my sister. DoI have to connect it to my comp before getting all the apps and mods? And is there An app to get windows media player? Or at least an app to play .wmv 's?Posting from the iphone BTW

i downloaded tetris though appulous and installeous.. The tetris icon shows up but whenever i click on it, it shows for about 2 seconds then goes immediatleyback to my home screen... Help??
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dnob 04

i downloaded tetris though appulous and installeous.. The tetris icon shows up but whenever i click on it, it shows for about 2 seconds then goes immediatley back to my home screen... Help??
mad.gif

It crashed.
Restart your phone and see what happens.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by dnob 04

i downloaded tetris though appulous and installeous.. The tetris icon shows up but whenever i click on it, it shows for about 2 seconds then goes immediatley back to my home screen... Help??
mad.gif

It crashed.
Restart your phone and see what happens.

u sure? tried that several times and still having the same problem

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

???
My bad, I used to from someone else PB, and they deleted it.

Is it that hard to google "new features of iPhone 2.2 software update"?

???
My bad, I used to from someone else PB, and they deleted it.

Is it that hard to google "new features of iPhone 2.2 software update"?

Well.. this IS the iPhone thread. The updates were posted like 10 pages back. So I will give a re-up.
In the recent Firmware 2.2 seeded to developers there are a few very interesting hidden features:
-A switch to turn off the loved or loathed auto correction. Maybe now your lols wont turn in to LOLS.
-Google Street view. This is one of my favorite features of google maps. Street View is just neat. Now on the iPhone Google Street View provides 360° panoramic street-level views and allows users to view parts of selected cities and their surrounding metropolitan areas at ground level.
-Japanese emoji icons. These aren't used much here in the US as far as I know but are very popular in Japan. They are little icons to add to messages and are also included in 2.2 which may help Japanese iPhone sales.
There are a few other features that were leaked but I can't remember what they are.

The info I got about the firmware coming out next week was from a forum I visit that stated the 2.2 firmware has already been jailbroken (
pimp.gif
) 10 days beforeit's release.

RATxAxTAT - thats dope
smokin.gif
, I actually saw Justice this past Wednesday. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! It was way too packed though lol.

okay so i got a quick question about 2.2. i jail broke my 3g iphone, what do i do when i becomes available? do i have to restore the default settings thenupgrade or can i just upload without restoring the settings. the last thing i want is a $200 paper weight.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

okay so i got a quick question about 2.2. i jail broke my 3g iphone, what do i do when i becomes available? do i have to restore the default settings then upgrade or can i just upload without restoring the settings. the last thing i want is a $200 paper weight.
So your on 2.1? And you jailbroke it?

Ok, when 2.2 becomes available, you'll need to update to 2.2, then run QuickPwn and then you will be jailbroken.

any new apps worth getting?

oh and does anyone know where i could get some cheap iphone earphones or any kind of ear phones mine just broke
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom