Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

I have 2.2 it's ok but it feels like they updated things people normally don't care about man I hope 2.3 gives us copy,cut, and paste picture messagingand hell even though we got an app for landscape text it would be nice to have it on my regular text, but who knows they might just wait to put the crap on the"iPhone" smdh apple better start thinking fast because competitors are bringing it to them this year especially with that storm on the rise and theylucky the touch hd didn't come to the states

anyone else cop the Genesis and GBA roms? Some GBA games dont work but Genesis is RAW. MK1,2&3 and Street Fighter 2 FTW
pimp.gif

Quick question fellow iPhone owners I recently updated my iPhone to 2.2 and now everytime I open up Beejive IM client it quickly exits out.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Quick question fellow iPhone owners I recently updated my iPhone to 2.2 and now everytime I open up Beejive IM client it quickly exits out.

Incompatibility issues?

Try re-downloading it.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Incompatibility issues?

Try re-downloading it.

I'm doing that now hopefully it works I don't like re-dowloading apps. because i'm afraid that iTunes will charge me again LOL it's a recession

Can I buy an iPhone 3G with my debit card w/ a VISA logo or does it have to be a credit card?
I don't have a credit card, but i just did the online thing and the last step is to select a store to buy it at.
If i can use my debit card, I'm gonna go get it tonight.
I don't have a credit card tho
laugh.gif

Can someone help me SSH into my phone I have winSCP on my computer and open ssh on my phone, but the login keeps failing.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Can someone help me SSH into my phone I have winSCP on my computer and open ssh on my phone, but the login keeps failing.
Follow this guide

[PICTURE GUIDE] Setting Up WinSCP

For anyone who is on 2.1, that has an unlocked phone, 2.2 Jailbreak is out.

Follow this, new quickpwn link is at the bottom of the post, be sure to read the post before you do what you have to do.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Follow this guide

Follow this, new quickpwn link is at the bottom of the post, be sure to read the post before you do what you have to do.

Thanks a ton!
pimp.gif

Follow this guide

Thanks a ton!
pimp.gif
No prob, glad to hear it worked!
smile.gif

how do i put contacts from my iphone first gen onto my sim card? I added contacts into my iphone but when i put my sim card into another phone it doesnt havethose contacts.

Ok so I tried to do the whole install cracked apps thing and after I replaced the mobile file through ssh and rebooted my phone is stuck on the apple logoduring reboot, I tried restoring/updating/resetting and it saids Im not connected to the computer even though it pops up. Any help?

i dont have an iphone but my girl does. i'm trying to do custom ringtones..

she has 2.0.2
frown.gif
any help? PM please!!
smile.gif

should i upgrade my iphone 2g to 2.2?
And if i do, does that mean i have to jailbreak and reinstall everything again?

Originally Posted by mattbrink

how do i put contacts from my iphone first gen onto my sim card? I added contacts into my iphone but when i put my sim card into another phone it doesnt have those contacts.
Go to 'Settings > General > Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Import SIM Contacts'

Yes, I successfully finished doing it to mine.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2310
Read the post throughly ^^^ before jailbreaking.
Download quickpwn at the bottom.

Ok so I tried to do the whole install cracked apps thing and after I replaced the mobile file through ssh and rebooted my phone is stuck on the apple logo during reboot, I tried restoring/updating/resetting and it saids Im not connected to the computer even though it pops up. Any help?
d8335acde46eb7e84a0e01be00aa6fac44ad43a.gif

That sucks.

You should be able to download Installous through Cydia, and go to appulous.us, check like 3-5 pages back for spelling.
Download from appulous.us, hit download, then when finished, go to Installous and install, reboot, and the app should be there.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

i dont have an iphone but my girl does. i'm trying to do custom ringtones..

she has 2.0.2
frown.gif
any help? PM please!!
smile.gif
Do you know how to use SSH?

To make ringtone.

1. upload song you like to Itunes
2. Right click > Get Info > Options > Check BOTH "Start Time" and "End Time"
3. Select The interval of 15-20seconds you want as a ringtone.
4. Click OKAY!
5. Right click the song Click "Convert selection into AAC"
6. New Song file pops up right under the original song.
7. Drag New file onto desktop
8. Right click "get info", change file extension from Ringtone.M4A to "Ringtone.M4R", warning will pop up and click "USE M4R"
9. Close itunes
10. Click on the ringtone file on your desktop and WAAALLLAAHHH!!!! FREE Custom Ringtones on your iphone.

If that doesn't work, apply this step.

THOSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH CUSTOMIZING YOUR OWN RINGTONES AND HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE LAST STEP PLEASE READ

You MUST change the extension. Your Windows will not be set to show extensions so you will only be renaming the file which is USELESS. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS.

AFTER STEP 7. DO THIS.

STEP 8. Open MY COMPUTER and go to TOOLS -> FOLDER OPTIONS at the top
STEP 9. Go to the VIEW tab and it should open up a long list. UNCHECK THE BOX "HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES"
http://www.mediacollege.com/microsoft/windows/images/file-extension-02.gifhttp://www.mediacollege.c...ges/file-extension-02.gif
It should look like that.
STEP 10. RESUME TO STEP 8 FROM THE PREVIOUS LIST.

ALSO REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR RINGTONES 25 SECONDS AND UNDER OR IT WON'T SHOW UP
That should work, then sync.

If it doesn't lmk, I'll pm you this post, just so people know how to do it.

Originally Posted by icysoles718

is there a program to unlock the 3g i-phone such as ziphone? i wanna cop, but i am with t-mobile

No, your best bet is the 1st gen, no difference with the 3g and first gen besides different look if your on T-Mobile.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

should i upgrade my iphone 2g to 2.2?
And if i do, does that mean i have to jailbreak and reinstall everything again?

Yes, you will, I'm going through that process now.

Ok so I tried to do the whole install cracked apps thing and after I replaced the mobile file through ssh and rebooted my phone is stuck on the apple logo during reboot, I tried restoring/updating/resetting and it saids Im not connected to the computer even though it pops up. Any help?

If you're restoring from the backup and you keep getting the logo and spinner... then you might be out of luck. Same thing happened to me, and I losteverything. The only way I could get my phone back on was to restore it and set it up as a new iphone.

do i have to download anything new to jailbreak 2.2? like a new restorer?
Install FW 2.2 in iTunes, then if your on T-Mobile, you will get the 'Connect to iTunes screen'

Open QuickPWN 2.2 from the iClarified link I posted up there ^^^, and download 2.2 iPhone firmware from here.

And run QuickPWN, and you should be good.

Install FW 2.2 in iTunes, then if your on T-Mobile, you will get the 'Connect to iTunes screen'

Open QuickPWN 2.2 from the iClarified link I posted up there ^^^, and download 2.2 iPhone firmware from here.

After i jailbreak and unlock 2.2. Will i have to go back and do the ssh stuff and change permissions to use cracked apps?

if someone who is knowledgable of everything that has to do with the 3g i phone feels like helping a lost soul, please PM me. I've had the phone for 2months and didnt unlock nothing and know nothing about what I am missing out on. I want to jailbreak phone and everything but don't know the first thingabout it. THANKS to anyone who is kind enough to work me through everything i have to do, and tell me all the must haves and how to get them and work them....

Originally Posted by bonafide125

After i jailbreak and unlock 2.2. Will i have to go back and do the ssh stuff and change permissions to use cracked apps?

I'm not sure. I think Installous changes the permissions for you. I would love to test this for you, but I'm stuck in iTunes backing up my phone,trying to get 2 CD's and a movie on my iPhone.

Originally Posted by ChunkyBoys1

whats new on the 2.2 firmware???
http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

Back
Top Bottom