Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

google pwnage tool. its pretty easy. download, plug in, follow the steps.

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

How can I jailbreak my phone without reading the whole thread - or better understand what the front page means at all.

Just got an iphone last week and I have no idea how to do anything.
Read the front page.

It is your best bet, all of the iClarified links draw everything out, and I had no idea what to do at first, and reading iClarified made it so much easier.

^^im talking about how you have to pay $30 for internet each month and i was wondering if i can only get charged when i use the internet instead of alwayhaving to pay $30....im on AT&T

Originally Posted by acekilla408

^^im talking about how you have to pay $30 for internet each month and i was wondering if i can only get charged when i use the internet instead of alway having to pay $30....im on AT&T
What is the point of having an iPhone and not using the internet and other internet features?

finally got beejive its
pimp.gif

any other good apps?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Is there any tweak preventing new texts from popping up?

settings > general > passcode lock > turn off SMS preview. for dude that want cyrecorder, google it, I can do it cuz I'm posting from my iPhone.

I just copped the iPhone 3g and Jailbroke it and updated to 2.2. But I just read that I shouldn't do it because I'm a windows user and there is nopwnage tool for windows. So if they update again my baseband will update as well, and I might not be able to jailbreak in the future. Is their ne way I canrestore to resolve the problem until the new pwnage tool releases for windows?

Originally Posted by JCaliber31

I just copped the iPhone 3g and Jailbroke it and updated to 2.2. But I just read that I shouldn't do it because I'm a windows user and there is no pwnage tool for windows. So if they update again my baseband will update as well, and I might not be able to jailbreak in the future. Is their ne way I can restore to resolve the problem until the new pwnage tool releases for windows?
You can still use QuickPwn, that is for windows, and when it said you updated your baseband, as long as your staying with at&t, you will befine, because the only people that should be worried are people that want to unlock the phone. And updating the baseband makes it a longer time to be able tounlock.

No, it can be jailbroken, or unlocked through a special SIM adapter.
The official software unlock from the iPhone dev team is supposed to be released new years eve (yellowsn0w).

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Anybody have the old school game Street Fighter on their iphone? I don't know but I want to play it.

there is in cydia. I posted the source that you need to add a couple pages back. look for it.

Okay thanks i found it. Played for a few minutes and deleted it. It's useless to play these games on the iphone. the controls aren't good for touchscreens. I'll stick to games that work with the accelerometer or games that aren't fast paced. Playing Who wants to be a millionaire right now.

Is there any truth that Walmart might have a $99 Iphone on sale the day after Christmas (with a 2 year contract)?

I was googling it and a few sites showed up but I couldn't tell if they were legit. I rather get an Iphone than stick with my G1 if they're nearlyidentical in pricing.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

did you guys all pay for SwirlyMMS? my demo license expired
frown.gif

is there a way around it?
Figure out what version your on through Cydia. Just tap on it under pacakges, and then google that version and add 'cracked' at the end. Some versions have cracks, some do not.

Why whenever I sync my iPhone it backs up right after? I use to sync my iPhone before and it didn't back up and it was quick, now it's backing upeverytime I sync and it takes sooo long (my PC is dumb old). How can I just "sync" and not "backup" after? I need to bounce soon!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Why whenever I sync my iPhone it backs up right after? I use to sync my iPhone before and it didn't back up and it was quick, now it's backing up everytime I sync and it takes sooo long (my PC is dumb old). How can I just "sync" and not "backup" after? I need to bounce soon!

I have this exact same problem.

I found somewhere that it takes around 10 seconds for a backup, and I was so happy.

http://www.mydigitallife....eed-up-slow-sync-process/

Or google, 'iPhone backup faster' 'iPhone sync slow'

Those work, but try that link first

^ I found an alternate way, just hit the "X" button inside of the iTunes screen. It will sync the rest of your files and stop backing up.

Back
Top Bottom