Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

so once this is complete how do i go about d/l "yellowsnow"...which would make me put in my tmobile sim card without the gevey 3g sim card? and iwould be able to add apps ?..thanks for any help

If anyone is around to help that would be great...I have sucessfully d/l the iclarified program and it has restarted my iphone but when i put my sim card inwith the adapter it says "no service" so now i cannot use my phone...does anyone know how to help me?

yes...when i do this its says...."did not find repository" then a paragraph stating that it could not be found becasue you are trying to add a legecyinstaller repository...did i do somthing wrong?

Iam still having trouble with this....I have tried going throught he steps and it wont work with yellsn0w...I have the latest version of firmware 2.2 but onthe website for yellowsnow its saying that you need version 2.28.00 so im not sure if i have that even though i have just updated...idk what to do

^ the modem firmware has to be 2.28.00
if you are on 3g 2.2 firmware than your modem firmware is 2.28.00
after you jailbreak your 3g iphone you add the cydia source, it should work. i have 2g and i just added the source and it works. did you add yellowsn0w <-with a zero and not a regular O

how do i know that i have adeed the 2.28.00 it only says that i have the 2.2 (5g77) and yes i have put a zero and not a regular o....

^ when you go to general/about near the bottom it tells you the modem firmware
if cydia doesnt work try installer
Installer repo: http://i.yellowsn0w.com/

if both does not work, restart your iphone and do it again, if it fails again, upgrade to 2.2 and jailbreak again and go from there.

^ thanks..it does say that i have 2.28.00 i dont know why this wont work or why yellowsn0w wont add as a source..

^ start all over, rejailbreak your iphone by upgrading back again to a clean 2.2 and rejailbreak, than follow the iclarified tutorial. I do not know what elsewe can do in your situation. I mean i have unlocked my iphone 2g back when it first surfaced at 1.1.2, through that time i have had many experiences withstarting over and sometimes its whats best. Good luck and report back with your experience.

aight so 1 more question if i jailbreak and for somereason my phone starts actin up can i restore back to its orginal settings or is it jus a rap because iheard that once you jailbreak that the warranty is voided

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

^Did you download Status Notifier?...........The bubble just tells you that you have a text

I just figured out what it was, I have IBlacklist installed and one of the numbers I have blacklisted tried to call and the symbol on top was letting me knowthat they tried to call.

Originally Posted by Capital B Capital C

aight so 1 more question if i jailbreak and for somereason my phone starts actin up can i restore back to its orginal settings or is it jus a rap because i heard that once you jailbreak that the warranty is voided.
Yes, if you restore, Apple never knew it was jailbroken.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Capital B Capital C

aight so 1 more question if i jailbreak and for somereason my phone starts actin up can i restore back to its orginal settings or is it jus a rap because i heard that once you jailbreak that the warranty is voided.
Yes, if you restore, Apple never knew it was jailbroken.
worddddd good lookin ima try to do this asap

I got an iPhone back in Nov, but I'm just now getting some time to mess around with it....

How can I get a NORMAL sounding ringer? I hate...and I mean, I HATE the stock ringers that came w. the phone. I am currently using the "old phone"ringer, but I want something else. How can I go about doing this? Any help is appreciated...thanks

No to both of your questions LOL .. Forother ringtones check page 1.. And you can't have personalized text to gets unless you use ssh.. And add your customringers.... Customize used to e able to change all of that... Smh @ spicychiken

Doesn't look like operation yellowsn0w is going all that good..

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

can i put personalized ringtones for texts? im on a 3G jailbroken 2.2 FW

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I got an iPhone back in Nov, but I'm just now getting some time to mess around with it....

How can I get a NORMAL sounding ringer? I hate...and I mean, I HATE the stock ringers that came w. the phone. I am currently using the "old phone" ringer, but I want something else. How can I go about doing this? Any help is appreciated...thanks

Back
Top Bottom