Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

^just follow the steps bro. what exactly are u trying to do get a jailbroken 2.2 or just update to the new firmware not jailbroken?

My phone is jailbroken right now...i want to know if i upgrade to the 2.2 jailbreak will i have to delete(restore) everything on my iphone? i dont want to loseall my apps and music and have to downloaded em all back again

Originally Posted by Djoker33

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

^just follow the steps bro. what exactly are u trying to do get a jailbroken 2.2 or just update to the new firmware not jailbroken?

My phone is jailbroken right now...i want to know if i upgrade to the 2.2 jailbreak will i have to delete(restore) everything on my iphone? i dont want to lose all my apps and music and have to downloaded em all back again
Last night I backed up all my apps and everything but when I updated to 2.2, all my apps were gone and they weren't even showing up on iTunes.So I had to get them again. Your contacts will stay and your music will get deleted as well.

Originally Posted by Watchmelikeoprah

wow didnt know this post was so popping...look guys i jus found a iphone3g and i want to unlock it to tmobile or another network..1 how do i go about doing this?...do i have to buy a sim or something, download a program? 2 what is cydia or installer? 3 do i have to pay anything? 4 which one is better to have the 3g or 1st gen? i unferstand the 1st gen. is easier to unlock...
1. You must have a sim adapter, that can be found on eBay or Craigslist to use T-Mobile or any other SIMusing carrier.
2. Cydia and installer are places that you can download apps, themes, and other misc things. Cydia offers more thaninstaller, and I personally, think installer is worthless, so I did not include it in with my iPhone when I unlocked with quickpwn.
3. No, Cydia and installer are both free, but you can donate to the creators of these apps and themes
4. 3g is better if you are on AT&T because faster internet, but if you are on different carriers, then I'd takethe 1st gen, which I have, over the 3g because it is easier to unlock and I've personally tested the internet with AT&T's Edge and T-Mobile's$5.99 hack, and my iPhone beat my friends to Apple's website by around 6-7 seconds.

Hope I answered your questions they way you needed me to.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....1FOR THE IPHONE 3G THAT I FOUND I NEED A SIM ADAPTER TO UMLOCK IT AND THEN DOWNLOAD THE HACK QUICKPWN AND THATS IT? 2 HOW DO I SET UP PAYMENT PLANS? 3 CAN I CHOOSE A INTERNATIONAL CARRIER?... AND FOR THE 1ST GEN. THAT I HAVE ...4 IT'S THRU AT&T ALL I WANNA DO TO THAT ONE IS JUST HACK IT AND GET APPS THAT AT&A WONT ALLOW YOU TO HAVE LIKE CAMCORDER AND OTHER APPS...HOW DO I DO THIS? DOES THIS NEED A SIM AS WELL?
Holy
47035c50ed10b7b643dd01280b23f6c2b469a60.gif

Caps + horrible grammar = me mad

1. Yes, the SIM adapter let's the iPhone think you are using an AT&T sim.
2. No idea, I'm with T-Mobile.
3. Refer to answer number 2.
4. A camcorder is in cydia, you are able to download. AT&T, you must have the data plan for the iPhone to use the internet, only hack is forT-Mobile to use the $5.99 T-zones plan. You will be able to use Cydia once you jailbreak/unlock your iPhone using QuickPwn.

Let me know what firmware you are on, and I will guide you into jailbreaking and unlocking (if needed, I'll need to know when you reply.)

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....FOR THE IPHONE 3G THAT I FOUND I NEED A SIM ADAPTER TO UMLOCK IT AND THEN DOWNLOAD THE HACK QUICKPWN AND THATS IT? HOW DO I SET UP PAYMENT PLANS? CAN I CHOOSE A INTERNATIONAL CARRIER?... AND FOR THE 1ST GEN. THAT I HAVE ...IT'S THRU AT&T ALL I WANNA DO TO THAT ONE IS JUST HACK IT AND GET APPS THAT AT&A WONT ALLOW YOU TO HAVE LIKE CAMCORDER AND OTHER APPS...HOW DO I DO THIS? DOES THIS NEED A SIM AS WELL?
zygg2t.jpg

Read page 1 of this thread homeboy.

Originally Posted by DaBossA

^With that T-Zones Plan you have to pay $5.99 every month or just one time?
$5.99 a month.

okay thank you for your quick response aj23..have you ever personally unlocked/hacked the iphone personally...im dealing with two stiuations... the first. I have a iphone 3g i want unlock and you said i need a sim adpter..i looked on ebay and i seen a couple of different ones ranging from $19.99 to $84.99 what are the differences? 2. is unlocking/hacking my iphone the only way to get camcorder on my iphone because we all know it 's not offered in the applications and i only see people with unloced phones with camcorder so how do i just unlock/jailbreak my iphone 1st gen. i have the data plan and im on at&at...can u use cydia on the 3g?
So you have a 1st gen and a 3g?
What is the purpose of having 2 of the same phone. Pick one, and I'll help you with it, I'm not doing 2 seperate procedures.

The SIM adapters, I have no idea, I do not mess with them, contact the seller.

And yes, I have a Unlocked 1st gen iPhone.

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

have they jailbroken 2.2 yet? I havent been keeping up
Yes.

Here are links.

How to Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 3G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone With QuickPwn (Mac) [Updated 2.2]
How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

If you are using 3g, and want soft unlock later, do not update to 2.2, dev-team warns here
Soft unlock?
Soft unlock is like the 1st gen iPhone, a program that unlocks your iPhone, I.E., not using a SIM adapter.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Originally Posted by chr1scross

is there a way to get BeejiveIM for free?? Info?? OR do I have to pay?

Thanks

Anything is possible my friend
laugh.gif
. It requires jailbreaking and finding a cracked version of the app tho. Hint: it's on the other site that didnt get shut down yet like themonkey'sball did.
Pretty late but Thanks..
pimp.gif

thank you...that video converter for the iphone is hot and it works!!! okay so i want to unlock my 1st gen. iphone. aj45 how do i do so? how long does it take?

Glad to see you read my earlier posts, like where I said
Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Let me know what firmware you are on, and I will guide you into jailbreaking and unlocking (if needed, I'll need to know when you reply.)

That makes me feel good about helping people...when they don't read what I say in order to help them.

i dont know anything about firmware dude seriously..this is a new language to me..and im trying to follow the instructions that iclarifiy (quickpwn) gives but its not helping
What screen is you iPhone showing? If it is on the home screen, go to settings > general > about > version and tell me what it says.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep for the night, I'm too tired to stay awake, I'll help you when I get home from school tomorrow.

I may check my PM's here, so PM me the answer to my question.

they are telling me i need to find my bootloaders and that is required and i do not know where to find that...please help!!!

yeah, that is required for unlocking. you should be able to find it in the place where I just told you to go via PM

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

where the hell do I find unstallous in cydia? I can't find it...and how do I get street view to work? thru maps or I gotta download google earth?

did you add the source?? u gotta add the source

not me, but the cleanest themes Ive ever laid eyes on

3021434378_ff67be62d9_o.jpg
how do you get the first theme?? and how did you get your apps in that folder. what did you do before, because when i downloaded stacks and dragmy apps in the folder it shows that it went in but it also shows that its on the home screen too.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jefffort5

HEY GUYS..I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS A WAY AROUND THIS...MY IPHONE THAT IM TRYING TO UNLOCK IS ON THE "REPAIR NEEDED" SCREEN..IS THERE ANYWAY TO SURPASS THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO GET IT REPAIRED?

Is there a way I can save all my numbers to my SIM? Im tired of replacing all my contacts after updating.

Back
Top Bottom