+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Hold up.So 2Pac wasnt the biggest Rap artist in 1996 with AEOM when got out of jail.Every Radio Station in Every State had atleast 2 to 4 songs minimum off of that album in rotation.Makavali was played heavily also.2Pac and Biggie where literally Raps first Super Stars.Plus Pac had his feet inside of Hollywood.His Stardom was unmatched before he died.Plus he went through more than Kendrick and Jay combined in just 25 years.Hes not romanticized at all.People love to discredit/hate on his accomplishments because he was so prolific in his short career.

We all know if Pac and Big stay alive.Jay doesnt accomplish atleast 50% of what he did.Hell tell you that himslf.Big was the King of New York back then.Jay was Bigs little tag along friend back then.He couldnt get a record deal to safe his life from the late 80,s until 96.And he had to get Dame and Biggs for financial help to start independently.Because no label still would sign him.Yall trying to rewrite Rap History because 3 (Pun included) of the Goats died.We used Reasonable Doubt as a weed plate.While AEOM/Makavali/Untouchable/Ridin Dirty/Life After Death/Atliens/it was written was in rotation in 96-97.Thug Life,MATW,AEOM,Makavali where all classics also.

Reasonable Doubt wasnt a classic until years down the line.After JayZ became a success.He started screaming Reasonable Doubt was classic.And all the sheep followed after he proclaimed it to be so.The Streets didnt call Reasonable Doubt a classic the first couple of years it was out.It just did good enough to get JayZ in the game. That album was just average at best.People back then considered Biggies first 2 albums.And Pacs last 3 Albums as classics out the gate.Those albums are timeless.Nobody had to convince us they where great.

Blueprint 1,3.Amercican Gangster,The Black Album are his classic Albums though.All im saying is.JayZ was not considered great early in his career.Hell he couldn't get a deal when Pac and Big was alive.Dont ever compare him to the Goats.It took circumstances/death for him to become a goat.Not because he put out better albums while competing with Pac and Big when they where alive.

Both Kendrick & Jay actually lived and experienced what they write. They are both authentic artist, unlike Tupac. Pac is the most romanticized artist in the history of rap music. Pac doesn't have a single classic album, which Kendrick and Jay have multiples of. As someone who witnessed his entire musical career; I can tell you he was never in a discussion amongst his contemporaries as a top 10 while he was alive. He was a thespian and nothing more. Pac doesn't even belong in the same breath as Jay or Kendrick. Out of curiosity, how old were you in 1996?

View media item 2483965

A lot of these cats have inferior complexity.
 Which is exactly why they pose with those kind of pics on IG in the first place.  Only an insecure ***** needs to snap a picture of themselves online like that.  No other logical explanation.  They want attention and admiration.

But Jay has that attention, admiration, and respect that they can never acquire...and it makes them feel insecure AF.  That's why they have responded in such a sensitive way.

Boosie mad and tryna get attention...but notice how at the end of his long *** video he said he would love to work with Jay one day 
roll.gif

Take 2pac for example.He died because of his actions and his affiliation.He had tattoos and the wrong image.But he had way more knowledge than Kendrick/Jay combined instilled in him.

Both Kendrick & Jay actually lived and experienced what they write. They are both authentic artist, unlike Tupac. Pac is the most romanticized artist in the history of rap music. Pac doesn't have a single classic album, which Kendrick and Jay have multiples of. As someone who witnessed his entire musical career; I can tell you he was never in a discussion amongst his contemporaries as a top 10 while he was alive. He was a thespian and nothing more. Pac doesn't even belong in the same breath as Jay or Kendrick. Out of curiosity, how old were you in 1996?

Hahahahahahahahhahaha, this is the worst post in this thread that isn't Lil Wayne related.

Pac didn't live any of his rhymes? He didn't have a number one multiplatinum album while locked up? Pac was one of the biggest names in rap from 93 up until like 2000. Some of y'all can hate and not be a fan of someone but to make **** up to help your argument is comical.

Why did damn near every rapper have an opinion on Pac if he wasn't such a big name among his contemporaries? You sound like an imbecile.

Son are u drunk ? Cam and 50 would spit in your face for spewing such nonsense

WAAAAAA

DIPSET ????

G unit ??????

The drought series was bigger than any Power of the dollar or DJ kay slay mixtape and that's just the drought series. Y'all are really flexing right now.

if you're name isn't Diplomats or G-unit you had ZERO hand in making mixtapes mainstream.

I swear you gotta take those NYC goggles off some time.. NYC didn't make everything hot

NYC created da mixtape.

i had family ask me to ship em DJ clue tapes.
ok and?

your anecdote doesn't make what you said a fact...

DJ clue was also da very 1st mixtape ever converted to CD format.

Weezy did help the mixtape game i will admit, i think weezy is liked most for his mixtapes than his albums to most

Drought/Dedication series will be played till im old

'I might send this to the mixtape weezy' - Jay

Last edited:
Smh at it being platinum. This is like the last album and Sprint announced it was platinum right when it dropped. 444 isn't even for sale.

Hold up.So 2Pac wasnt the biggest Rap artist in 1996 with AEOM when got out of jail.Every Radio Station in Every State had atleast 2 to 4 songs minimum off of that album in rotation.Makavali was played heavily also.2Pac and Biggie where literally Raps first Super Stars.Plus Pac had his feet inside of Hollywood.His Stardom was unmatched before he died.Plus he went through more than Kendrick and Jay combined in just 25 years.Hes not romanticized at all.People love to discredit/hate on his accomplishments because he was so prolific in his short career.

We all know if Pac and Big stay alive.Jay doesnt accomplish atleast 50% of what he did.Hell tell you that himslf.Big was the King of New York back then.Jay was Bigs little tag along friend back then.He couldnt get a record deal to safe his life from the late 80,s until 96.And he had to get Dame and Biggs for financial help to start independently.Because no label still would sign him.Yall trying to rewrite Rap History because 3 (Pun included) of the Goats died.We used Reasonable Doubt as a weed plate.While AEOM/Makavali/Untouchable/Ridin Dirty/Life After Death/Atliens/it was written was in rotation in 96-97.Thug Life,MATW,AEOM,Makavali where all classics also.

Reasonable Doubt wasnt a classic until years down the line.After JayZ became a success.He started screaming Reasonable Doubt was classic.And all the sheep followed after he proclaimed it to be so.The Streets didnt call Reasonable Doubt a classic the first couple of years it was out.It just did good enough to get JayZ in the game. That album was just average at best.People back then considered Biggies first 2 albums.And Pacs last 3 Albums as classics out the gate.Those albums are timeless.Nobody had to convince us they where great.

Blueprint 1,3.Amercican Gangster,The Black Album are his classic Albums though.All im saying is.JayZ was not considered great early in his career.Hell he couldn't get a deal when Pac and Big was alive.Dont ever compare him to the Goats.It took circumstances/death for him to become a goat.Not because he put out better albums while competing with Pac and Big when they where alive.

I agree with 99% of this.

However, Jay set alot of trends he was the first hiphop artist to drop every year. Album after album. You can't point out any rapper from the 90s who didn't drop 2-5 years after the previous album

I will also disagree and say Jay woulda upped his game to keep up with BIG. The bars were always there so you cant say Jay wouldn't have been in the same sentence eventually.

Yes Reasonable Doubt wasnt a classic in 96. But you can't say its not now

You cant knock Jay for not getting signed because looking back BIG and Pac died with garbage record deals. Pacs estate should be worth a billion dollars and i know you know how Puff did his artists. Jayz ended being on the right end of being independent with his own label.

Last edited:

Take 2pac for example.He died because of his actions and his affiliation.He had tattoos and the wrong image.But he had way more knowledge than Kendrick/Jay combined instilled in him.
All facts

Which is exactly why they pose with those kind of pics on IG in the first place.  Only an insecure ***** needs to snap a picture of themselves online like that.  No other logical explanation.  They want attention and admiration.

But Jay has that attention, admiration, and respect that they can never acquire...and it makes them feel insecure AF.  That's why they have responded in such a sensitive way.

Boosie mad and tryna get attention...but notice how at the end of his long *** video he said he would love to work with Jay one day :rofl:

y'all saying this like they're lame or w/e for being insecure financially if you grew up your whole life not having ****

jay was just doing another level of flex

all this extra *** psychoanalysis about dudes being insecure lol

i guess hov was insecure too

39396-5ba04d35fcb27bf39fb87b7736a7129c.jpg

386px-Jay-Z_at_BT's_lounge_in_Trenton,_NJ.jpg

Jay-Z-Gold-Chain.jpg

Last edited:
You're trying too hard

and then he grew up. Future and Boosie are both in their mid 30's.

I don't even understand how you dudes attempt to read his posts.

I see a bunch of font and move on

96-"Got the city drinking Cristals, re-up the fee
Rappers going broke, tryin' to keep up with me"

97- "You got show dough, little to no dough
Sell a bunch of records and you still owe dough"

"You bought a 4.0 you better get your change
Ain't no platinum in those Cartiers, switch your frame
Ain't no manicurist on board, then switch your plane"

98- "Willies wanna rub shoulders, your money's too young
See me when it gets older, ya bank account grow up"

I'm not about to go through every year but dude has been telling every rapper that he has more money than them since the very beginning, that's why it's weird that rappers are getting offended now :lol:

For some reason they can handle that

For a culture that's such against "old ******"....ya'll sure are getting VERY salty about one :lol:

:lol:

I'm really feelin the sample.

I saw a clip on twitter where someone is playing the song for The Clark Sisters. Their reaction is pretty dope.

:nthat:

That Jay/Diddy/Nelly pic is hilarious :lol:

And Jay can drop physicals or this on Amazon and it would have gone real platinum. Doing the Young Thug/Desiigner platinum thing for him is a luxury and not a necessity

Back
Top Bottom