Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This thread is hilarious. Thread should have been 2 pages but people keep using ONE wrong word or phrase and ++!% hits the fan over and over again...
laugh.gif

Yao? HEY!
Mutombu? HEY!
Jackie? HEY!

It is simple as if there was a Indian-American basketball player that made the L best believe I'm following his career more closely than anybody else not on the Bulls. Why? Same reason people gravitated toward Allen Iverson: he seems to be one of "us". I am definitely rooting for this guy just because of his top-tier, non-traditional school pedigree. The Asian thing is another point of interest. I wish someone from Northwestern's basketball squad made the NBA. That would be sick.

Iverson? HEY!
I dunno how there's not an Indian American in the nba already.  I've seen TONS of tall athletic Indian Americans, no lie.  Like they be catching oops and windmilling like black players lol.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Hell, I'd love for other races to be stereotyped as doctors or engineers. I think that would be cool.

I'm just sayin. That's just me. Carry on folks.

eh.  with the positive stereotypes come the negative ones, hand in hand.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Hell, I'd love for other races to be stereotyped as doctors or engineers. I think that would be cool.

I'm just sayin. That's just me. Carry on folks.

eh.  with the positive stereotypes come the negative ones, hand in hand.

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

A lot of you guys seem upset that Asian Americans have something to be proud about in mainstream sports. similar to that of manny and Filipinos.
Here we go again.

And calling him the Asian Jackie Robinson is one hell of an insult.

A lot of you guys seem upset that Asian Americans have something to be proud about in mainstream sports. similar to that of manny and Filipinos.
Here we go again.

And calling him the Asian Jackie Robinson is one hell of an insult.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What's there to hate? I just don't believe in rooting for someone just because of their race/nationality. That's almost as bad as hating someone for those reasons, in a roundabout way.

Combined with the fact that he's not good, it's all a little overboard, no?

I got a few lovely messages out of this, though.
u mad? ol yankee honkey &@! cracker lmao.
Oh yeah, aren't your from NO? Katrina should have swept your redneck +&$ away.  Have fun living in the dingleberry POS state of the US uncle cracker LMFAO.
Oh yeah, I've seen you post in the other NBA threads bigging up your fellow crackers.  Jon Brockman? lollll !+%* outta here white boy.  WHITE POWER
Yeah, I'm the one who's mad.
laugh.gif

That's foul as hell. Shows what kind of homes they come from and how their parents failed at raising proper human beings. Bet they won't get banned though.

haters are mad because he's Asian American "damn he's living my dream by playing in the league. And he's Asian!"

Asians in here talking about racist statements but this was blatant as hell towards a certain group of people.

He might be the worst guard in the league right now.
He's up there as one of the worst. As someone who's pretty much watched all of his games last year (due to my betting on the Ivy League) he doesn't have much game that would allow him to last long in the league. Don't get gassed off of Summer League. Its just that, Summer League. The new owner made his money in Vegas, you don't think he sees an opportunity in front of him? Like I said on Twitter, this is a PR move to get butts in seats and get a good return on his investment. There are plenty of people that didn't get drafted and that are playing overseas that should be on a roster before this kid.

What's there to hate? I just don't believe in rooting for someone just because of their race/nationality. That's almost as bad as hating someone for those reasons, in a roundabout way.

Oh yeah, aren't your from NO? Katrina should have swept your redneck +&$ away.  Have fun living in the dingleberry POS state of the US uncle cracker LMFAO.
Oh yeah, I've seen you post in the other NBA threads bigging up your fellow crackers.  Jon Brockman? lollll !+%* outta here white boy.  WHITE POWER
laugh.gif

That's foul as hell. Shows what kind of homes they come from and how their parents failed at raising proper human beings. Bet they won't get banned though.

haters are mad because he's Asian American "damn he's living my dream by playing in the league. And he's Asian!"

Asians in here talking about racist statements but this was blatant as hell towards a certain group of people.

He might be the worst guard in the league right now.
He's up there as one of the worst. As someone who's pretty much watched all of his games last year (due to my betting on the Ivy League) he doesn't have much game that would allow him to last long in the league. Don't get gassed off of Summer League. Its just that, Summer League. The new owner made his money in Vegas, you don't think he sees an opportunity in front of him? Like I said on Twitter, this is a PR move to get butts in seats and get a good return on his investment. There are plenty of people that didn't get drafted and that are playing overseas that should be on a roster before this kid.

With his current skills, I think he should practice to be a lights out 3 point shooter.

With his current skills, I think he should practice to be a lights out 3 point shooter.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

i missed this post
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

i missed this post
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Rolli in a basketball thread? (insert hipster joke)

Jeremy Lin is the truth! He is trials and tribulations!

Rolli in a basketball thread? (insert hipster joke)

Jeremy Lin is the truth! He is trials and tribulations!

i think its great for asian americans..

the same way i cheer for guys from my hood like jeremey pargo or derrick rose.. is the same feeling i get when i see my asian american homies cheering for jeremey lin..its a good look. ill be cheering for him for sure if he ever gets in a game
laugh.gif

fyi the jackie robinson thing was a lil stupid u have to admit..if u truly know jackies story. that is...im assuming you dont tho.

i think its great for asian americans..

the same way i cheer for guys from my hood like jeremey pargo or derrick rose.. is the same feeling i get when i see my asian american homies cheering for jeremey lin..its a good look. ill be cheering for him for sure if he ever gets in a game
laugh.gif

fyi the jackie robinson thing was a lil stupid u have to admit..if u truly know jackies story. that is...im assuming you dont tho.

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..

laugh.gif
You're a moron.

You should air SN's out that sent those messages KLJ. 
smh.gif

All this over a guy that's gonna sit on the end of the bench.  Damn. 

You should air SN's out that sent those messages KLJ. 
smh.gif

All this over a guy that's gonna sit on the end of the bench.  Damn. 

laugh.gif
You're a moron.

Back
Top Bottom