Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

KLJ has stated alot of times where he lives...and it's not anywhere in the New Orleans area.
laugh.gif

KLJ has stated alot of times where he lives...and it's not anywhere in the New Orleans area.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Lin is not the first Asian-American to do it though? 

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Originally Posted by amel223

Does no one understand analogies. 

A bird is like a plane.

A house is like a building. 

A sidestreet is like an interstate. 

You get what I'm saying here?  Just take his statement for what it was.  An analogy.  He's just pointing out one similarity between two guys.  He's not saying that they're on the same level. 

This. I can see something as little as this and taking it for what is worth, but yet I'm the moron? Go ahead and enlighten me then.

Originally Posted by amel223

Does no one understand analogies. 

A bird is like a plane.

A house is like a building. 

A sidestreet is like an interstate. 

You get what I'm saying here?  Just take his statement for what it was.  An analogy.  He's just pointing out one similarity between two guys.  He's not saying that they're on the same level. 

This. I can see something as little as this and taking it for what is worth, but yet I'm the moron? Go ahead and enlighten me then.

An analogy huh?

Bird is like a plane, it flies.

Lin is like Jackie Robinson, he's gonna get yelled racial slurs at him, get stuff thrown at him, and get death threats.

Yeah, that's a great analogy for someone who wasn't even the first of anything.

You guys are just ridiculous.

I respect the fact that you can relate to him, but Jackie Robinson? Come on.

An analogy huh?

Lin is like Jackie Robinson, he's gonna get yelled racial slurs at him, get stuff thrown at him, and get death threats.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'll admit I didn't know that. But that's not the main point people are getting bent out of shape about. *shrug*

I'll admit I didn't know that. But that's not the main point people are getting bent out of shape about. *shrug*

He's the first Chinese-American too though or "Taiwanese"-American depending on how you look at it.

He's the first Chinese-American too though or "Taiwanese"-American depending on how you look at it.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Given.

But the analogy though? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..
yeah, i gotta agree. the worst jeremy will see is maybe some drunk people with some racist remarks at the games. probably in utah 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Given.

But the analogy though? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..
yeah, i gotta agree. the worst jeremy will see is maybe some drunk people with some racist remarks at the games. probably in utah 
laugh.gif

An analogy huh?

listen, i understand why you guys may be upset that i chose to use such an icon for the example. Yes it is hard to separate everything Jackie Robinson went through from the ONE aspect I mentioned, but that is all i am asking you to do. Jlin is still the first asian american in the nba that all of us in this thread have ever seen. That is ALL i was saying, and the ONLY reason i mentioned JR. If you can't understand that then I am sorry.

An analogy huh?

listen, i understand why you guys may be upset that i chose to use such an icon for the example. Yes it is hard to separate everything Jackie Robinson went through from the ONE aspect I mentioned, but that is all i am asking you to do. Jlin is still the first asian american in the nba that all of us in this thread have ever seen. That is ALL i was saying, and the ONLY reason i mentioned JR. If you can't understand that then I am sorry.

An analogy huh?

Look, why are you even delving further into the comparison though? I'm sure the OP didn't mean to slight Jackie in anyway. Lin is (as to many believe and think) the first of their kind to play and for someone they can relate to. The comparison starts and ends there

An analogy huh?

Look, why are you even delving further into the comparison though? I'm sure the OP didn't mean to slight Jackie in anyway. Lin is (as to many believe and think) the first of their kind to play and for someone they can relate to. The comparison starts and ends there

An analogy huh?

An analogy huh?

Dude hasn't even stepped one foot in an NBA arena yet. 

I think that's what makes all of this even more amusing.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom