Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

Look, why are you even delving further into the comparison though? I'm sure the OP didn't mean to slight Jackie in anyway. Lin is (as to many believe and think) the first of their kind to play and for someone they can relate to. The comparison starts and ends there

Dude hasn't even stepped one foot in an NBA arena yet. 

I think that's what makes all of this even more amusing.
laugh.gif

comparison to Jackie Robinson is hands down is hilarious....Jackie was a GREAT player.....this dude is being pimped for $$$$, thats it and thats all

comparison to Jackie Robinson is hands down is hilarious....Jackie was a GREAT player.....this dude is being pimped for $$$$, thats it and thats all

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Look, why are you even delving further into the comparison though? I'm sure the OP didn't mean to slight Jackie in anyway.

Lin is (as to many believe and think) the first of their kind to play and for someone they can relate to. The comparison starts and ends there

laugh.gif

Why does that even matter? Don't you realize how big this is if everyone is getting excited at him just getting the chance? This is a great story. Stop being so salty that others are getting excited at this. Sorry that you don't see it.

Look, why are you even delving further into the comparison though? I'm sure the OP didn't mean to slight Jackie in anyway.

Lin is (as to many believe and think) the first of their kind to play and for someone they can relate to. The comparison starts and ends there

laugh.gif

Why does that even matter? Don't you realize how big this is if everyone is getting excited at him just getting the chance? This is a great story. Stop being so salty that others are getting excited at this. Sorry that you don't see it.

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Shut the F up! 
laugh.gif

No one is salty. 

The comparison to Jackie Robinson was not necessary.  That was it.   Sorry that you don't see that.

Shut the F up! 
laugh.gif

No one is salty. 

The comparison to Jackie Robinson was not necessary.  That was it.   Sorry that you don't see that.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by haiti5

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..
yeah, i gotta agree. the worst jeremy will see is maybe some drunk people with some racist remarks at the games. probably in utah 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jeremy Lin > Martin Luther King 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love this thread and I don't even know who Jeremy Lin is. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by haiti5

maybe we actually know the story of jackie robinson thats why..jeremey lin aint about to get spit on, spiked, get balls thrown at his head (pause) be called racial epithets etc..
yeah, i gotta agree. the worst jeremy will see is maybe some drunk people with some racist remarks at the games. probably in utah 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jeremy Lin > Martin Luther King 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love this thread and I don't even know who Jeremy Lin is. 
laugh.gif

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Lin is not the first Asian-American to do it though? 
Who is?
as far as I knew he's the first full Asian-Am to do so.

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Who is?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

Shut the F up! 
laugh.gif

No one is salty. 

You only saw what you wanted to see in that Jackie Robinson comparison. You don't like this story so you saw that and ran with it. It's easy to see. You know he didn't mean Jackie Robinson's historic struggle. Why do you know that? You are a functioning human being. Analogy was made to say that a majority of black people supported Jackie because of the circumstances (albeit different and much more extreme). But still they supported him because of the circumstances, Jackie being black first and foremost. Same situation here. Asian people are supporting this guy because of all the circumstances (Asian-American, state player of the year in HS, no D1 offers for whatever reason, goes to Harvard where there are no athletic scholarships and no one makes the NBA, he has been playing well in summer league, he does have a likeable game).

Yall bringing up Wat Misaka is hilarious. 63 years ago!
laugh.gif

Shut the F up! 
laugh.gif

No one is salty. 

You only saw what you wanted to see in that Jackie Robinson comparison. You don't like this story so you saw that and ran with it. It's easy to see. You know he didn't mean Jackie Robinson's historic struggle. Why do you know that? You are a functioning human being. Analogy was made to say that a majority of black people supported Jackie because of the circumstances (albeit different and much more extreme). But still they supported him because of the circumstances, Jackie being black first and foremost. Same situation here. Asian people are supporting this guy because of all the circumstances (Asian-American, state player of the year in HS, no D1 offers for whatever reason, goes to Harvard where there are no athletic scholarships and no one makes the NBA, he has been playing well in summer league, he does have a likeable game).

Yall bringing up Wat Misaka is hilarious. 63 years ago!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

Correct, but given that he broke that barrier in 1948, it's probably why not a lot of people know this. 

He was Japanese-American.  Went to University of UTAH, and played for the Knicks. 
If Lin plays more than 3 games, then he would have surpassed him as the most successful Asian-American player.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Who is?
Wat Misaka is the first.

Correct, but given that he broke that barrier in 1948, it's probably why not a lot of people know this. 

He was Japanese-American.  Went to University of UTAH, and played for the Knicks. 
If Lin plays more than 3 games, then he would have surpassed him as the most successful Asian-American player.

Back
Top Bottom