Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well to be fair, I think my boy Allen is like the Jackie Robinson of the Music forum.....he's white and he goes in the stack bundles thread [charles rogers] aye-day [/charles rogers]
roll.gif

^ Guess we do learn something new every day, thanks for the info.

Can't wait for the season to start
pimp.gif

^ Guess we do learn something new every day, thanks for the info.

Can't wait for the season to start
pimp.gif

okay get over the analogy thing..just admit it was somewhat ignorant and insensitive..i understand what u was tryin to say tho..but just enjoy the summer league..cuz u aint gon see much more of him after this
laugh.gif

and to be honest him going to oakland is no more of a gimmick than the knicks drafting lavar postell or cavs drafting bron or bulls drafting derrick..i do feel like maybe he made a dumb decision by choosing them over the lakers where with the right growth and coaching he could actually became at the very least a poor mans jacque vaughn

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

okay get over the analogy thing..just admit it was somewhat ignorant and insensitive..i understand what u was tryin to say tho..but just enjoy the summer league..cuz u aint gon see much more of him after this
laugh.gif

and to be honest him going to oakland is no more of a gimmick than the knicks drafting lavar postell or cavs drafting bron or bulls drafting derrick..i do feel like maybe he made a dumb decision by choosing them over the lakers where with the right growth and coaching he could actually became at the very least a poor mans jacque vaughn

im seriously surprised that there arent any filipino dudes doing work in hs or college level..ive been to a few PBA Games dudes are legit as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

bijald0331 wrote:
Yall bringing up Wat Misaka is hilarious. 63 years ago!
laugh.gif

That kind of thinking of yours led to kids bringing up Jackie Robinson in this thread. Can't be ignoring old folks just cuz it's in the past.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Lin is not the first Asian-American to do it though? 
Who is?
as far as I knew he's the first full Asian-Am to do so.
Wat Misaka is the first.

Correct, but given that he broke that barrier in 1948, it's probably why not a lot of people know this. 

He was Japanese-American.  Went to University of UTAH, and played for the Knicks. 
If Lin plays more than 3 games, then he would have surpassed him as the most successful Asian-American player.
Yeah, I hope JLin does well and plays the whole season.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

bijald0331 wrote:
Yall bringing up Wat Misaka is hilarious. 63 years ago!
laugh.gif

That kind of thinking of yours led to kids bringing up Jackie Robinson in this thread. Can't be ignoring old folks just cuz it's in the past.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

I still don't get why a lot of you are upset about the Jackie Robinson ANALOGY. The dude took ONE comparison from the two figures (being the first of their group to play professionally) and that was it. You guys really like to make a big fuss over something so little.

Lin is not the first Asian-American to do it though? 
Who is?
as far as I knew he's the first full Asian-Am to do so.
Wat Misaka is the first.

Correct, but given that he broke that barrier in 1948, it's probably why not a lot of people know this. 

He was Japanese-American.  Went to University of UTAH, and played for the Knicks. 
If Lin plays more than 3 games, then he would have surpassed him as the most successful Asian-American player.
Yeah, I hope JLin does well and plays the whole season.

Yeah, the analogy was stupid. Let's get over it.

Aside from that, Lin is a good player from what we've seen, hope he can get lots of playing time up there in Oakland.

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

If you made a thread about him, guaranteeing there would be a lot of
pimp.gif
Doesn't discount what is going with this kid.

Aside from that, Lin is a good player from what we've seen, hope he can get lots of playing time up there in Oakland.

I'm guessing Raymond Townsend doesn't count either? Because he was Filipino-American?

If you made a thread about him, guaranteeing there would be a lot of
pimp.gif
Doesn't discount what is going with this kid.

You can't be bringing up these old Asian players that no one knows about....Jeremy is clearly the first in our generation to have a real impact. Back in those days, there weren't enough Asians in America to even care about that
laugh.gif
. And even today, the Asian population is like, 5% of the USA. I don't know why you guys are bringing up these other Asians that have played, yes, they're Asian, but just because they are doesn't mean anyone likes them or even knows who they are.
laugh.gif
Jeremy is one of us, someone that grew up the same way we did, went through the same things we did growing up, you know? My views could be a little different because I actually played with him and knew him, but I still think so many people are rooting for him for that same reason.

You can't be bringing up these old Asian players that no one knows about....Jeremy is clearly the first in our generation to have a real impact. Back in those days, there weren't enough Asians in America to even care about that
laugh.gif
. And even today, the Asian population is like, 5% of the USA. I don't know why you guys are bringing up these other Asians that have played, yes, they're Asian, but just because they are doesn't mean anyone likes them or even knows who they are.
laugh.gif
Jeremy is one of us, someone that grew up the same way we did, went through the same things we did growing up, you know? My views could be a little different because I actually played with him and knew him, but I still think so many people are rooting for him for that same reason.

You don't need to worry about a 2nd string PG getting burn in a Don Nelson ran team. Before you know it, Nelson will be trotting out 2 PGs, 2 SG, and 1 SF.

Coaching mastermind, I tell ya!

You don't need to worry about a 2nd string PG getting burn in a Don Nelson ran team. Before you know it, Nelson will be trotting out 2 PGs, 2 SG, and 1 SF.

Coaching mastermind, I tell ya!

Don't think because you edited it I didn't see what you wrote rolli. Pull your skirt down and put a tampon on.

Back
Top Bottom