Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lebron gonna have that D on him tonite [/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Nike offering Lin a contract between 2 and 4 mill?

a month?

he sold out real AND counterfeits in China...
That would be such a bad deal for Lin.

Imagine a Lin/Spike Lee commercial though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Nike offering Lin a contract between 2 and 4 mill?

a month?

he sold out real AND counterfeits in China...
That would be such a bad deal for Lin.

Imagine a Lin/Spike Lee commercial though.
pimp.gif

A-Rod is born in the US but he is Dominican, but still played for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic, I dont see the problem of Lin playin for Team USA if he was invited.

A-Rod is born in the US but he is Dominican, but still played for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic, I dont see the problem of Lin playin for Team USA if he was invited.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the whole taiwan vs china beef is purely political. It has nothing to do with ethnicity, language, culture and heritage.
the reason why most taiwanese people dont consider themselves chinese is because they dont want to have that communist label on them.
not to mention their great leader chiang kai shek was a coward and sold out the chinese people
how about no....there ar ea lot of Taiwanese that have been in Taiwan WAY before World War II. My family has been in Taiwan way before that- my Grandparents all grew up during Japanese rule.
Taiwanese that have family that have been in Taiwan for a long time take a lot of pride in being Taiwanese and not Chinese. Whether for better or worse. It isn't necessarily about communism.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the whole taiwan vs china beef is purely political. It has nothing to do with ethnicity, language, culture and heritage.
the reason why most taiwanese people dont consider themselves chinese is because they dont want to have that communist label on them.
not to mention their great leader chiang kai shek was a coward and sold out the chinese people
how about no....there ar ea lot of Taiwanese that have been in Taiwan WAY before World War II. My family has been in Taiwan way before that- my Grandparents all grew up during Japanese rule.
Taiwanese that have family that have been in Taiwan for a long time take a lot of pride in being Taiwanese and not Chinese. Whether for better or worse. It isn't necessarily about communism.

If Lin had the chance he would rather play for team USA I bet

People are tripping dude is American as apple pie

If Lin had the chance he would rather play for team USA I bet

People are tripping dude is American as apple pie

Nike poised to embrace Jeremy Lin
by USA Today Feed on Feb. 23, 2012, under USA Today News

The Jeremy Lin phenomenon is poised to pay dividends for Nike.

The Swoosh had the foresight to sign the 23-year old New York Knicks point guard to a minor shoe deal when he entered the NBA in 2010, the equivalent to a futures bet on a Wall Street stock

Now, the athletic company that helped turn Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Tiger Woods into marketing superstars is poised to do the same with the 23-year old undrafted free agent, according to the New York Daily News. He could become Nike’s next big endorsement star.

Nike is reportedly extending and expanding its endorsement pact with Lin — to stop him from being stolen by rival athletic sponsors, according to Beijing Business Today.

The Swoosh is also planning a player-exclusive Lin shoe, ESPN Radio reported last week. But Nike has dismissed photos of an alleged Lin shoe in the Knicks’ blue and orange colors as an photo-shopped fake. Lin’s currently playing in Nike Hyperfuse Low basketball shoes on the court.

Beyond confirming Lin’s under contract, Nike spokesman Brian Strong has declined to elaborate on future advertising and marketing plans with Lin.

“We’re excited to continue exploring ways that we can celebrate the energy he’s bringing to the game,

Nike poised to embrace Jeremy Lin
by USA Today Feed on Feb. 23, 2012, under USA Today News

The Jeremy Lin phenomenon is poised to pay dividends for Nike.

The Swoosh had the foresight to sign the 23-year old New York Knicks point guard to a minor shoe deal when he entered the NBA in 2010, the equivalent to a futures bet on a Wall Street stock

Now, the athletic company that helped turn Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Tiger Woods into marketing superstars is poised to do the same with the 23-year old undrafted free agent, according to the New York Daily News. He could become Nike’s next big endorsement star.

Nike is reportedly extending and expanding its endorsement pact with Lin — to stop him from being stolen by rival athletic sponsors, according to Beijing Business Today.

The Swoosh is also planning a player-exclusive Lin shoe, ESPN Radio reported last week. But Nike has dismissed photos of an alleged Lin shoe in the Knicks’ blue and orange colors as an photo-shopped fake. Lin’s currently playing in Nike Hyperfuse Low basketball shoes on the court.

Beyond confirming Lin’s under contract, Nike spokesman Brian Strong has declined to elaborate on future advertising and marketing plans with Lin.

“We’re excited to continue exploring ways that we can celebrate the energy he’s bringing to the game,

Be interested to see the % increase in Reebok/Adidas sales in the Chinese market post signing Yao to that lucrative deal. They were lagging far behind at one point.

At the time Nike lost Yao they were doing about $1 billion in China.

Be interested to see the % increase in Reebok/Adidas sales in the Chinese market post signing Yao to that lucrative deal. They were lagging far behind at one point.

At the time Nike lost Yao they were doing about $1 billion in China.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by werallequal

Originally Posted by SFC415

His nationality is American. His country is USA. His culture is American with a Taiwanese background. He was born and raised here. He has much more in common with every other American player than players from China and Taiwan. Why exactly would it be disrespectful?

I think you guys i really taking that statement wrong... i think he would play for china ..if had the opportunity .... i'm just saying a lot of people dont understand he is first generation .... yeah he was raised in the US but im sure with in his house hold the chinese influence weighs more ....(not in a bad way) im sure he is very proud to be an american but also very proud to be chinese.....
He is Taiwanese. Most Taiwanese do not consider themselves as Chinese and vice versa. Add the American part, and Team China is much less likely to accept him. But they might see the fiscal benefit and look past that.  But Lin grew up in the Bay Area and generally race is not an issue here. It is probably the most diverse yet racially equal area in the United States. Hell you see people of every color saying the N word with no racial connotation. It's just not right to assume Lin is more likely to play for China just because he looks like them.

whatchahuh ? i never said that he will play because of looks.... your saying that ... if their came an oppurtunity (which is more than likely to happen  with team china) to play in the olympics Im sure he would jump on it

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by werallequal

Originally Posted by SFC415

His nationality is American. His country is USA. His culture is American with a Taiwanese background. He was born and raised here. He has much more in common with every other American player than players from China and Taiwan. Why exactly would it be disrespectful?

I think you guys i really taking that statement wrong... i think he would play for china ..if had the opportunity .... i'm just saying a lot of people dont understand he is first generation .... yeah he was raised in the US but im sure with in his house hold the chinese influence weighs more ....(not in a bad way) im sure he is very proud to be an american but also very proud to be chinese.....
He is Taiwanese. Most Taiwanese do not consider themselves as Chinese and vice versa. Add the American part, and Team China is much less likely to accept him. But they might see the fiscal benefit and look past that.  But Lin grew up in the Bay Area and generally race is not an issue here. It is probably the most diverse yet racially equal area in the United States. Hell you see people of every color saying the N word with no racial connotation. It's just not right to assume Lin is more likely to play for China just because he looks like them.

whatchahuh ? i never said that he will play because of looks.... your saying that ... if their came an oppurtunity (which is more than likely to happen  with team china) to play in the olympics Im sure he would jump on it

Back
Top Bottom