Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Harvard Education + basketball talent = first billionaire athlete 
pimp.gif

Nike x Lin sounds interesting. Nike will prob end up being the most popular shoe brand in Asia. I read in an artible that Lin's all time fav shoes to ball in are the Shox BB4 and his fav shoes to chill in are some jordan x af1.
laugh.gif

Nike x Lin sounds interesting. Nike will prob end up being the most popular shoe brand in Asia. I read in an artible that Lin's all time fav shoes to ball in are the Shox BB4 and his fav shoes to chill in are some jordan x af1.
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/dave-hyde-heats-haslem-tells-a-story-that-puts-lins-run-with-knicks-in-context/775e09dd4cb218fa64bbe0f11f3b8ca5
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]Dave Hyde: Heat's Haslem tells a story that puts Lin's run with Knicks in context[/h2]
Feb. 22, 2012, 8:36 p.m. CST

McClatchy/Tribune - MCT Information Services

MIAMI _  But that's not the story Haslem wants to talk about. That day didn't even have an effect on Dallas. It didn't keep Lin for training camp.

No other team did, either.

Lin spent a while in the minor leagues before signing with Golden State, but was released. Ditto with Houston. He then signed with the Knicks and sat at the end of the bench.

In late January, he played in just one game during a seven-game stretch. That appearance was the definition of garbage time: The final six minutes of a 33-point win against Charlotte.

That's when the Knicks came to AmericanAirlines Arena on Jan. 27th. This is where Haslem tells his story.

"Before each game, I go to chapel," Haslem said.

It is held an hour before tip-off in a small room between the two teams' locker rooms. A handful of players attend. A pastor oversees it and typically asks the players if there's anything they want to pray for.

Often, players talk of health or loved ones or maybe a friend going through a tough time. Haslem has been attending these chapels for eight NBA seasons and has heard it all.

Until this one.

Lin did something Haslem never heard before.

"Can you pray I don't get cut?" Lin told the pastor and other players.

This wasn't a joke or a passing thought. Lin already was cut twice, after all. He felt he was at the end again.

Haslem never had played against Lin, never talked with him, never even seen him before this chapel. But he looked at him that night and immediately appreciated his story.

Haslem knows what it's like to go undrafted, to be not wanted by any team and forge a career through hard work and self-belief.

"I understood where he was coming from," Haslem said.

The pastor prayed for Lin that night. Haslem did, too. Then Lin went out and did what he usually did. He didn't play in the Heat's win.

"But a week later it was da-da-da," Haslem says, giving the ESPN SportsCenter entry noise.

Lin scored 25 against the Nets. He then had 38 against the Lakers. And hit a game-winner against Toronto.

He kept the improbable on the court by leading the Knicks to victory and the impossible off it by making them a lovable team for the first time in decades.

Now he's a known story. Something called the Harvard Sports Collective Analysis compared his effect on ticket prices to Tim Tebow's effect (Lin has made a greater effect). There's a movement for him to play for China in the Olympics.

Haslem will go to chapel again before Thursday's game. He expects Lin will be there, too. Maybe they'll trade hellos. Maybe not.

But Haslem is sure one thing has changed in 27 days since they last sat there.
"I don't think he'll be praying not to get cut," he says

[h2]http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/dave-hyde-heats-haslem-tells-a-story-that-puts-lins-run-with-knicks-in-context/775e09dd4cb218fa64bbe0f11f3b8ca5
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]Dave Hyde: Heat's Haslem tells a story that puts Lin's run with Knicks in context[/h2]

MIAMI _  But that's not the story Haslem wants to talk about. That day didn't even have an effect on Dallas. It didn't keep Lin for training camp.

Lin spent a while in the minor leagues before signing with Golden State, but was released. Ditto with Houston. He then signed with the Knicks and sat at the end of the bench.

In late January, he played in just one game during a seven-game stretch. That appearance was the definition of garbage time: The final six minutes of a 33-point win against Charlotte.

That's when the Knicks came to AmericanAirlines Arena on Jan. 27th. This is where Haslem tells his story.

It is held an hour before tip-off in a small room between the two teams' locker rooms. A handful of players attend. A pastor oversees it and typically asks the players if there's anything they want to pray for.

Often, players talk of health or loved ones or maybe a friend going through a tough time. Haslem has been attending these chapels for eight NBA seasons and has heard it all.

Until this one.

This wasn't a joke or a passing thought. Lin already was cut twice, after all. He felt he was at the end again.

Haslem never had played against Lin, never talked with him, never even seen him before this chapel. But he looked at him that night and immediately appreciated his story.

Haslem knows what it's like to go undrafted, to be not wanted by any team and forge a career through hard work and self-belief.

The pastor prayed for Lin that night. Haslem did, too. Then Lin went out and did what he usually did. He didn't play in the Heat's win.

"But a week later it was da-da-da," Haslem says, giving the ESPN SportsCenter entry noise.

Lin scored 25 against the Nets. He then had 38 against the Lakers. And hit a game-winner against Toronto.

He kept the improbable on the court by leading the Knicks to victory and the impossible off it by making them a lovable team for the first time in decades.

Now he's a known story. Something called the Harvard Sports Collective Analysis compared his effect on ticket prices to Tim Tebow's effect (Lin has made a greater effect). There's a movement for him to play for China in the Olympics.

Haslem will go to chapel again before Thursday's game. He expects Lin will be there, too. Maybe they'll trade hellos. Maybe not.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

good read. someone pm this to silly putty lol

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

good read. someone pm this to silly putty lol

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope

What separates him from 95% of his peers is what drives him to be great and never give in; it wasn't the money or the fame, but to glorify God using his new-found image.

A truly humble person, he is.

What separates him from 95% of his peers is what drives him to be great and never give in; it wasn't the money or the fame, but to glorify God using his new-found image.

A truly humble person, he is.

Originally Posted by biglan4312

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope

Man this linsanity thing is CRAZY.

I went to ebay and saw a hyperlink for everything lin related on ebay. I click on it and I always go price + shipping highest first so I can see how crazy some people are.

I see 1 mil for an oil painting, between 7-20k for domain names that have jeremy lin in them..but the one thing that tripped me out was his basketball cards. I used to be big into them but now I only buy auto/jersey cards for players on my team.

His Golden State Auto rookie cards are going anywhere from $500 to $1500. Cray...

That story from haslem is a great story though. Dude seems like a real good kid...I know I'm trying to catch more Knicks games on my leauge pass now! LOL

Man this linsanity thing is CRAZY.

I went to ebay and saw a hyperlink for everything lin related on ebay. I click on it and I always go price + shipping highest first so I can see how crazy some people are.

I see 1 mil for an oil painting, between 7-20k for domain names that have jeremy lin in them..but the one thing that tripped me out was his basketball cards. I used to be big into them but now I only buy auto/jersey cards for players on my team.

His Golden State Auto rookie cards are going anywhere from $500 to $1500. Cray...

That story from haslem is a great story though. Dude seems like a real good kid...I know I'm trying to catch more Knicks games on my leauge pass now! LOL

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope
this is that @%@ that can bring you to tears ... good stuff

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

[/h2][h2]

Until this one.

pimp.gif
 That's pretty dope
this is that @%@ that can bring you to tears ... good stuff

Back
Top Bottom