Official Joe Mauer AL MVP Thread vol. No HGH in MPLS

joemauer1.jpg

Honestly...if this guy doesn't win, they might as well legalize steroids in baseball.

Push the stats before you bang.
[h3]STATS SUMMARY[/h3]
Joe Mauer

[table][tr][th=""][/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]IBB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]AVG[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]OPS[/th] [th=""]GO/AO[/th] [/tr][tr][td]SEASON[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]523[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]191[/td] [td]307[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]96[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td].365[/td] [td].444[/td] [td].587[/td] [td]1.031[/td] [td]1.51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CAREER[/td] [td]699[/td] [td]2582[/td] [td]419[/td] [td]844[/td] [td]1248[/td] [td]158[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]397[/td] [td]368[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]7[/td] [td].327[/td] [td].408[/td] [td].483[/td] [td].892[/td] [td]1.49[/td] [/tr][/table]

FTR, I was laughing at the irony of the anti-steroid commercials between innings on TBS after A-Roid went yard.

I love you cats in New York, no offense, but your ball-team is artificial.

Agreed. He is definately MVP in my book. I just wish he would have gotten to 100 RBI. Regardless he's still MVP. No mornaeu for the last few weeks and thatplayoff push. Not to mention he missed a decent amount of games and still put up good power numbers

Originally Posted by onewearz

mark teixiera finds this funny
laugh.gif
Because he can't believe someone beat his average by more than 70 points while playing a much harder position. People playing around likethat, making up numbers for catchers.

grin.gif

Do I mind if Mauer wins it? Absolutely not. Helluva season for him. Becoming one of my favorite players to watch, too.

Do I want him to win it? I can think of 2 people that I want to get it before him.

I wanted to see him hit .400 so bad though.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif
Because he can't believe someone beat his average by more than 70 points while playing a much harder position. People playing around like that, making up numbers for catchers.

grin.gif

he laughing because mauer got him in 1 major offensive catagory and his team got swept outta the playoffs where mauer was a non factor and tex enjoyed awalkoff creampie. this is just my biased opinion though . tex had a better year imo

he laughing because mauer got him in 1 major offensive catagory and his team got swept outta the playoffs where mauer was a non factor and tex enjoyed a walkoff creampie. this is just my biased opinion though . tex had a better year imo
He was a non-factor in the playoffs?
grin.gif

I guess going 5-for-12 w/ an RBI (.417) is being a non-factor
smh.gif
....dontdiscredit him because the rest of our guys weren't on base when he got those hits.

If Mauer was a non-factor, then what was Teixeira? Dude went 2-for-12 w/ only one RBI in the series. Your logic is so flawed.

Mauer has Teixeira beat this season in batting average, slugging percentage, on-base percentage, hits, etc.

Mauer had 13 more hits than Teixeira this year in 86 less at-bats
laugh.gif

Get your biased takes out of here
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif
Because he can't believe someone beat his average by more than 70 points while playing a much harder position. People playing around like that, making up numbers for catchers.

grin.gif

he laughing because mauer got him in 1 major offensive catagory and his team got swept outta the playoffs where mauer was a non factor and tex enjoyed a walkoff creampie. this is just my biased opinion though . tex had a better year imo
laugh.gif

Joe Mauer put up the best individual season by a catcher in the history of baseball while playing great d.(Unlike Piazza)

dammit , no ones siding with me
laugh.gif

btw i think piazza put up better seasons

1997 - .362 40 124

thats the greatest hitting season by a catcher

Don't forget my man Todd Hundley.

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""] Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]PA[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""] BA[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]OPS[/th] [th=""]OPS+[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]GDP[/th] [th=""]HBP[/th] [th=""]SH[/th] [th=""]SF[/th] [th=""]IBB[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]Awards[/th] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]NL[/td] [td]153[/td] [td]624[/td] [td]540[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]146[/td] [td].259[/td] [td].356[/td] [td].550[/td] [td].906[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]297[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]*2[/td] [td]AS,MVP-18[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I'm just laughing because I know you are not serious.

Tex is the big dog (leading AL in HR and RBI for the top team ain't no joke).....but come on now.

Mauer
138 G, 28 HR, 96 RBI, 76 BB, 63 SO, 94 R, .365 BA, .444 OBP, .587 SLG, 1.031 OPS, 307 TB

Teixeira
156 G, 39 HR, 122 RBI, 81 BB, 114 SO, 103 R, .292 BA, .383 OBP, .565 SLG, .948 OPS, 344 TB

(Bolded if league leader)

Tex hit .264 with runners in scoring position. Mauer hit .367
Tex hit .280 with runners on base. Mauer hit .385
Tex hit .272 on the road. Mauer hit .345

Tex obviously had better power numbers.

But Mauer did this as a damn catcher. Those numbers are unheard of from that position. You can also likely chalk up another Gold Glove.

But anyway, this is like the 10th Joe Mauer thread lately so I'll fall back
laugh.gif

Hundley was named in the Mitchell Report (baseball) on December 13, 2007 as a player who took performance-enhancing drugs. Todd Hundley and David Segui were teammates on the New York Mets in the mid-1990s. They received steroids from Kirk Radomski

come on theo....... this would make that first round sweep worth it

I'm not even gonna come in here and preach jeter or tex because you guys are gonna hit me with the bias card..

But what I will say is this.. I've watched every game the twins played after they closed the gap to 4 games on detroit (thanks to MLB network) and I wasquite excited because the last time the twins came to the bronx he was turning me into a fan. Morneau was killing us and mauer was also so basically what imsaying is that I went into watching these games with high expectations and to be quite honest dude failed at the time when being a "mvp" is mostprevelant, I think when your team is in a penant race and your in the mvp discussion your bat should be a factor in those games. I watched detroit walk himabout twice in the whole series and I also seen their pitchers attack him consistently with runners on or runners off if did not matter at all but the end ofthe day his "struggles" in that series didn't mean crap because jason kubel and micheal cuddyer put that team on their back and carried them tothe playoffs. Then I also thought that dude was gonna destroy KC in that last series but again I was wrong cuddyer and kubel carried them dudes through anotherseries to keep their season alive. Even the analyst on mlb network mentioned it one dude picked cuddyer for the twins mvp of the season and one picked kubeland even mentioned its gonna be real hard to win mvp of the league when your not even the mvp of your own team. Listen, I'm not saying mauer isn't agreat player only thing I'm saying is that his stats look a little softer then what they should be to me because I watched him do nothing down the stretchwhen it mattered most.

Not taking anything from mauer I just think a couple of guys deserve it more..

Just for fun where do u guys think he ranks on a best player in the major leagues list? 1-5

Originally Posted by Proshares

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]PA[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""]BA[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]OPS[/th] [th=""]OPS+[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]GDP[/th] [th=""]HBP[/th] [th=""]SH[/th] [th=""]SF[/th] [th=""]IBB[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]Awards[/th] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]NL[/td] [td]153[/td] [td]624[/td] [td]540[/td] [td]85[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]146[/td] [td].259[/td] [td].356[/td] [td].550[/td] [td].906[/td] [td]140[/td] [td]297[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]*2[/td] [td]AS,MVP-18[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Piazza's D wasn't that bad, his arm was just atrocious.

Damn, I was waiting for the haters to attack me, but it looks like NT has still got a few intelligent thinkers.

FTR, I like Tex, but you're crazy to skip over Mauer.

As well, I used to worship the MAN, Mike Piazza back in the day. Nobody thought a better catcher would ever come about.

Never knew it would be one of our guys from MPLS.

Yeah, you can say I'm biased, but you don't see me arguing on here often.

This kid deserves it this year.

Is mauer even a free agent this year? I doubt it but red sox fans want him to be their savoir. Imo mauer ain't goin NOWHERE he's a minnesota kid and ifthe twins give anyone money it would be him. Imagine them trading him in the offseason when they have a new stadium opening next year
laugh.gif
, Get real

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Is mauer even a free agent this year? I doubt it but red sox fans want him to be their savoir. Imo mauer ain't goin NOWHERE he's a minnesota kid and if the twins give anyone money it would be him. Imagine them trading him in the offseason when they have a new stadium opening next year
laugh.gif
, Get real
his options will be MN, NYY, BOS...and you're right...he's not going anywhere. dude is MN for life

Word deadset like I don't think he's cut out for media markets like ny, and boston.. I wouldn't leave my hometown where I'm jesus christ to goplay for them crazy $%$ boston and new york fans, hell no
laugh.gif
when I think about it don't think lebron is comin to ny either even tho he plays in acesspool like cleveland its still his hometown

simply based on the fact that he's a catcher, he's probably the single most valuable player in the MLB

he deserves the award this year

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Damn, I was waiting for the haters to attack me, but it looks like NT has still got a few intelligent thinkers.

FTR, I like Tex, but you're crazy to skip over Mauer.

As well, I used to worship the MAN, Mike Piazza back in the day. Nobody thought a better catcher would ever come about.

Never knew it would be one of our guys from MPLS.

Yeah, you can say I'm biased, but you don't see me arguing on here often.

This kid deserves it this year.

Call me a hater but I think your thread title is a little on the comical side... "no hgh in mpls" it sounds like you would bet your girlfriend thathe has never touched a steroid which I also don't think but u really have no idea what any of these mlb players are putting in their bodies, who the hellthought manny was using?

Is mauer even a free agent this year? I doubt it but red sox fans want him to be their savoir. Imo mauer ain't goin NOWHERE he's a minnesota kid and if the twins give anyone money it would be him. Imagine them trading him in the offseason when they have a new stadium opening next year
laugh.gif
, Get real

Mauer has one year left.

Don't rule anything out yet. Despite his goody-goody persona, him, his handlers, and more imporantly his union know this very well could be another $200 million dollar player or even higher. Mauer is obviously a homegrown kid who seemingly would be a Twin forever. However we have followed sports long enough to know agents (and the percentages they rake in) control nearly everything, and players do feel a responsibility to help their union and future players. And in Mauer's case he very well could be looking at say a 5-year, $110 mil contract from the Twins......or an 8 year, $200+ mil contract from the East Coast plus the peace of mind knowing he will be with a major contender basically every year. (Mauer, like several other Twins, is growing increasingly frustrated with his front office's lack of committment to winning....or going for that final dagger).

But yes....You think he doesnt have people in his ear telling him his MLB responsibility to take that monstrous $200 million contract? He does. It's going to be interesting to see what the Twins will give him. Because he has to essentially be signed this winter, and the team has always gone the cheapest route possible. Mauer is different. But they cannot compete with the large teams....and often cannot come even close.

Im not saying he's bolting. Im saying you cannot rule anything out with a player of his salary-caliber.

But what I will say is this.. I've watched every game the twins played after they closed the gap to 4 games on detroit (thanks to MLB network) and I was quite excited because the last time the twins came to the bronx he was turning me into a fan. Morneau was killing us and mauer was also so basically what im saying is that I went into watching these games with high expectations and to be quite honest dude failed at the time when being a "mvp" is most prevelant, I think when your team is in a penant race and your in the mvp discussion your bat should be a factor in those games. I watched detroit walk him about twice in the whole series and I also seen their pitchers attack him consistently with runners on or runners off if did not matter at all but the end of the day his "struggles" in that series didn't mean crap because jason kubel and micheal cuddyer put that team on their back and carried them to the playoffs. Then I also thought that dude was gonna destroy KC in that last series but again I was wrong cuddyer and kubel carried them dudes through another series to keep their season alive.

Valid points. The main thing was Mauer had the award almost locked up before this period.....which fair or not was the case. Mauer didnt beast the end of the year there....but he still averaged about a run a game and a hit a game and his usual 400+ OBP. And more importantly, never took one inning off.
Even the analyst on mlb network mentioned it one dude picked cuddyer for the twins mvp of the season and one picked kubel and even mentioned its gonna be real hard to win mvp of the league when your not even the mvp of your own team.
That's comedy, and that's another reflection of "experts" watching about 3 Twins games all year and then basing their opions on the one small sampling they saw with their own eyes. Them dudes had nice years and came on strong at the end....but let's be real here.

Back
Top Bottom