Official Joe Mauer AL MVP Thread vol. No HGH in MPLS

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

So I guess everytime a twin is in the running for mvp they just HAVE to get it right regardless of the numbers and the success of the team that year? You twin fans are hilarious when it comes to your guys

Get over it.

If anybody should be disgruntled, it's you. With a payroll and all that "enhanced" talent up in Gothom, there should be a full trophy case inthat new billion dollar stadium.

No offense to anyone in NY, but I root for any team but the Yanks. Just too much pompassishness for me in the big city. The only guy I feel bad for is Jeter,at least he is legit. I still feel bad for Bernie, too, but that is a past injustice.

I'll bump it again after the votes are tallied.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

So I guess everytime a twin is in the running for mvp they just HAVE to get it right regardless of the numbers and the success of the team that year? You twin fans are hilarious when it comes to your guys
This is about to backfire on you my man
laugh.gif
lulz.

Originally Posted by yankeesSTAN0130

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Whether Jeter got screwed is irrelevant. Is the argument really that Jeter got screwed in 06' So Mauer should get screwed in 09' (because its only fair). Common guys. Sure the "Feel Good" vote goes to Jeter. But bottom line is if any Yankee is winning it this year it would be Tex. And even still I would give it to Mauer above him hands down.

No1 is discounting Jeter's year, he had an amazing season and can now arguably be in the discussion for greatest Yankee of all time since he now owns the most hits ever. But he is not even the Most Valuable Player on his team this year. When do the results even come out? They should be out soon.

And as a final thing.
Originally Posted by yankeesSTAN0130

i must have gotten mixed up with smething else.the twins still got swept by the yanks in the alds.
laugh.gif
Really? Is that your reason why a Yankee deserves an INDIVIDUAL AWARD for the REGULAR SEASON? Based on a TEAMS performance in THE PLAYOFFS?

Glad you could add some real discussion the the topic.
actually no.i was saying that the twins suck and said they got swept.dont put words in my mouth.the regular season is the regular season.the post season has its own awards
O ok yea then that makes sense. Good points to add to an MVP conversation. /sarcasm

You are an idiot. Not only did you contribute an asinine comment about the playoffs once to this thread but twice. We get it, we all saw the Yankees sweep theTwins in the first round. Congratulations. But this is about MVP of the regular season. And since it seems you partially understand that there are regularseason awards and post season awards I do not understand why you felt it was a valid argument to bring up a post season series in a regular season argument.

But hey it is what it is. Keep hope alive. I have a dream. W/e mantra you want to go by. Im pretty sure Mauer is going home with the award.

LOL @ some of these cats.

Talk smack about how worthless any other player or team is in the league, but when somebody brings up the recockulous spending habbits and artificial enhancedoverpaid (A-Roid) talent and no trophy to show for it, the best comback is....

*rolls drums*

"the twins suck and we beat you in the alds"

Newsflash...if it wasn't for a few baserunning and pitching blunders, you would have been in a hell of alot of trouble.

Congrats Joey
pimp.gif

WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*haters entering*)

Back
Top Bottom