Official Joe Mauer AL MVP Thread vol. No HGH in MPLS

Javy Lopez was juiced the hell up though during that season though.

Mike's 97 is ridiculous
eek.gif
Hope it's real.

even if mauer gets mvp.i will never respect him. because on the last game of 2006 he was leading the batting race with an 347 av.jeter was right behind him at343.but mour did not want to do bad in the game and loose the tittle to jeter.so he didnt play.
If that was jeter he would have played that last game.thats how you know if a player is a legend.

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

even if mauer gets mvp.i will never respect him. because on the last game of 2006 he was leading the batting race with an 347 av.jeter was right behind him at 343.but mour did not want to do bad in the game and loose the tittle to jeter.so he didnt play.
If that was jeter he would have played that last game.thats how you know if a player is a legend.
laugh.gif

Another clueless Yankee fan. Mauer did play on the last day of the 2006 season and went 2-4. Your beloved Jeter went 1-5.

even if mauer gets mvp.i will never respect him. because on the last game of 2006 he was leading the batting race with an 347 av.jeter was right behind him at 343.but mour did not want to do bad in the game and loose the tittle to jeter.so he didnt play.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

What nonsense are you speaking of?
Joe Mauer went 2-4 on October 1st, 2006, which was the last game of the regular season
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

I'll be pissed if Jeter is shafted by another loser Twin.

grin.gif
I'll give you the first one. This time, there would be no shafting. I am still waiting for a Yankee fan to defend their opinion that Tex should be the MVP.....IMO he has been the 3rd or 4th most valuable Yankee, let alone player.

I like Jeter to win the MVP because he's the captain on the best team and had one of his best seasons ever after people and ESPECIALLY when I use to lurkYankee fans in the season thread were calling him "washed up", he's the leader of the team.

As for Tex, if you are a Yankee fan then you know Tex's defense alone probably makes him more of a valuable candidate than Jeter. I dont know how manygames we lost since Tino retired because of the mediocre at best defense at first base.

I mean would Mauer still be in the running if the Twins didnt make the playoffs? I mean don't even think Mauer played 140 games this season. He had a greatseason, dont get me wrong.

I just wanted to quote you cuz everybody else did.

You suck by the way.
laugh.gif

Some of y'all making us look bad.
smh.gif

Jeter should have won over Morneau in '06 tho'.

Obviously I'm biased but a # of people would agree with me...

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

I like Jeter to win the MVP because he's the captain on the best team and had one of his best seasons ever after people and ESPECIALLY when I use to lurk Yankee fans in the season thread were calling him "washed up", he's the leader of the team.

As for Tex, if you are a Yankee fan then you know Tex's defense alone probably makes him more of a valuable candidate than Jeter. I dont know how many games we lost since Tino retired because of the mediocre at best defense at first base.

I mean would Mauer still be in the running if the Twins didnt make the playoffs? I mean don't even think Mauer played 140 games this season. He had a great season, dont get me wrong.
Joe Mauer missed 20 games at the beginning of the season with a back injury and still played 138 games... You do realize how unheard of that isfor a catcher, right? He played literally every gad damn day for 4+ months...

And what does it matter whether or not Mauer would be in the running if the Twins didn't make the playoffs...? Fact is, they did, and he is a VERY bigreason why... And even still, with the production he put up offensively as a catcher, yes, he still would have been in the running, probably still thefront-runner...

Relating to what Nowitness41Dirk said...

It is absolutely phenomenal that Mauer's best season thus far in his young career was this one...considering everything he had to endure just THIS pastoff-season. On Dec. 22, he had surgery to eliminate a kidney obstruction that was discovered just a month or so earlier AND after, having to deal withinflammation in his right sacroiliac joint as a result of his recovery not going as planned.

This was a paragraph from an MLB.com report on February 24, 2009.
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- One day after swinging a bat for the first time in nearly five months, Twins catcher Joe Mauer couldn't take the smile off his face.
Not only had he been able to take 25 swings off a tee in the batting cage on Monday, his first activity with a bat since the Twins' 1-0 loss in Chicago on Sept. 30, but he did so without any discomfort in his torso.

http://Link

Mauer went just under FIVE, FULL months (9/30-2/24) of not swinging a bat one, single time.
eek.gif

And what are we talking about now post-regular season? Dude being a shoe-in for AL MVP.

Absolutely sick
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Considering the new stadium, I think there is no way they don't sign Mauer, no way.
You mean the same organization that after years of begging for a new stadium so they could have the means to spend more money, cut $22 million from their payroll the year the stadium finally got approved and broke ground?

Boy what a way to show the public things are changin and thank you for your funding.

Assume nothing with the Twins ownership.

The other thing that does not work in the Twins favor are the other players slated to have salary increases next season and beyond. Sure, "but they have a brand new stadium" sounds easy enough a reason to sign Mauer.....but the reality is they have huge decisions to make on current players. And we havent even gotten into free agents yet. Does this mean if they sign Mauer do an absurd contract they then have no money to get anyone else? Could be. Does it mean key players up for raises are now traded away for cheap 20 year olds (as usual)? Could be. Does this mean Mauer and his agents take all this into account when deciding if this is the team for him and how badly he wants to win? Could be.

Im stressing again that I would side with him re-signing. I'm playing d's advocate here which trust me needs to be done following this team.

Do you know what would make your statements less of an issue? SALARY CAP!!! Face it, it has to happen eventually or baseball will die. Salaries andtickets/concessions continue to rise...peoples disposable income continue to fall. Something will have to give eventually, so when people no longer go togames it will take care of itself. Baseball already seems to keep alienating fans more and more. They are not heading down a good path.

As it is now, I don't envy the Twins for what they will have to go through in re-signing Mauer. Brewers had a similar decision last season. It was eitherthrow everything you had at Sabathia and then have to surround him with garbage or let him go and have a little more flexibility with salaries. I cancertianly understand why stadiums in Pitt., KC, Cleveland, and DC are empty and frankly I don't blame the fans one bit.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Considering the new stadium, I think there is no way they don't sign Mauer, no way.
You mean the same organization that after years of begging for a new stadium so they could have the means to spend more money, cut $22 million from their payroll the year the stadium finally got approved and broke ground?

Boy what a way to show the public things are changin and thank you for your funding.

Assume nothing with the Twins ownership.

The other thing that does not work in the Twins favor are the other players slated to have salary increases next season and beyond. Sure, "but they have a brand new stadium" sounds easy enough a reason to sign Mauer.....but the reality is they have huge decisions to make on current players. And we havent even gotten into free agents yet. Does this mean if they sign Mauer do an absurd contract they then have no money to get anyone else? Could be. Does it mean key players up for raises are now traded away for cheap 20 year olds (as usual)? Could be. Does this mean Mauer and his agents take all this into account when deciding if this is the team for him and how badly he wants to win? Could be.

Im stressing again that I would side with him re-signing. I'm playing d's advocate here which trust me needs to be done following this team.

Do you know what would make your statements less of an issue? SALARY CAP!!! Face it, it has to happen eventually or baseball will die. Salaries and tickets/concessions continue to rise...peoples disposable income continue to fall. Something will have to give eventually, so when people no longer go to games it will take care of itself. Baseball already seems to keep alienating fans more and more. They are not heading down a good path.

As it is now, I don't envy the Twins for what they will have to go through in re-signing Mauer. Brewers had a similar decision last season. It was either throw everything you had at Sabathia and then have to surround him with garbage or let him go and have a little more flexibility with salaries. I can certianly understand why stadiums in Pitt., KC, Cleveland, and DC are empty and frankly I don't blame the fans one bit.

Dude stop it, your beating a dead horse major league baseball will never institute a salary cap. What people don't understand is that the luxury tax thebig markets teams are paying is a huge amount of money that keep these small market teams alive. Nobody in baseball is thinking about a salary cap nodiscussing it. The only way a salary will seriously be in consideration is if the yankees win the world series 6 years in a row with a 200 million dollar pluspayroll and that will never happen baseball is too competitive. Take last year for instance the tampa bay rays went all the way to the world series while theyankees watched from home with their 200 million dollar payroll. Basically it means nothing yankees haven't won a world series in 10 years my man and the2003 world series is a perfect example of what I'm saying

Mauer is the obvious choice this year, DJ had a phenomenal year, but Mauer was just too good. The twins winning that division locked it up for him. But man,Morneoeu robbed Jeter in 06'

LOL at the sudden "Jeter got screwed in '06" talk the last two pages.

Morneau had as much a right for that award as anyone. Could it have gone either way, like many MVP races? Sure. But he won it and the Twins went on that 2ndhalf tear. No one got screwed, and it's not like almighty Jeter lost out to David Eckstein.

According to some though, Jeter should win the legacy MVP this year too
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

LOL at the sudden "Jeter got screwed in '06" talk the last two pages.

Morneau had as much a right for that award as anyone. Could it have gone either way, like many MVP races? Sure. But he won it and the Twins went on that 2nd half tear. No one got screwed, and it's not like almighty Jeter lost out to David Eckstein.

According to some though, Jeter should win the legacy MVP this year too
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Your an idoit, even my grandma knows jeter should've won in 06'
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom