[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I'm not gonna lie; the riding of John Mayer on NT is what has kept me from listening to him. #kanyeshrug
Your loss.

This has got to be the strongest written album in recent memory.

After a couple more listens, I've come to the conclusion this is my second favorite major John Mayer album. Room For Squares is still a better overallrecord in my opinion.

Not really a weak track on here and there are some GREAT tracks. The overall sound of the album is really good too. I love how each of his albums kind of has aunique sound that is shared across the the entire record.

I take it back, Continuum might still be better. Time will tell. I forgot just how many great songs are on that album.

Slow Dancing In a Burning Room
Gravity
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Stop This Train
I'm Going To Find Another You

sick.gif
smh.gif
my b.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I take it back, Continuum might still be better. Time will tell. I forgot just how many great songs are on that album.

Gravity
Stop This Train

sick.gif
smh.gif
my b.
This.

It may just be that BS is just so cohesive and listenable that it's considered better than Continuum. You can literally play this joint the entire day andnot tire of it.

But John def. stepped up his pen game.

Gravity
Stop This Train

sick.gif
smh.gif
my b.
he played them at webster hall ( on youtube) , disgusting
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

This is album is definitely amazing. Heartbreak Warfare, Edge of Desire and Assassin are just incredible. I still need to really get into the album but thosethree off the bat are just perfection.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I'm not gonna lie; the riding of John Mayer on NT is what has kept me from listening to him. #kanyeshrug

Continuum > blowin loads on the lower back of retr0sxual's GF

-The Juice

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Gravity
Stop This Train

sick.gif
smh.gif
my b.
This.

It may just be that BS is just so cohesive and listenable that it's considered better than Continuum. You can literally play this joint the entire day and not tire of it.

But John def. stepped up his pen game.
Yeah I think that's it. All the songs on Battle Studies seem to just fit together.

Continuum is the album of the decade. No if's, and's or but's about it.

PS. Got my pre-sale code. Will be at Madison Sq. Garden on 2/25. YEEEUPP

I've played this album back to back to back on three different occasions between today and yesterday at work... joint is tooooo smooth.
and for me it goes

continuum
battle studies
room for squares
heavier things (don't really mess wit this album honestly)

every cd this man puts out is crazy

DO IS SO EASY WITH THE INK

great cd....another classic......sorry might be to early to tell

This album is reminiscent of his old material. I can't compare it to Continuum because the styles are different. Continuum had more of that bluesy feel toit. I missed that when I was listening to Battle Studies though. Still, it's
pimp.gif

just got back from LA...listened to the album and few more times and it is straight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOVE IT. perfect music to drive up the 5 to with the coast on your side...

Crossroads does not belong though, seen it twice live as well and it is MUCH better live, lost some of it's luster in the recording...

"Red wine and Ambien, you're talking !^%+ again; it's heartbreak warfare."

I'll bump my rating up from 7.5-8.0 to 8.0-8.5. Crossroads, Friends, Lovers or Nothing and, to some extent, Edge of Desire, just don't do it for memusically. Lyrically, absolutely, but not so much for the ear.

I listened to Assassin for maybe three straight hours late last night.
laugh.gif

I think I might actually buy this album... only done that for one other CD in the past.

I really wish Taylor Swift had a larger part on "Half of My Heart". Her voice is just beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom