[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

and to some extent, Edge of Desire, just don't do it for me musically. Lyrically, absolutely, but not so much for the ear.

I listened to Assassin for maybe three straight hours late last night.
laugh.gif
Really not a fan of Edge of Desire? His vocals in it are
pimp.gif

Assassin is that good though, you're right about that.

I think Taylor Swift's background vocals were pertinent for the track. She was like that little voice in your head.

This album is as intimate as it gets, so features were expected to be kept at a minimal.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Continuum is the album of the decade. No if's, and's or but's about it.

PS. Got my pre-sale code. Will be at Madison Sq. Garden on 2/25. YEEEUPP
Not so sure about that. The good thing is he's #1 and #2.

im seeing people throw out its better than Continnum...

are yall just sayin that to say how good the album is?!?!

im buyin either way but continnum is tooo dope i dont wanna go into this and be let down if its not even close

^ I can't say it's better than Continuum because that album, in my opinion, was his masterpiece. But regardless, Battle Studies will not disappointyou, in the least.

Yeah Continuum is untouchable but from what I'm hearing this is a solid album as a follow up to that. These 5 days need to go by quick.

I'm still trying to get into this. I loved Continuum, and the "bluesy" vibe that it had. I need to give BS a few more spins before I make adecision.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

edge of desire
pimp.gif
this song is so powerful
pimp.gif
frown.gif

very pertinent to my life right now.

Battle Studies is definitely a different beast when compared to Continuum.
Continuum was and continues to be an amazing album. But Battle Studies has some very good songs (Edge of Desire, Half of My Heart, Friends, Lovers, orNothing).

You have to remember though, Battle Studies was made completely different than any other album Mayer has done.
I'm really excited to hear some of this new stuff on a live album (ala Where the Light Is, which is piffery at it's finest for a live album).

P.S. When talking about Continuum, so many people leave off "In Repair". Song is so
pimp.gif

And I personally find Heavier Things' "New Deep" another sleeper.

My man Juan Mayer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great, great album. Purchased the album on pre-sale so that I could pick up tickets for the Austin show. 5th row floor seats, not bad ...

156rfau.jpg

Just came in the mail (from the JohnMayer.com pre-sale)

Not shown: Heartbreak Warfare t-shirt.

156rfau.jpg

Just came in the mail (from the JohnMayer.com pre-sale)

Not shown: Heartbreak Warfare t-shirt.
you got yours already? hmmmmm hopefully mine is on the way...

And still, i've gotta say. This album> Continuum for me. I've seen John 5 times since Continuum dropped and i guess i'm kind of tired of a fewsongs on there. However, nothing will touch Gravity, and Belief is one of my favorite JM songs...not to mention Bold AsLove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crossroads...it's very close but only time will tell to see how this album holds up...

yep, I was surprised it came so quick. I thought maybe Monday.

ps. Ordered my tix for John Mayer @ MSG. I'm basically in front of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Ordered my tix for John Mayer @ MSG. I'm basically in front of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Supposedly he is having a free show this coming Monday night in Brooklyn, I may go. I have to find out more details about it.

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif

Supposedly he is having a free show this coming Monday night in Brooklyn, I may go. I have to find out more details about it.
MySpace Secret Shows is very pleased to present... An Evening With John Mayer * * * IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CITI FORWARD BY MYSPACE MONDAY November16, 2009 FREE! AGES 16+ Doors @ 8:00 PM DETAILS BELOW @ Music Hall Of Williamsburg 66 North 6th St., Brooklyn, NY 11211 718-486-5400 PLEASE NOTE: This show isfirst come, first served. Line up will start at 10 AM Monday morning. Get there early and stay in line. Absolutely No Camping Overnight! Also, over the nextyear if you are one of the first 20 people with the new Citi Forward by MySpace card, you will automatically be able to skip the line.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif

MySpace Secret Shows is very pleased to present... An Evening With John Mayer * * * IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CITI FORWARD BY MYSPACE MONDAY November 16, 2009 FREE! AGES 16+ Doors @ 8:00 PM DETAILS BELOW @ Music Hall Of Williamsburg 66 North 6th St., Brooklyn, NY 11211 718-486-5400 PLEASE NOTE: This show is first come, first served. Line up will start at 10 AM Monday morning. Get there early and stay in line. Absolutely No Camping Overnight! Also, over the next year if you are one of the first 20 people with the new Citi Forward by MySpace card, you will automatically be able to skip the line.
Thanks for posting PJ, I hope I can make it, may have to lineup real early. From pictures I saw of the venue, it looks small.

^ Oh alright. Just checked and Toronto isnt even up yet, but most Canadian show pre-sales are on the 24th.

Are codes only good for one use ? Or can they be shared around
nerd.gif

^The email that I got w/ my presale code was specific to me. If that Canadian presale is NOT the JM.com one, then I'd just say do some Googling around forpasswords ...

the presale passwords are good for 3 shows, 4 tickets each...i MIGHT be able to hook a NT'er up...but since my presale is last i don't know if it'sworth it...

Back
Top Bottom