OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by HAGS

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Originally Posted by magicmike872

23SOLE Im with you. If these kicks would have sold out, kids would of thought they were the best ever! It's either you like the shoe or you don't. Don't like what Kanye likes, or what is hard to find, because I could name plenty of shoes that are limited that are wack! I remeber when I bought my OG Concords. People looked at me like I was a idiot for buying patenet leather shoes, but I did not care because I liked them. Key phrase being "I liked them". You kids should try that sometime...

Yep magicmike I totally agree! I specifically remember in 7th grade people saying the two holes in the the tongue on my basketball shoes were stupid and way too much for a shoe... now look at them.  I also remember that with the flashy silver tongue, fuzzy Jumpman (VII), and the patent leather.  Funny, I think a lot will be said the same about the "window" on the 2010's, and that's why I like them.  They are different and not like all the other shoes- it's how JB started!
Exactly!!!! Yes I remember people sayin that to a tee!...Air Jordans always pushed the envelope and be unique...but ya know I loved Air Jordans because I just wanted to be like Mike..these kids don't know the feeling of havin a pair of sneakers being worn by the man himself and watching em on tv...  nowadays some buy em cuz of hype, exclusiveness, and re-selling etc. Back then we just liked the shoe for what it is and what it meant to us. To us o.g. heads it's purely nostalgic...
Yep.. shoulda added this too.... How many of you 25+ remember sitting right in front of the TV so you could get a grasp of a new color or if it was the All Star game a new model? No forums, no internet, no clear pics of a shoe that released in 6 months.  It's different now but this is why I still collect, to grasp a little of those memories even though it will never be the same.  People talking like 2000 was the good ol days, hell naw! Watching Mike on WGN trying to see what he was wearing were the good ol days!!!!!
OMG hell yea dude...Imagine if back then HD was available we'd be able to see Mike's feet sooo clearly!...I remember in 92 and MJ wearing white/red VII's (hares) all I can see was an arrow pointing down on the back of his shoe..im like "What is that??!?"... It was soooo exciting to see what the new model was like and only way to see it was watchin MJ play...Nothing else can compare to that exciting feeling now...Nothing!.. Anyways these VI's are awesome..its exactly what I thought they'd looked like back in 91 when you can only see em on tv..but in person when they debut i was like "pink???... its not red?" haha

23SOLE Im with you. If these kicks would have sold out, kids would of thought they were the best ever! It's either you like the shoe or you don't. Don't like what Kanye likes, or what is hard to find, because I could name plenty of shoes that are limited that are wack! I remeber when I bought my OG Concords. People looked at me like I was a idiot for buying patenet leather shoes, but I did not care because I liked them. Key phrase being "I liked them". You kids should try that sometime...

Yep magicmike I totally agree! I specifically remember in 7th grade people saying the two holes in the the tongue on my basketball shoes were stupid and way too much for a shoe... now look at them.  I also remember that with the flashy silver tongue, fuzzy Jumpman (VII), and the patent leather.  Funny, I think a lot will be said the same about the "window" on the 2010's, and that's why I like them.  They are different and not like all the other shoes- it's how JB started!
Exactly!!!! Yes I remember people sayin that to a tee!...Air Jordans always pushed the envelope and be unique...but ya know I loved Air Jordans because I just wanted to be like Mike..these kids don't know the feeling of havin a pair of sneakers being worn by the man himself and watching em on tv...  nowadays some buy em cuz of hype, exclusiveness, and re-selling etc. Back then we just liked the shoe for what it is and what it meant to us. To us o.g. heads it's purely nostalgic...
Yep.. shoulda added this too.... How many of you 25+ remember sitting right in front of the TV so you could get a grasp of a new color or if it was the All Star game a new model? No forums, no internet, no clear pics of a shoe that released in 6 months.  It's different now but this is why I still collect, to grasp a little of those memories even though it will never be the same.  People talking like 2000 was the good ol days, hell naw! Watching Mike on WGN trying to see what he was wearing were the good ol days!!!!!
Word
pimp.gif

Man I been on Niketalk since it started. I barely even post anywhere on the site. I probably registered a few years later. But reading you guys posts really got me. I got to reply to this. Back then Watching MJ on TV was REALLY the good old days. Its a certain feeling you get seeing the man step out on the floor with those shoes on man
smokin.gif
. or when Ahmad Rashad held the Concords in his hand, or when MJ wore the 1's at MSG, when he was laying on the floor crying after the 4th championship. The black/red XII's during the flu game and the Bulls down by 16 in the second quarter. Sitting there biting your nails. Coming back on March 18th against the Knicks with 45 on and the Chicago X's. I can go on and on about these moments I seen live. But the point is these moment accentuated the experience of buying these shoes.....hence why we still buy Air Jordan's today. For the truest and sincerest reasons. The MAN (MJ) himself. Shout out to HAGS and 23SOLE. You guys are on point. Keep trying to school these youngins.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chubzpgp

ninjahood wrote:

bAMAZING wrote:

Ninja always drops the knowledge! Lol. Do you look this stuff up or just know it?

Im 26, & been on this site 8 years, so you can chalk it up to experience & common sense .
or hate

Call it hate all you want, fact of da matter is my finger was on da pulse as far as how people felt

About these, and it was a lukewarm/cold response.

Expect these to sit until a "hotter" color anchors these outta stores, similar on how da playoff XII's

Selling out made da white & flint grey, and black & red XII's that were already on sale sell out shortly

After. Expect da "oreos" to do better since its a retro + color done right on its own merit and not

Ridin da coat tails of da infrareds.

8 years on a website doesn't make you yoda. lmao. Some of you rascals take this too seriously.

You haven't predicted anything worth praising, son. No one CAN.

Man, you're really feeling yourself. So much that you can't even tell when cats are being sarcastic toward you.

My question is, WHY do you keep commenting on a shoe that you don't like? It's as if JB threw eggs at you while you were riding your bike.

Keep doing your thing though nostradomus. hahahh.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

8 years on a website doesn't make you yoda. lmao. Some of you rascals take this too seriously.

You haven't predicted anything worth praising, son. No one CAN.

Man, you're really feeling yourself. So much that you can't even tell when cats are being sarcastic toward you.

My question is, WHY do you keep commenting on a shoe that you don't like? It's as if JB threw eggs at you while you were riding your bike.

Says dude that was gassed on coppin these cuz "yo these varsity reds is rare bro"
laugh.gif
grin.gif

U mad?
pimp.gif

Im glad that from the looks of it everyone that wanted these was able to grab a pair or two. I can definitely say that this was a pretty easy scoop up. Gotta love the Nike Employee hookup:

Niketalk id as well as ebay id

Far from mad. This isn't my life. It's a shoe website. If Im going to be mad, I'll be mad at the lady that messed up my mcdonalds order before anything on here. lol

I couldn't care less what the next man cops. I may shout out an occassional opinion but I don't spend weeks refuting the existence of a shoe.
laugh.gif

Now that's what I call "mad".

Only got em on RD cuz I thought they were gonna sell out, had I know they would sit I just woulda copped in person

Got my pair easily at around noon. These are really nice. I was looking forward to this release. VI's are my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom