Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Went to FTL and tried my Size 11 with elite socks on and they felt perfect with the width but the length was a little too long (about in between a quarter to nickel size extra) like many have mentioned. I sized down to 10.5 and the length is perfect but the width was snug but not too snug. I may size down as a few have mentioned after they break in they feel good with width.

Last edited:
Wearing my favorite VIII's..

Got my pair today. Crazy part is I got them for free! I love this shoe. My favorite Kobe silhouette to date. The only thing I don't like is the back of the shoe. The sole area looks so plain, it looks like a casual dress shoe. Like a pair of Diesel's or something.

Have to buy the purple fades again.. Got worn out big time. Had holes in them..

Just left ftl. Tried on the 11 tts.very very comfortable shoe. Def copping in store friday.

Manager confirmed bhm pushed. Back to 22 but he showed me email that had a white/purple/black 11 on feb. 5th. What color is that??

Sounds like inlines? I believe someone posted some NBA player wearing a white/purple/black colorway, I forget who, no one was sure if inline or PE.

Damn, if an inline colorway is coming, I may have to hold off on an ID, thats what I was aiming to build, something based on the Kobe V inline.

For reference, I sized up .5 on the Kobe X to a sz 12. I tried on a 12 in these and they fit more like a 13, I had about 1.5-2 inches of dead space in the toe. 
sick.gif
My same issue bro...though NT is swaying me to go with my tts
Now I don't even know what size to buy.  I have to go to the mall and try on a pair before the BHMs drop.

Got my pair today. Crazy part is I got them for free! I love this shoe. My favorite Kobe silhouette to date. The only thing I don't like is the back of the shoe. The sole area looks so plain, it looks like a casual dress shoe. Like a pair of Diesel's or something.

the 11 box looks great

Just left ftl. Tried on the 11 tts.very very comfortable shoe. Def copping in store friday.

Manager confirmed bhm pushed. Back to 22 but he showed me email that had a white/purple/black 11 on feb. 5th. What color is that??

Pushed to the 22nd [emoji]128533[/emoji]

The black/white pair box says Black/White/Court Purple, that's the "home" pair apparently. I think the sole is considered purple but I don't see it.

I'm still salty I never got a pair of 8's, especially the purple fades. One of the best Kobes.

Got Achilles Heel. Will get Lakers and Bruce Lee for sure and possibly Easter. They are so many good ones just for the 11, man I am in trouble.

I am new here, wondering how many pairs you guys will get for Kobe 11?

I tried on a half size down and my toes were hitting the end so I went with tts and am gonna ball in them tonight. Will give a performance review later on. I'm just hoping these work well because there are so many colorways that are gonna be hot. I can hardly wait to see some of the ID's come in as well. Looks like it gonna be a long year for Kobes for me lol.

Achilles or BHM's???

Please post pics guys and tell us your thoughts once you get it, I am still debating.

Where did you get yours btw? From Nike.com?
Yea got it from NDC. I won't be surprised if I have to get a different size. I'm almost always wrong when I order Kobe shirts/hoodies. Sometimes they run small, or too big. If I have to re-order I'll probably get it from Footlocker, it's eligible for discount.

Please post pics guys and tell us your thoughts once you get it, I am still debating.

Where did you get yours btw? From Nike.com?

Yes, NDC and will post pics. Went with a large so hopefully it fits good. Chose the University Red/ Black/Grey colour [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Just realized I can get these for $169 so pending on reviews these have been upgraded to a robocop 
pimp.gif

Hey guys just put in a few hours in these so here we go for a performance review:

Sizing: 10/10

TTS was perfect for me. I am a narrow footer and they were fine length wise as well. I always tie my shoes up decently tight when I play but even when I didn't I wasn't sliding around too much at all. When they were tight, no slippage at all. These fit like the Kobe 9 EM lows to me.  

Traction: 9/10

Traction was great. It was nice to hear the squeaks again. The Kobe 10 didn't squeak at all. I know it doesn't matter really but I for some reason like the sound. I was able to make cuts and pull off spin moves in the post with no fear of losing traction. Others were actually complaining of how dusty the floor and were sliding around. I had no issues at all with the traction.   

Cushioning: 8/10

The cushioning felt great when I put them on and started warming up. However, once we started playing full court I found that the cushioning felt pretty rigid. In the heel area it was firm almost to the point it was uncomfortable. However, in the toe area it felt great and I felt fine being up on my toes playing defense. I know this probably occurred because they are not broken in and that is where the zoom bag is. I will say that the cushioning will probably get better the more I wear the shoe but i will rate them based upon the moment.

Fit: 9/10

These fit me like a more comfortable version of the Kobe 9 Elite Low. I didn't have any heel slippage at all. I also felt that the heel to toe transition was good as well. These have great court feel and give me great containment. I wasn't sliding within the shoe at all.

Overall: 9/10

These felt amazing on foot and I know the colorways are gonna be great this year. They reminds me of a combination of the 8's and 9's. I feel that the sizing is great. The traction was good as well. These are going to be monsters on the court and I feel they will only get better as they break in.

Hey guys just put in a few hours in these so here we go for a performance review:

Sizing: 10/10

TTS was perfect for me. I am a narrow footer and they were fine length wise as well. I always tie my shoes up decently tight when I play but even when I didn't I wasn't sliding around too much at all. When they were tight, no slippage at all. These fit like the Kobe 9 EM lows to me.  

Traction: 9/10

Traction was great. It was nice to hear the squeaks again. The Kobe 10 didn't squeak at all. I know it doesn't matter really but I for some reason like the sound. I was able to make cuts and pull off spin moves in the post with no fear of losing traction. Others were actually complaining of how dusty the floor and were sliding around. I had no issues at all with the traction.   

Cushioning: 8/10

The cushioning felt great when I put them on and started warming up. However, once we started playing full court I found that the cushioning felt pretty rigid. In the heel area it was firm almost to the point it was uncomfortable. However, in the toe area it felt great and I felt fine being up on my toes playing defense. I know this probably occurred because they are not broken in and that is where the zoom bag is. I will say that the cushioning will probably get better the more I wear the shoe but i will rate them based upon the moment.

Fit: 9/10

These fit me like a more comfortable version of the Kobe 9 Elite Low. I didn't have any heel slippage at all. I also felt that the heel to toe transition was good as well. These have great court feel and give me great containment. I wasn't sliding within the shoe at all.

Overall: 9/10

These felt amazing on foot and I know the colorways are gonna be great this year. They reminds me of a combination of the 8's and 9's. I feel that the sizing is great. The traction was good as well. These are going to be monsters on the court and I feel they will only get better as they break in.

Love the review bro. So did you get same size as your Kobe 9 elite low? I have the beethoves which fit snug at first but once they broken into. They were money. Sz 10 just like ALL kobes 1-8

Love the review bro. So did you get same size as your Kobe 9 elite low? I have the beethoves which fit snug at first but once they broken into. They were money. Sz 10 just like ALL kobes 1-8
Same size everything! Been hooping in them since the 5's and haven't left 13 at all. They feel like the elite lows with the length of the EM's if that makes sense. To me they fit perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom