Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I don't really care for a special pack or anything. If you like it that's cool I totally understand. I'm more waiting for the retro of OG colorways

It was a reference to another NTer saying this pack was only for true Kobe fans. Dont worry I missed it too at first.

Last edited:

Seems like these BL's didn't sell like the White ones from last Monday did. I figured it would be the other way around.
BL's were GR, 4KB's were much more limited. A lot of stores didn't even get them and most stores I came across got limited pairs to begin with. 

wow SNKRS or bust from the look of the FTL locator. Well at least you strike out you know right away. Less stressful and no wasting gas(rising prices again) getting tickets every release.

What's also not really helping this FTB Pack's appeal is that it's coming off the heels of one of the better Kobe release weeks in a long time.

Both the 4KBs and BLs are fantastic.  And that's coming from someone who's been religiously buying Kobes since the switch from Adi. 

Last week was a good week.

I'm not a hypocrite.  I'll take a shot at least 4 or 5 of these FTB releases.  But I won't really feel the 'L' if I lost out on any or all of them.  And I doubt I would pay much more than $30 over retail for any of em. 

Plain and Simple...they're plain.  I like the box though, and the little 'Kobe' touches seem cool (at least on the 2K4)...but not worth much over retail.

so coming in to the FT pack we knew they were going to be a slight fade from shoe to shoe like this, im a little surprised to see so many say they are underwhelmed.

Those VII's though :smokin glad to not see much talk about them.

I didnt start copping Kobes until the 8, whats the thoughts on the 7?

Last edited:
so coming in to the FT pack we knew they were going to be a slight fade from shoe to shoe like this, I'm a little surprised to see so many say they are underwhelmed.

Those VII's though
smokin.gif
glad to not see much talk about them.

Most will say the VII's are one of the worst Kobe's for performance. Personally I didn't mind them. They fit me a little snug and I've had squeaking issues with the drop in midsole unit. But other than that I liked them

Most will say the VII's are one of the worst Kobe's for performance. Personally I didn't mind them. They fit me a little snug and I've had squeaking issues with the drop in midsole unit. But other than that I liked them

Most were not a fan of the 7. WTK, Cloaks, and Wolfs were the only standouts of the sig.

repped both of you, thank you. Yeah i've never heard too many positives on the 7, good thing performance wont matter for me :lol:

Last edited:
so coming in to the FT pack we knew they were going to be a slight fade from shoe to shoe like this, im a little surprised to see so many say they are underwhelmed.

Those VII's though
smokin.gif

Yup...I knew what the theme was, and that they were going to be a fade from shoe to shoe, but I think most of us are used to seeing those 'leaked' pics that make the shoes look like they s*ck, but at the pics get better, the shoe's appeal gets better.

These were 'blah' in the leaked pics, and are 'blah' to some of us now.  I was at least hoping that the patterns from the Preludes would be translated into these shoes in black/white/grey shades.  Something like that.  These just seem like monotone iDs.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks that the all stars are underrated ? :nerd:
Damn forgot about ASG 7. That was one my faves as well. My wife loved hers. She was a big fan of the Xmas joints too. I thought Sharks were pretty decent, especially for $70 :lol: .

Those VII's though
smokin.gif

One of the better models aesthetically IMO, I loved the cloaks, sharks, galaxies (I own the latter 2).

Comfort and performance, however, I hate them. The upper is really stiff until you break them in, I went a half size up since I have a wide foot and those galaxies are still really snug and painful after a few hours. I balled in my sharks for about a month and the paint on the midsole rubs off really easily. It might be because of me going half size up, but my heel never feels really secure or locked down. And after balling in my sharks, they have a really obnoxious squeak when I walk in them casually  (which is all I do with them now).

Damn forgot about ASG 7. That was one my faves as well. My wife loved hers. She was a big fan of the Xmas joints too. I thought Sharks were pretty decent, especially for $70 :lol: .

i was actually talking about the 11 :lol: ..but yeah the 7 all stars are :smokin

One of the better models aesthetically IMO, I loved the cloaks, sharks, galaxies (I own the latter 2).

Comfort and performance, however, I hate them. The upper is really stiff until you break them in, I went a half size up since I have a wide foot and those galaxies are still really snug and painful after a few hours. I balled in my sharks for about a month and the paint on the midsole rubs off really easily. It might be because of me going half size up, but my heel never feels really secure or locked down. And after balling in my sharks, they have a really obnoxious squeak when I walk in them casually  (which is all I do with them now).

Damn, Kobe thread is super helpful, I dont think i've ever gotten 3 answers to a question before :lol:

repped sir

Damn, Kobe thread is super helpful, I dont think i've ever gotten 3 answers to a question before
laugh.gif

repped sir
Haha I love talking about the 7's cause not many talk about em...and I'm curious to know if people have had the same experience I've had with em

I need the 2's from the FTB pack simply because that is the only model I don't own a pair of.
I have a feeling those XI's in the FTB will be super limited but I'm sure Kobe will wear those which will hold significance in my sneaker collection. Similar to the ASG XI's.

Back
Top Bottom